Author Topic: Griso frame  (Read 836 times)

Offline vstevens

• Gosling
Griso frame
« on: May 29, 2018, 08:11:33 AM »
Is the griso frame very different from other modern Guzzi?  How does it actually work differently from older frames like the loop and tonti, the V7 and Cali 1100, stelvio, breva, and 1400?  I think I recall reading here that it is a 'spine' frame, maybe not..  but what is it about Griso that seems to garner high praise... and especially from those more mechanically minded?

Yes, I've searched the forum but haven't found a satisfactory answer for my pea-brain

Vince

pete roper

Re: Griso frame
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 12:59:21 PM »
The Griso frame is essentially a very strong twin-spar perimeter beam design similar to many other modern motorbikes. Biggest difference compared to similar designs by other manufacturers is that the spars are made of tubular steel rather than aluminium.

The CARC series bikes are built on essentially four platforms with four frame types. Griso, Stelvio, Sport/Norge and Bellagio. The first three are all variations of the perimeter beam design, the Bellagio is more like a modernised Tonti frame without lower cradle rails.

The Griso frame may be inherently stiffer but the bike’s main handling superiority comes from its superior suspension, most particularly its forks.

The Spineframe was an entirely different design last used on the V11 series some 12 years ago.

Pete

Offline vstevens

• Gosling
Re: Griso frame
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 09:31:31 PM »
The Griso frame is essentially a very strong twin-spar perimeter beam design similar to many other modern motorbikes. Biggest difference compared to similar designs by other manufacturers is that the spars are made of tubular steel rather than aluminium.

The CARC series bikes are built on essentially four platforms with four frame types. Griso, Stelvio, Sport/Norge and Bellagio. The first three are all variations of the perimeter beam design, the Bellagio is more like a modernised Tonti frame without lower cradle rails.

The Griso frame may be inherently stiffer but the bike�s main handling superiority comes from its superior suspension, most particularly its forks.

The Spineframe was an entirely different design last used on the V11 series some 12 years ago.

Pete

Thank you, Pete!  Im not a mechanic but I do find the how and why of machines fascinating.  The Griso is so often praised on WG for its handling qualities I can't help but be curious about what makes it unique... besides the aesthetics. 

Guess I'm just gonna have to test ride one  :thumb:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 09:39:12 PM by vstevens »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here