Author Topic: 2008 California Vintage running problem  (Read 1852 times)

Offline wackertron

• New Egg
2008 California Vintage running problem
« on: April 16, 2017, 07:42:40 PM »
Hi there, I have a 2008 California Vintage that has serious problems!!

It is extremely difficult to start when cold, simply will not fire unless I turn it over for 30 seconds or so with a fat handful of throttle applied, then release throttle and hit start button and it starts fine but then dies as if fuel starvation. I have checked and been 3.0 bar at the tank output.
I would appreciate any help, I didn't have much hair to start with, but now!!

cheers wak

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
Re: 2008 California Vintage running problem
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 07:49:10 PM »
Have you checked the fuel line in the tank as there's has been issues with that fuel line going bad due to corn addition to our gasoline.

Offline antmanbee

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 08:11:05 PM »
I had the same problem on my calvin. The pump and filter and pressure valve are all located internally inside the tank. you need to remove the tank and there is an oval shaped plate where the fuel line attaches that needs to be unbolted and removed. It is a little difficult to maneuver and wiggle out the assembly.

You may be able to see if it is bad by removing the gas cap and turning on the key to the on position and see if you can see gas swirling around inside the tank with a flashlight. Swirling means a probable leak in the internal fuel hose.

When replacing it is important to only use hose that is made to be submersible. 

Offline geoff in almonte

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 04:38:19 PM »
While you are in there (fuel pump) replace the fuel filter with a metal one - available at MGCycle.

The plastic ones tend to collapse - see previous post on ethanol content in gas.

G
Midnight bugs taste best

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 04:38:19 PM »

Offline Sheepdog

• Gaggle Hero
  • 2007 Moto Guzzi California Vintage
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 08:02:41 AM »
Check with your mechanic the next time you take your Vintage to the shop...there have been multiple fuel map updates from Guzzi that may help your bike run better. Throttle position sensor adjustment and throttle-body synchronization matter, also...
"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." John C. Maxwell

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here