Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1027682 times)

Offline tmotorguzzi

• New Egg
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #2790 on: April 13, 2019, 05:10:14 AM »
3rd guzzi,and glad to get back on one,sure missed the feel of this exotic ride on my new mgx-21 flying fortress! Tom Guzzi from Vineland N.J. Also ride a 2017 Indian Springfield, Hi All!

« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 05:20:33 AM by tmotorguzzi »

Offline RichP8

• New Egg
  • "De Oppresso Liber"
« Reply #2791 on: April 15, 2019, 11:19:53 AM »
Hello all...!  Just picked up my first Guzzi...new 2016 Eldorado.  Just got the windscreen and crash bars on her yesterday...and have been able to get a few miles on her...very sweet and impressive, I must say.  I've been riding for quite a while and owned a lot of bikes, but something about this Eldorado is very unique and satisfying.  Hope to meet some of you on the road...I split my time between Central Virginia (Culpeper area) and a farm in the Tidewater area of NC...ride safe.

Rich
Rich

2017 Kawasaki KLR 650
2016 MG Eldorado
2019 BMW Grand America
2007 HD Road King
2004 Triumph Bonneville
1978 BMW R100S
1977 BMW R60/7
1974 Honda XL 250
...and now 2 Honda 70cc bikes to teach the "grands" to ride

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2792 on: April 15, 2019, 05:25:45 PM »
Welcome!  Your bike is a good ride in the mtn.   :thumb:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2793 on: April 16, 2019, 09:43:00 PM »
3rd guzzi,and glad to get back on one,sure missed the feel of this exotic ride on my new mgx-21 flying fortress! Tom Guzzi from Vineland N.J. Also ride a 2017 Indian Springfield, Hi All!

Hey Tom, check out our local Jersey forum.  Small but dedicated group.  Hope to see you out and about.

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Cam
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #2793 on: April 16, 2019, 09:43:00 PM »

Offline RichP8

• New Egg
  • "De Oppresso Liber"
« Reply #2794 on: April 17, 2019, 11:49:06 AM »
Welcome!  Your bike is a good ride in the mtn.   :thumb:

Thanks much!...so I've heard...I hope to find out for myself pretty soon...

Rich

2017 Kawasaki KLR 650
2016 MG Eldorado
2019 BMW Grand America
2007 HD Road King
2004 Triumph Bonneville
1978 BMW R100S
1977 BMW R60/7
1974 Honda XL 250
...and now 2 Honda 70cc bikes to teach the "grands" to ride

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2795 on: April 17, 2019, 01:11:13 PM »
The 16" wheels and tires make the bike handle really well in hairpin mtn. passes.  Sweepers and straights will get boring.  :grin:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline firstdegree

• New Egg
« Reply #2796 on: April 24, 2019, 09:41:51 PM »
New member (although I’ve been lurking for a while). I live in Darwin which is in oz. Retired now and have owned about 15 different motorcycles since I first started riding when I was seventeen. My latest is a 2017 V7III Stone bought new in August last year and my first ever Guzzi.

Why a Guzzi? I guess because my boy-racer days are long gone and now I just want to smell the roses. Having said that, the V7 has impressed me immensely! Just back from a 12 day trip on the best motorcycle roads oz has to offer and she performed like a dream. A roads or B roads, rain or shine, she has taken everything this old bloke can throw at her and come back for more. The stock Pirellis have performed flawlessly wet or dry and heaved over in some really demanding conditions.

Only mods are the Dart fly-screen (love it) and Mistral pipes. I might also look at getting the in-tank fuel filter changed at the next service. My mate has a slightly customised 2017 Special (see pic below with ash grey tank and racer side covers) and had the dreaded she-no-go in the middle of nowhere. Luckily, he was able to get the blown filter replaced under warranty by Piaggio in oz.

Love your work, keep the forum rolling.

Online frozengoose

• To eaches his onus...
  • Gosling
    • smiles from nowhere
  • Location: Just a little ways past Fairbanks, Alaska on the locally world famous Chena Hot Springs Road
« Reply #2797 on: May 01, 2019, 12:22:48 AM »
Just found your forum so joined up to find out what's going on in the Guzzi world. I live in Alaska (Fairbanks) for forty years, so don't get outside much to interact with other like minded folks. There's three other Guzzi's (or Mogu's as they're listed on the registration) in town that I know of, but we've only managed one ride in the last five years or so. Anyways, I'm retired, live in a log cabin about fifteen miles from town, and train sled dogs in the winter. I started riding on a 500 BSA single at nineteen, then had a couple of 650's, and then a Triumph Bonneville, which I still have. Got an 850T almost thirty years ago and it changed my whole view of motorcycling. No longer do I spend more time working on the bike than riding, like I often had to do with the British bikes. Got a 650SP about fifteen years ago for the wife but she didn't like it. so it's my alternate ride. It's a lot more Triumph-like, so appeals to that side of my riding experience. There's lots of gravel roads around here and the 650 is way better for that. So that's me, I guess. Here's some photo's.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 12:24:29 PM by frozengoose »
Big Jon

Two old Guzzi's (V65 & T), 250E CZ, and 6 happy huskies.

Well, I've got a baby, she's a bad motorcycle
Brrooom-pa-pa-pa, pa-pa-pa-pa-paw
When we ride together, all through the night
She's got a real wild machine and it's out of sight
She goes brrooom-pa-pa-pa, paw-paw, motorcycle
Jerry Zee

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2798 on: May 01, 2019, 04:46:02 PM »
Welcome!  Do you know of the Thibideaux brothers?  I agree with the 650 filling like a Triumph.  I have a V50 with a SP 650 drivetrain transplant in it.  Dead now but it does have the feel of a Triumph.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 04:56:43 PM by Tom »

Online frozengoose

• To eaches his onus...
  • Gosling
    • smiles from nowhere
  • Location: Just a little ways past Fairbanks, Alaska on the locally world famous Chena Hot Springs Road
« Reply #2799 on: May 01, 2019, 06:34:15 PM »
Thanks Tom. Don't know them but did know the Lomas brothers. They were Triumph/Harley riders and moved outside a while back. So get that v50/650 going. Too much fun to sit for long!

Big Jon

Jerry Zee

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2800 on: May 01, 2019, 07:11:59 PM »
The engine needs a crankshaft.  Not sure if I want to rebuild it.  I have other MG's that need to get on the road first. :shocked:

Online frozengoose

• To eaches his onus...
  • Gosling
    • smiles from nowhere
« Reply #2801 on: May 01, 2019, 09:12:01 PM »
Know what you mean, sounds like my old Triumph, waiting for the big restoration, but some other project always has priority. Maybe next year!
Big Jon

Jerry Zee

motorcop

« Reply #2802 on: May 07, 2019, 09:23:55 AM »
Hello all
 My name is Chuck. I am a motorcycle officer for a suburb of Detroit. Long time BMW GS owner and a fairly new Cali 1400 Touring owner.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2803 on: May 07, 2019, 01:48:08 PM »
Welcome Chuck!   Would love to hear on your reasoning for getting the Cal 1400 Touring.  How is it?  A comparison to your GS etc.

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2804 on: May 08, 2019, 07:16:17 AM »
Alex, 35, Wilkes-Barre, PA
New rider, I've been thinking about it for a little while and found a great deal on a 2017 V7 iii stone and dove in.  Loving it so far!

Congrats, and welcome. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline Vince Klorto

• New Egg
  • Helllo Dave...
« Reply #2805 on: May 08, 2019, 03:20:49 PM »
Hi there,

I want to greet everyone here being the owner of a Breva V1100.  :thumb:

100000 km only since April '06. So far so good.

Tuned with :

- Mistral muffler and crossover
- Hyperpro fork springs (1200 Sport model)
- EMC (French brand) Sportshock 1 rear shock (with hydraulic prelod adjuster)
- Mandello Module (Magnumtuning module indeed)
- K&N Air filter
- Durite horn (0-642-17 model)
- NGK plug caps (TB05EM-R model) for fun !
- Pro Taper Contour Mini High Handlebar and 1200 Sport 2V risers

V.K. from France.  :wink:

:cool:

motorcop

« Reply #2806 on: May 08, 2019, 08:14:25 PM »
Welcome Chuck!   Would love to hear on your reasoning for getting the Cal 1400 Touring.  How is it?  A comparison to your GS etc.

The GS Adventure is quite the motorcycle. It does everything well. I use it for commuting and touring with a couple of track days a year. The passenger seat to passenger pegs dimensions are not comfortable for any long distance for my wife. But it is extremely reliable and well built.

Being a huge fan of the Guzzi, especially of the the LAPD era, I first saw the Cali 14 down in Murfreesboro, TN on a bike trip. I just fell for the looks of the bike.  The flowing lines and the curves. The Guzzi is well built with a very nice build quality. But it is definitely a different animal. It can't be ridden as aggressive as the GS, as parts start dragging. The maintenance is easier to do on the Guzzi, except for rear tire changes and final drive oil. But passenger comfort is greatly improved. It is a very nice, smooth riding bike with lots of power. The only complaint I really have is separate keys for the ignition and the bags.

Being a motor officer, I am tempted to try the Guzzi thru the qualification course, as it turns lock to lock pretty easy without a lot of force. My duty bike is the BMW RT. Our dept started on the HD in the late 1990's but switched in 2008.

Offline Milosh

• Hatchling
« Reply #2807 on: May 09, 2019, 07:58:33 AM »
Hello there!

My name is Michael and I am a bicycle mechanic in Durham, NC.

I just put a deposit down on a v9 Bobber from Enzo at Cadre Cycles. I'll be taking a trip with it up to see some historic Revolutionary War battlefields in NY, so I'll probably stop and get the first service done along the way. Any advice is welcome.
___________________ ___________________ __
“An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered; an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered.” – G.K. Chesterton

Offline JC85

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2808 on: May 12, 2019, 07:22:21 PM »
Hello there!

I just put a deposit down on a v9 Bobber from Enzo at Cadre Cycles. I'll be taking a trip with it up to see some historic Revolutionary War battlefields in NY, so I'll probably stop and get the first service done along the way. Any advice is welcome.

Welcome, Michael! This board is an amazing resource for information, advice, technical tips, and meeting good Guzzi folk. I'll leave the tips and advice to someone else, since I dont know much of anything about your bike. I would also recommend posting in the general discussion section. That's where technical advice and tips questions are usually posted, and a posting there will get a lot more attention that it will, here.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 07:45:46 PM by JC85 »
'74 Eldo Police Model
'07 CalVin

Online jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #2809 on: May 12, 2019, 10:50:24 PM »
Hello there!

Welcome to the group.  I'd like to suggest that, if you have the time, swing south during your trip if you have any interest in Civil War history/battlegrounds as well as Revolutionary War ones.  Gettysburg, Manassas and Antietam are all within a couple of hours of each other and not far west of Washington, DC, and could be done without adding more than a couple of days to your trip.  Harpers Ferry, WV (of John Brown's raid prior to the start of the Civil War) is also in the general vicinity and is worth a visit, too, if you have the time.
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

Offline bruceride

• New Egg
« Reply #2810 on: May 15, 2019, 12:42:28 PM »
Hi All,

Bruce Ridenour here from South East Ohio. 

Father, fisherman and motorcyclist. 

Offline JC85

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2811 on: May 15, 2019, 01:25:36 PM »
Hi All,

Bruce Ridenour here from South East Ohio. 

Father, fisherman and motorcyclist.

Welcome to the group, Bruce. We have a member, John Henry (Zoom Zoom,) who lives up that way. You two should touch base and see about getting together for some road time.
'74 Eldo Police Model
'07 CalVin

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2812 on: May 15, 2019, 01:58:40 PM »
John's over Cleveland way.  Amish country.

Offline JC85

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2813 on: May 15, 2019, 05:01:38 PM »
John's over Cleveland way.  Amish country.

Ahhhhhh, that's right.
'74 Eldo Police Model
'07 CalVin

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2814 on: May 15, 2019, 05:26:18 PM »
However their breakfast meet might be something to shoot for.  :thumb:

Offline Red

• New Egg
« Reply #2815 on: May 15, 2019, 06:14:22 PM »
Harley Nemzer (yes, I am a 1951 Panhead!)
68 semi retired.  New York State Certified Motorcycle Instructor.
My hobby is wearing out motorcycle tires.

72 XS 650 Original Owner
76 XLCH Sportster
14 Road King
16 Street Triple R
17 Bonneville T100
17 Moto Guzzi Roamer

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2816 on: May 15, 2019, 08:35:02 PM »
I like your hobby.  :thumb:  :grin:

Offline qman

• New Egg
« Reply #2817 on: May 16, 2019, 05:02:07 PM »
  Hello All,   I've been riding Guzzis since I was 24. My first was a 78 T3 back in 1980. Remember 1980?  My present stable includes a 76 T3, A 90 Cali 3 full faring, a 04 Coppa pushing 103 ponies, and a 80 CM400 Hondamatic.  Its been a lousy spring here in New England and I've gotten in too little air time. Looking forward to better, drier weather as I'm sure we're all hoping for. I am looking forward to enjoying the posts and information exchanged on this forum. Bless everyone and have a safe, fast riding season.     Sincerely,  qman
If I had known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself !  COGITO, ERGO ZOOM !

Offline gerryp

• Gosling
« Reply #2818 on: May 16, 2019, 05:19:02 PM »
  Hello All,   I've been riding Guzzis since I was 24. My first was a 78 T3 back in 1980. Remember 1980?  My present stable includes a 76 T3, A 90 Cali 3 full faring, a 04 Coppa pushing 103 ponies, and a 80 CM400 Hondamatic.  Its been a lousy spring here in New England and I've gotten in too little air time. Looking forward to better, drier weather as I'm sure we're all hoping for. I am looking forward to enjoying the posts and information exchanged on this forum. Bless everyone and have a safe, fast riding season.     Sincerely,  qman

Gman,

Welcome from Guilford, CT.

Gerry
2015 Guzzi V7 Stone - Gloss Red

Offline mylovelyhorse

• New Egg
« Reply #2819 on: May 19, 2019, 02:30:21 AM »
My name is Mike. I have a new to me 2007 Norge with 59k miles on the clock. I am an ‘IT Manager’ (that covers a multitude of sins) & I live near Portsmouth on the English south coast.

I am currently half way through (at least I hope I’m half way through) what started as curing an oil leak and now seems to be a major job...

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here