Author Topic: Availability of Stelvio NTX parts?  (Read 925 times)

Offline Salishmoto

• New Egg
Availability of Stelvio NTX parts?
« on: July 23, 2021, 03:42:13 PM »
Hello All,
New member here looking at possibly getting a Stelvio NTX and am wondering especially about the availability of parts through AF1 and such. I had an Aprilia Caponord 1200 and so am familiar with AF1. Are OEM and aftermarket parts not impossible to find? Since it is out of production, can you still get a clutch plate? Are there aftermarket brake rotors? I'm a DIY person, which is good because my nearest dealership is crap and is 2 hours away.

Thanks!

Offline Bisbee

• Hatchling
Re: Availability of Stelvio NTX parts?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 04:53:00 PM »
For the most part, spares are available. Af1, Mg cycle, Harpers and a last resort- Stein Dinse of Germany. An excellent company to deal with. Of course, I have been waiting a month for a set of relays to carry as spares for long trips. Oh well, it’s Italian.
94 R100R Mystic , 92 K75S, 98 EV, 17 Stelvio NTX

Offline Kent in Upstate NY

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 05:31:11 PM »
look up Pyro Dan for relays. Cheap and fast.  http://dpguzzi.com/relay.htm
Correctional educators don't make the criminals you fear. We make the criminals you fear smarter.

Offline Salishmoto

• New Egg
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 08:11:20 PM »
For the most part, spares are available.

This is the part I fear about a Guzzi! I don't want to end up needing something that I can't get. I don't mind too much having to wait a month. But not getting it. When I had my Caponord I ended up needing a new head, don't ask, and they simply were no longer available. The Stelvio engine is much more solid than the Aprilia, but I worry about needing some common part that I can't get. At least the valves on the Stelvio are super easy to do!

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 08:11:20 PM »

Offline MotoG5

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 07:57:16 PM »
This is the part I fear about a Guzzi! I don't want to end up needing something that I can't get. I don't mind too much having to wait a month. But not getting it. When I had my Caponord I ended up needing a new head, don't ask, and they simply were no longer available. The Stelvio engine is much more solid than the Aprilia, but I worry about needing some common part that I can't get. At least the valves on the Stelvio are super easy to do!

No problems getting what you may need for the 8V motors. Plenty of them still on the road. If that is all you are worried about don't let this keep you from jumping in.
Nebraska MGNOC State Rep

Offline AH Fan

• Gaggle Mentor
  • small stable of Italian stuff
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 10:24:02 PM »
Well in MHO these machines have been dead reliable for long term travel for me so I personally would never hesitate in ownership even though they are unfortunately not building them to date.

Ciao

Offline HarveyMushman

• Gosling
    • Photo Galleries
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2021, 07:59:17 AM »
Hello All,
New member here looking at possibly getting a Stelvio NTX and am wondering especially about the availability of parts through AF1 and such. I had an Aprilia Caponord 1200 and so am familiar with AF1. Are OEM and aftermarket parts not impossible to find? Since it is out of production, can you still get a clutch plate? Are there aftermarket brake rotors? I'm a DIY person, which is good because my nearest dealership is crap and is 2 hours away.

Thanks!

Parts are easy to find.  Usually.  Sometimes you'll have to wait a few weeks, but usually not.  Even that is variable, depending on when you happen to order.  There are multiple good suppliers--AF1, MG Cycle, TLM in the Netherlands, etc. 

I have EBC rotors on mine.   
Tim

Offline coast range rider

• Hatchling
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2021, 11:51:18 AM »
look up Pyro Dan for relays. Cheap and fast.  http://dpguzzi.com/relay.htm
Pyro Dan web site says:
FREQUENTLY ASKED RELAY QUESTIONS

1.   Will your relays fit the Breva, Griso, Norge and other newer models?
No. The relays we supply fit only the spine frame Sport models and 1994+ Tonti frame models.
2017 Stelvio
2002 V11 LeMans

Offline Salishmoto

• New Egg
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2021, 05:07:08 PM »
Thanks again folks. I know this is no Honda Civic or Versys 650 but I didn't want to hear that you couldn't get basic stuff easily enough. I'm looking at a 13 that has the roller tappets and would be buying it and riding it 3,000 miles across the country. Yes, I love to travel. Bike has 15K and private owner says it is solid and good to go. Getting it home is one thing, and given my history I am unlikely to own it more than 3 years or 30,000 miles. This forum is a huge help in answering questions and I may be joining you all soon as an owner!

Offline ITSec

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2021, 10:25:42 AM »
Hello All,

Thanks!

Engine and trannie parts should be as easy to obtain as anything Italian. Aftermarket brake rotors and brake pads are readily available, I like EBCs. Body parts can be a long wait; my front fender replacement was quoted as 6-8 weeks, but actually came in 4-5.
ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here