General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

V7 Classic with Lario heads

<< < (3/75) > >>

mwrenn:

--- Quote from: fotoguzzi on December 14, 2012, 07:32:31 PM ---do you have pix?

--- End quote ---
Yes, I had some earlier threads on here, I will see if I can find one of the threads and link it...
http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=52223.0

mwrenn:

--- Quote from: Tazturtle on December 14, 2012, 05:38:19 PM ---It will be fascinating to watch your latest project develop.

I stopped in at a fellow Italian Motorcycle Club member's house two weeks ago. He has a lovely V35 Imola that is currently fitted with a V50 motor. On the bench was a beautifully restored V65 Lario motor that is destined for the Imola! He is running Suzuki GN250 valves & springs.

Kurt

--- End quote ---
Found this from 2008...

Re: Advice on Lario valve/spring isues (with more pics)
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 08:28:24 AM »
All parts now on hand.

Will post pics when I start rebuilding in a week or two.

Can't wait to get this thing going again.  Well, going for the first time for me...

Cost of parts to date:

8 valve springs - suzuki $65  p/n 12921-38211

16 spring seats - suzuki  $100 p/n 12933-38200

16 valve collets - genuine $160

8 valves - genuine $360

Trevor G

mwrenn:

--- Quote from: Carl Allison on December 14, 2012, 08:33:42 PM ---It was too purty to pass up. The functional difference are the engine characteristics. Jury is out on that one. Better around town, top end comparison is an unknown at this point.

--- End quote ---
Well, that bike is easy on the eyes for sure!  Seems like Guzzi did exactly what was needed!

sign216:
mwrenn, I'm interested in your mods.  Like you, I like to work on my V7 as well.

Are you going to do a dyno run?

Tazturtle:
Have you sourced the flat top pistons yet?

:+1 on the dyno runs before and after!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version