Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Maybe consider the V-65C or Nevada or Florida?  Those are more like downsized versions of the early Eldorado.  However  anything with substantial mileage is likely to need a very full restoration project first.  Also, for unknown reasons, the V-65C we had got the worst fuel consumption of any Guzzi I've ever owned.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA
General Discussion / Re: V85TT Air Filter/Air Box/Fine Dust Intrusion
« Last post by yrunvs on Today at 10:07:11 AM »
Thanks for that,    I'll keep an eye on my (new to me 2022 V85TT) air filter.
Fixer upper. We were born the same year!  :grin:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/696547425487816

I'd also have to get used to the rear brake and gear shift being on the "wrong" sides!
...So the answer is you've been looking in the right places and there's no true fit.

...So I'd say the answer is NO.

Thanks!

Much as I secretly hoped you'd say something like, "What you want is a 2007-2010 Diplomat. (No such thing.) It's exactly what you're after," I'm glad to know that a model hasn't snuck by me!  :grin:

I just need to figure out whether I want to commit to a bike that's approx. half a century old, or get something newer that, alas, isn't a Guzzi. :sad:
I don't think the new V7 small blocks are anything like the Loops. I own a Cal Spec and an Ambo. Definitely not the same feel. So I'd say the answer is NO.

-AJ
You are asking about the bike I've been chasing on my head for a few decades. I came to it from a slightly different point of view, a Harley Road King, but really I'm looking for the same.

When I first bought my Cali Jackal I thought it was it, a slightly smaller and lighter, upright, nice handling, long distance capable bike. It probably was it for all intents and purposes though the ergos, and wheelbase seemed a tad different. And not l honestly it was a bit quirky from design and service points of view.

So I wound up pursuing the smallblock chassis and it as much closer to what I was looking for, except perhaps highway comfort and prowess and the ergos are still a little different.

I bought a late model RK and kept it alongside a pair of V7's for a while before conceding that it was just too big a bike for that I wanted.

My only conclusion in the Guzzi family was the smallblock and honestly I still think the first gen V9 night be the right answer from ergos to motor feel, but I'm not in love with the tank which would be an expensive swap.

So the answer is you've been looking in the right places and there's no true fit.
General Discussion / Re: Price Check: 2008 Nevada 17,600 miles
« Last post by Mwether on Today at 09:04:45 AM »
You snooze you lose.

Yep."He who hesitates is lost."
But also, "Look before you leap." Finding the golden mean between those two can be tough!

I also think it's a "loss" to buy quickly, if you're not positive about the purchase. The Nevada was close but not exactly right. I couldn't quite shake the '80s Virago memories it evoked....

...In 1971 I had a chance to buy an Ambassador for 1000$ but I couldn’t decide.

According to the Internetz, that's $7700 in "today dollars." I get the hesitation!  :grin:
General Discussion / Re: V85TT Air Filter/Air Box/Fine Dust Intrusion
« Last post by Grabcon on Today at 08:59:22 AM »
I have seen similar threads on a different sight. I have a 2020 V855TT and have not seen this issue. Mine has nearly 14k miles and have check the air filter three times. No dust issues.
The V7 is what initially attracted me to Guzzis five plus years ago, I REALLY thought I wanted one.

However, the more I learned, the more older models replaced the V7 as objects of desire. I began to fall in love with the styling of the V700s/Ambassadors/Eldorados.

Does a more modern midsize Guzzi with that same design language even exist? (I know I should ride one to be sure, but I've written off Californias as too big and unwieldy.)

If it helps, I'm also a big fan of the look of the RE Classic 350, but its performance envelope seems to have too much overlap with my Piaggio Liberty. The Super Meteor is less aesthetically attractive IMO, but (with bags and a screen) it's sort of in the right vein, plus it has a much more capable engine than the Classic.

Essentially, I'm wondering whether there are any other options for what I'm after besides:
I realize that, in a Guzzi forum, #2 will not be an attractive option for many...  :grin:

General Discussion / Re: Price Check: 2008 Nevada 17,600 miles
« Last post by Tkelly on Today at 08:39:48 AM »
You snooze you lose.In 1971 I had a chance to buy an Ambassador for 1000$ but I couldn’t decide .Whe I called a couple days later it was long gone.I didn’t get my first Guzzi until 1979.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here