Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1027866 times)

Offline tomasland

• New Egg
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #2760 on: March 06, 2019, 07:56:22 AM »
Hi everyone. I am new here!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 03:17:55 AM by tomasland »

oldbike54

« Reply #2761 on: March 06, 2019, 08:24:00 AM »
 Welcome folks .

Dusty

Offline JC85

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2762 on: March 11, 2019, 11:25:35 AM »
Hello all. I'm JC, located in Chanute, KS. I'm 33 and work as a welder with the Boilermaker's Union. I'm new to the forum, but not to Moto Guzzis. My dad bought a 74 Eldorado Police Model in 1976, and ran it for about 30 years. My mother had (I believe) an 80s model 850T with a sidecar, and my sister and I grew up touring all over the country with them, when we would take our family summer motorcycle trips. Some of my best memories are the open road and hitting all of the Moto Guzzi rallies we could. If any of you are in eastern KS, you may remember my dad's little shop in New Strawn, Sunflower Motorcycle. Anyways, after begging him never to get rid of it since I was 10 years old, he finally gave me his Eldorado, a couple of years ago. The first season was just getting it on the road (it had been in storage for about 10 years, so needed new fluids, battery, tires, etc.) and getting used to the bike. Last season, I did a bit of tuning and plenty of riding. Last weekend, I swapped out the old custom King/Queen double seat for a Cycle Garden solo seat and Harper's rear rack, added some new bags, and replaced the windshield top. Soon, I'll be retorquing the heads and a few other things, though that will wait until the next time my dad is around, so that he can guide me through it. I'll post more details and some pictures in the Restorations thread.

So there's my introduction. I hope everyone is having a good start to their week and look forward to some great discussions about these wonderful machines.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 11:27:24 AM by JC85 »
'74 Eldo Police Model
'07 CalVin

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2763 on: March 11, 2019, 12:46:18 PM »
Velkommen!  Single piece of advice.  "Rev' it!".  The engine doesn't like low rpm's.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #2763 on: March 11, 2019, 12:46:18 PM »

Offline JC85

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2764 on: March 11, 2019, 04:40:49 PM »
Velkommen!  Single piece of advice.  "Rev' it!".  The engine doesn't like low rpm's.

I learned this very quickly, when I first started riding her. It took a bit to get used to that and the slow, deliberate shifting these old Guzzis need. I had many a frustrating moment getting stuck between gears, before I figured out that you can't just rap up through the gears with quick clutching and shifting.
'74 Eldo Police Model
'07 CalVin

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2765 on: March 11, 2019, 05:55:49 PM »
 :thumb:  Y'all got it.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Ryan

• Gosling
« Reply #2766 on: March 11, 2019, 10:41:25 PM »
Howdy. My name is Ryan, and I am a returning member. I have not been active here or the V11 LeMans forum since I was forced to sell my beloved Tenni in order to keep our house. After a decade (!) without a Guzzi, I have purchased a 2016 Stelvio. It took about a minute on the test drive to confirm that a Moto Guzzi speaks to me. So, I am back. I live on the slopes of Mt. Hood in Oregon, am now 55, and work from home in customer support for a software company in the automotive sector.

Offline kevlevrone

• New Egg
« Reply #2767 on: March 13, 2019, 02:55:27 AM »
Hi everybody. I am new to this forum.

Offline gerryp

• Gosling
« Reply #2768 on: March 13, 2019, 03:29:34 AM »
Hi everybody. I am new to this forum.

Welcome aboard,  where are you located? What are you riding?

Gerry
2015 Guzzi V7 Stone - Gloss Red

Offline Indypikes

• New Egg
« Reply #2769 on: March 14, 2019, 01:27:11 AM »
Howdy. My name is Ryan, and I am a returning member. I have not been active here or the V11 LeMans forum since I was forced to sell my beloved Tenni in order to keep our house. After a decade (!) without a Guzzi, I have purchased a 2016 Stelvio. It took about a minute on the test drive to confirm that a Moto Guzzi speaks to me. So, I am back. I live on the slopes of Mt. Hood in Oregon, am now 55, and work from home in customer support for a software company in the automotive sector.

Hi Ryan and all. I am also a returning member that has been gone for a few years. I sold my 2007 Cal Vin in 2013 before moving back to Chicago and have missed it ever since. Glad to be back this Spring with a new 2016 Eldorado (Red) and can't wait to be back on a Guzzi. Enjoy the Stelvio Ryan and the great roads you have!

Scott (Chicago)
Sales Manager (Food Service Equipment and Supplies)
Age 56
Scott in Chicagoland

*2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
*2014 Honda CB1100
*2012 Kawasaki Versys 650
*2001 Triumph Bonneville
*1978 Honda CB400A Hondamatic

Offline Mads

• New Egg
« Reply #2770 on: March 16, 2019, 02:21:26 PM »
Good evening.
I´m Mads from Copenhagen, Denmark, Scandinavia. 52 years old, married, kids, work at the Royal Danish Academy of fine arts as a workshop technician. Toured for 20 years on my 1946 Nimbus all over Europe an North Africa. Met some Britons on V7ns in 1995 in the north of Spain and swore that one day I would get one of those big beautiful machines. Couple of odd bikes later I bought one. ´71 Special turned Ambo. Had it for six years now and absolutely love it! (So does my comfy wife, that never really got to pillion any of my specials..) Leaving for Sardinia in three weeks time, if I can get my head around the gearbox and all the other odds and ends I need to finish up before I go..
Pic is from the Distinguished Gentleman´s Ride a couple of years ago,- hard to hold that pose for long..
Others are my specials.
Best Regards
Mads

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #2771 on: March 18, 2019, 02:11:35 AM »
Nimbus as well as Guzzi!!!  You must truly be one of a kind. :thumb:

Welcome Mads.
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline Mads

• New Egg
« Reply #2772 on: March 18, 2019, 12:41:47 PM »
Well, some motorcycles are an aquired taste..
And some companions as well..

Offline Harryc

• New Egg
« Reply #2773 on: March 20, 2019, 08:20:24 AM »
Hi.
My name is Harry. Proud owner of a new-to-me V7ii. Coming back to riding after 30 years on four wheels.
Engineer in my fifties. Located in Brisbane Australia.

Offline jjoking

• New Egg
« Reply #2774 on: March 24, 2019, 11:28:30 AM »
Hey 👋
New member to group here
Jamie King
Age 68
Longtime Guzzi owner, several fine steeds owned
Over the past 40 yrs. Current Moto Guzzi owned
1976 Convert with 9,000 original miles
It’s been sitting in a museum for most of the past 40
Yrs. last registered/inspected in 1980.
My 2nd Convert, always regretted selling the first one back in 1985. Anyway, back to the gentlemanly Convert ride for me at my age of slowing things down!
Thanks for the opportunity to share on your forum
jjoking

Offline Zoom Zoom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2775 on: March 31, 2019, 09:41:23 AM »
That is a nice looking Convert! Welcome to Wildguzzi.

John Henry

Offline Rui

• New Egg
« Reply #2776 on: March 31, 2019, 09:46:39 AM »
Rui
Portugal
Yesterday got a V7 iii stok with 1500km.
Looking forward. Firts impressions: Temperamental it "makes" you push it yet keeps it civilized if that makes any sense.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2777 on: March 31, 2019, 03:16:03 PM »
Bem Vindo!  Bien Venue!  Welkommen!

Offline Different Spokes TV

• New Egg
    • Different Spokes TV YouTube Channel
« Reply #2778 on: April 01, 2019, 08:54:20 AM »
My name is Pat. I'm a teacher and YouTuber who just purchased a 2014 Stelvio NTX. YouTubed my first two rides here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kidxnQexwjY&t=636s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=788v2akG2r8&t=586s

Come along for the ride. :laugh:

Offline KiwiBiker

• New Egg
« Reply #2779 on: April 03, 2019, 03:50:42 PM »
Hey all,

My name is Nick
56 from Rotorua NZ
General Manager of a roll forming machinery manufacturing company
Interests are Motorcycles (mainly Italian), Guitar and fitness.

Returned biker in 2006 from a young age.
Had a few bikes along the way but currently have
2003 Ducati ST4s from almost new (700km)
2003 Moto Guzzi V11 Cafe Sport just purchased.

Always wanted a guzzi

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2780 on: April 03, 2019, 06:34:44 PM »
 :thumb:

Offline motormike131

• New Egg
    • wildguzzi
« Reply #2781 on: April 05, 2019, 12:41:24 PM »
    Question ?     Started the bike for the first time and major oil leak. The PO installed aftermarket amp-oil guages The plastic line to the oil gauge broke.  I pulled the oil line sending unit and replaced it with a stock electrical unit but did not wire it in.  Changed the oil... next time I started the bike.. the oil light came on and reminds on.   ?
1929 Motobecane, 70' Xs650, 75' Xs650 Police, 50' Alycon (fire) 51' & 52' Terrot (police) 52' Peugeot (M/police), 65 Tri 650, 68' Cb450P (police).70' 450 Ducati, 75' Condor, 71' Ambassador, 62' Cushman, 82' Cx500P trike (police) 06 Helix, 10' Enfield w/sidecar, 42' Harley flattie, 1 wife

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2782 on: April 05, 2019, 12:47:32 PM »
It's a pressure switch.  Needs to hooked up electrically to kill the light.  Some else can explain.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 02:26:09 PM by Tom »

Offline christof

• New Egg
« Reply #2783 on: April 05, 2019, 02:22:30 PM »
Hi! Retired after 37 years with US Forest Service. Cancer survivor (4 years). Guzzi ride is a 2010 V7 Classic; other ride is a 2018 Indian Scout Bobber. 14 years volunteering with Trees Atlanta to plant, maintain, and conserve trees and green space in an urban setting. Married with three grown children, one grandchild, two Cocker spaniels, and four cats.

Offline mhershon

• Gosling
« Reply #2784 on: April 07, 2019, 08:33:23 PM »
Hi, my name is Maynard Hershon. I live in Denver. I'm 77. I write a column for Motorcycle Sport and Leisure magazine in the UK. I wrote for CityBike magazine out of San Francisco for 30-plus years until the paper edition folded, sorry to say. I am buying Cam Conklin's V7 Special. I'm flying to Philadelphia and taking a bus to Atlantic City, where Cam will pick me up and take me to his house and my new bike. After we take a look at the OE parts he's replaced on the bike to see if I want them, he'll show me where the ignition key goes and tell me how to wiggle my foot to change the gears. I'm going to ride the V7 back to Denver via Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway and perhaps the Cherohala Skyway and visit Bristol VA, where the earliest country music records were made. I plan to see friends in Ohio and Kansas on my way home. I bought my last Guzzi from Ed Brooks in San Jose in 1972, if memory serves. Probably time for another one, huh?

oldbike54

« Reply #2785 on: April 07, 2019, 09:10:11 PM »
 Lots of interesting new members  :thumb:

Hey Maynard , when are you coming thru Kansas ?

Dusty

Offline mhershon

• Gosling
« Reply #2786 on: April 09, 2019, 01:56:18 PM »
Lots of interesting new members  :thumb:

Hey Maynard , when are you coming thru Kansas ?

Dusty

Dusty, I'm picking up my new bike on May third on the Jersey shore. I'm gonna ride two or maybe three famous parkways and scenic drives in the east, then I'm going to visit friends in Ohio and my family in Indianapolis. Gotta take maybe five days for the above. So I'll be leaving Indianapolis around the 8th or 9th, I think, and thinking about visiting my friends from the Four Stroke Singles Nat'l Owners Club in Hutchinson, KS. Where are you in KS? And, Dusty, thanks for asking!
Maynard

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #2787 on: April 09, 2019, 10:18:52 PM »
Dusty, I'm picking up my new bike on May third on the Jersey shore. I'm gonna ride two or maybe three famous parkways and scenic drives in the east, then I'm going to visit friends in Ohio and my family in Indianapolis. Gotta take maybe five days for the above. So I'll be leaving Indianapolis around the 8th or 9th, I think, and thinking about visiting my friends from the Four Stroke Singles Nat'l Owners Club in Hutchinson, KS. Where are you in KS? And, Dusty, thanks for asking!
Maynard

Fly 'n Ride.  Gotta be good! :thumb:

Welcome aboard.
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

oldbike54

« Reply #2788 on: April 09, 2019, 10:53:56 PM »
 You are welcome Maynard . Let us know what your plans are , sent you a PM .

Dusty

Offline Seta

• New Egg
« Reply #2789 on: April 12, 2019, 09:57:31 PM »
Hi Everyone!
Luap thanks for the Add!

Simon Arena
San Francisco Bay Area
Marketing Procurement Biopharma
Motorcycle: 2017 MGX-21
Hobbies?  :bike-037: Motorcycles, building my Rock Crawler Jeep, trails and more trails camping etc.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here