Author Topic: April Tn/Ga/NC/ meet and greet lunch Waynesville, NC  (Read 6008 times)

Online Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
Re: UPDATE. April Tn/Ga/NC/ etc meet and greet lunch Waynesville, NC
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2021, 05:49:55 AM »
Well, NC guideline right now is *up to* 75% capacity with the caveat that tables must be 6' distant from one another..  thaats prob why they went down to 6 tables.. distancing based, not capacity based.

Oh well, I'll get mine to go and eat out front  :thumb:
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

bobrebos

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2021, 06:22:36 AM »
Well, NC guideline right now is *up to* 75% capacity with the caveat that tables must be 6' distant from one another..  thaats prob why they went down to 6 tables.. distancing based, not capacity based.

Oh well, I'll get mine to go and eat out front  :thumb:

:thumb: "Adapt and Conquer"

Offline timmythecop

• New Egg
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2021, 07:49:13 AM »
If my SP isnt fit to go over the mountain, will yall accept a BMW or an HD in the parking lot?

-timmy, east tennessee.
1980 1000SP
1978 850 T3
2000 VFR800Fi
2015 Harley FLHTPi
2005 Harley XLH1200R
1995 BMW R1100GS
1992 BMW K75S
1981 Suzuki GS450T

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2021, 09:13:43 PM »
I certainly would. 

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2021, 09:13:43 PM »

bobrebos

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2021, 07:02:03 AM »
If my SP isnt fit to go over the mountain, will yall accept a BMW or an HD in the parking lot?

-timmy, east tennessee.

Of course we would!  Hope you can make it.

bobrebos

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2021, 07:44:08 AM »
Great so....I show so far attendees as being;

Mayor of BBQ
Twinboy
Motormike
Solorider73
plus maybe a couple from the facebook page
me
bubba
Wavedog
vintagehoarder
Desmo
mnuttall87
timmythecop

So thats about 13!!.  Thats great.  Hoping for good weather as im camping about 50 miles away from the restaurant!  Woo hoo.  Will be fun to see everyone.  Ride safe.

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2021, 02:13:54 PM »
Right now, my Griso is a unicycle (See "Beaten by a F***ing Tire) so who knows what I'll ride over.

Offline Solorider73

• Gosling
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2021, 04:20:25 PM »
I still plan to be there, however my plans have changed.  I'm required to travel for work that week and I'm flying home on Friday.  So I will probably ride up on Saturday.  I was originally planning to come up on Friday and camp.  I may still camp on Saturday.
Current Stable
2019 MG V7 lll Stone
2020 MG V85TT Adventure
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

bobrebos

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2021, 08:18:07 PM »
I still plan to be there, however my plans have changed.  I'm required to travel for work that week and I'm flying home on Friday.  So I will probably ride up on Saturday.  I was originally planning to come up on Friday and camp.  I may still camp on Saturday.

:thumb:

bobrebos

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2021, 03:20:19 AM »
Eight days out.  Looks like it might rain but we will make the best out of it.  REMEMBER limited seating due to - so you will probably have a wait for lunch!  I cant help that.  Hope to see you all Saturday the 24th!

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2021, 06:17:54 PM »
200+ miles one way for me, so I'm not too enthused about riding all day in the wet.  Here's hoping for a dry weekend.  Some people say it's fun to ride a motorcycle in the rain. Of course, some people say it's fun to go to the dentist!  :tongue:

Offline Solorider73

• Gosling
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2021, 06:26:26 PM »
200+ miles one way for me, so I'm not too enthused about riding all day in the wet.  Here's hoping for a dry weekend.  Some people say it's fun to ride a motorcycle in the rain. Of course, some people say it's fun to go to the dentist!  :tongue:

If I’m out riding and it rains so be it, but I have a hard time leaving home with it raining.
Current Stable
2019 MG V7 lll Stone
2020 MG V85TT Adventure
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2021, 06:28:21 PM »
Just looked at the extended forecast for Waynesville.  Low temps looks to be the bigger problem.   Low 40's every morning and low 60's is where it tops out in the afternoon.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 06:29:44 PM by Motormike »

bobrebos

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2021, 03:37:24 AM »
OK Sounds like the bad weather forecast may cause some not to go for lunch.  I fully understand.  If you are not going please state so here, so i know, or you can text me (with your screen name because i probably dont have your number to show me who you are) to (920) four one two-zero zero eight 8.

If nobody wants to go I will cancel it, but I will still go camping in the area.  Im not just going to sit at home!

Thank You  Bob
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 03:43:04 AM by bobrebos »

Online Mayor_of_BBQ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2021, 05:35:30 AM »
Low temps looks to be the bigger problem.   Low 40's every morning and low 60's is where it tops out in the afternoon.

spring time in the carolina mountains!

Online Mayor_of_BBQ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2021, 05:37:26 AM »
I'm still coming Bob, may even convince Little Lupe to join me...  We wont depart in the rain, but if it looks clear we will be there.  She is more tolerant to riding than rain than I am, but I think thats because I catch all the wet and she's shielded by my wide frame back there

bobrebos

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2021, 07:38:01 AM »
I'm still coming Bob, may even convince Little Lupe to join me...  We wont depart in the rain, but if it looks clear we will be there.  She is more tolerant to riding than rain than I am, but I think thats because I catch all the wet and she's shielded by my wide frame back there

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2021, 10:09:17 AM »
I'll probably ride over on the GS instead of the Griso.  Sorry Moto Guzzi, but heated grips and jacket wins out over style and sound, at least this time of year.  :wink:

bobrebos

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2021, 10:11:06 AM »
I'll probably ride over on the GS instead of the Griso.  Sorry Moto Guzzi, but heated grips and jacket wins out over style and sound, at least this time of year.  :wink:

bobrebos

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2021, 10:13:09 AM »
REMINDER.  Due to - and state procedures there is limited seating inside the restaurant so you may have to wait a while for lunch.  (Wait your turn), or maybe get it to go and sit outside if its not raining???  Oh well, we will make the best of it.   :bike-037:

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2021, 10:21:43 AM »
Waynesville forecast just shows a chance of thunderstorms.  And those are supposed to be late in the day.  So at least at this early juncture, I don't think weather looks too bad, although a bit cool.  Sunday (for anyone spending the night) look great.

Online Mayor_of_BBQ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2021, 11:03:05 AM »
Weather forcast in WNC shows 'chance of rain' or 'chance of thunderstorms' every day from march 1 until about Sept 1 every year anyway...  Learned a long time ago if you wait for that to pass, you will never leave the house 2.5 seasons out of the year. We get more rain than Seattle or London in Asheville

bobrebos

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2021, 11:34:11 PM »
Bumpity Bump.  Six days out until the lunch meet-up.  Hoping rain leaves the forecast for Saturday, but if not.....I own rain gear!!!   :bike-037: 

bobrebos

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2021, 11:43:26 AM »
I received an email from a member who said they are not going because of all the people not decisive if they are going or not.  He brings up a valid point...50 degrees and rain...TOUGHEN UP!  The weather isn’t always going to be perfect and if we want these meet and greet lunches to continue, participation, and commitment is needed.  Some people have to plan for a campsite, take off work, etc etc and commitment by riders is needed for these to keep happening.

I can stop planning the meet and greets if that is preferred but I won’t cancel due to weather unless its dangerous (Blizzards, tornadoes, heavy storms in forecast etc) but 50 degrees and rain won’t cancel it.

I’m going either way.  Camping out Friday through Sunday and riding over to the restaurant in the rain, with cold weather gear on and eat a lunch....and if I have to wait my turn due to - at the restaurant...so be it.  Ride safe everyone, I will get off my soapbox now. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 11:58:27 AM by bobrebos »

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2021, 02:48:01 PM »
Speaking of which, how was the camping at TWO's?

bobrebos

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2021, 03:48:40 PM »
Speaking of which, how was the camping at TWO's?

I wasnt able to go.  I had posted that I had to go to Wisconsin for business for three weeks over that period. 

Online Mayor_of_BBQ

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2021, 07:30:58 AM »
I thought the whole beauty of a casual ride-in lunch meet & greet was that you dont have to lock in plans, you dont have to travel all day and camp and commit and pay like a rally where they need firm head counts for meals and tent spaces etc..  Isnt that the point of rotating location where you can drop in, chat, look at the bikes, eat & drink (or not) and then roll home and only commit to a day trip or a half day outing? If I made reservations and paid a rally fee and planned to meet riders there, I would for sure ride in 50deg rain to get there. But it's early in the season, I have all summer of beautiful weather to ride, and I have plenty to do around the house to keep me occupied which all seems better than forcing myself out of the house in drizzling rain with 48deg temps.

If the weather is nice and I feel like it and my wife hasn't devised a scheme to ruin my back and break my knees with physical labor... I'll be there.

If it's raining when I need to leave, or my godson shows up with the catalytic converter we need to install on his car, or I dont get my walkway project completed during the afternoons after work this week, or I just dont feel like it.. I wont.

Hope to see ya'll there!  :bike-037:

bobrebos

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2021, 07:40:10 AM »
I thought the whole beauty of a casual ride-in lunch meet & greet was that you dont have to lock in plans, you dont have to travel all day and camp and commit and pay like a rally where they need firm head counts for meals and tent spaces etc..  Isnt that the point of rotating location where you can drop in, chat, look at the bikes, eat & drink (or not) and then roll home and only commit to a day trip or a half day outing? If I made reservations and paid a rally fee and planned to meet riders there, I would for sure ride in 50deg rain to get there. But it's early in the season, I have all summer of beautiful weather to ride, and I have plenty to do around the house to keep me occupied which all seems better than forcing myself out of the house in drizzling rain with 48deg temps.

If the weather is nice and I feel like it and my wife hasn't devised a scheme to ruin my back and break my knees with physical labor... I'll be there.

If it's raining when I need to leave, or my godson shows up with the catalytic converter we need to install on his car, or I dont get my walkway project completed during the afternoons after work this week, or I just dont feel like it.. I wont.

Hope to see ya'll there!  :bike-037:

Thats more than fair.  I understand and agree.  Best wishes

bobrebos

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2021, 05:47:36 AM »
I have gotton three requests to cancel the Saturday meet and greet lunch due to 90% precipitation for heavy rain and temperatures at 50 degrees.  Cant buy a break when it comes to these meet and greets and the weather it seems like.  Supposed to be heavy rain now. The event meet and greet lunch is still a go.  I understand if nobody goes because of the weather.  I and Bubba will still go to eat, rain and cold or not.  Again, I understand if nobody goes.  Stay well!

« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 07:25:54 AM by bobrebos »

Offline wavedog

• Gaggle Mentor
Unless the weather forecast changes I will not be going, however there are a few days before departure. Hopefully things will change. Last nights forecast shows rain where I live in Georgia on Saturday as well as Waynesville with up to a half inch in the Waynesville area. I had planned on camping at BRMC. Cold and rainy to start out- I am not as tough as I used to be.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here