Author Topic: Fitting panniers to Breva, which parts do I need and where to order?  (Read 1168 times)

w123driver

I found a pair  panniers from 2008 Norge which I am hoping to put on my 2007 Breva V1100. I trust I will need a pannier mounting bracket kit, but not sure what part numbers and where to buy. There are two plastic hooks held with steel screws. I could not find any online source for a bracket kit. The panniers do not have key tumblers. What would be part number for those? Is this something I could put Givi or other aftermarket lock? Thanks 

Offline atavar

• Gaggle Mentor
That will be tough.  The mounts for the Norge and Breva side cases (panniers go on the front wheel) are different.  Give me a few minutes, I'll go out and take pictures of the two of them.

EDIT ----

OK, while I was out taking pictures I realized you are probably talking about a big Breva and ours is the baby Breva (750) so none of this may apply.  I'll put up the pictures anyway so you can see what the Norge sidecase mounts look like on the bike.
You will also need the exhaust lowering kit when fitting the sidecases.  This is just a strip of metal with a hole on each end to let you hang the muffler so it doesn't touch the bag.  I am not familiar with the Big Breva so I don't know how your muffler will interfere.

Please pardon the states of disassembly.  Much motorcycle maintenance going on.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 11:27:46 PM by atavar »
2008 Norge - Black Wing Squadron

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here