Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1027687 times)

Offline bcarnage

• New Egg
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #2820 on: May 20, 2019, 11:43:42 PM »
Hello I'm Brent, I have  a 2016 Audace and 2007 Triumph Speedmaster.  I have had my Audace since April last year. I bought it new as a left over. It's a fantastic machine.

Live in Portland, Oregon

Take Care.

Offline doctoriz

• New Egg
« Reply #2821 on: May 24, 2019, 03:45:01 PM »
Hi everyone!

My name is Jon Izbicki.
Physician
Married
3-children.
What I ride: 2009 Moto Guzzi Griso.
Hobbies: motorcycles, playing guitar, Doctor Who, woodworking, and an avid DYI'r.

I will need some help with a problem that I am having with my guzzi, but I need to find out if there is already a thread started somewhere about exhaust problems, specifically, cherry red muffler baffle that just happened. Looking forward to some thoughts!

Cheers,
Jon (doctoriz)

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2822 on: May 24, 2019, 09:15:23 PM »
Sounds too lean.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2823 on: May 25, 2019, 03:35:11 PM »
Sounds too rich.  :grin:
I'm betting unburned fuel has torched the catalytic converter.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #2823 on: May 25, 2019, 03:35:11 PM »

Offline wolfeguitars

• Jay Wolfe
  • New Egg
    • Wolfe Guitars
« Reply #2824 on: May 25, 2019, 04:15:33 PM »
Jay Wolfe, Jupiter, Florida USA
owner, operator Wolfe Guitars www.wolfeguitars.co m

1998 Triumph T-Bird Sport
2002 Guzzi California EV 100 80th Anniversary w/ Verlorex sidecar
I ride to work, ride to eat, ride to nowhere for nothing.
* Moto Guzzi 2002 California 1100EV w/ Sidecar
* Ducati 1990 851
* Ducati 1993 900 Supersport

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2825 on: May 25, 2019, 04:21:21 PM »
Sounds too rich.  :grin:
I'm betting unburned fuel has torched the catalytic converter.

Yeah.....and I could be full of it.  :grin: :grin:  Real way to find out is to pull the plugs and take a look but he did say muffler baffle which is further down the line from the cat.   :grin:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Fra79

• New Egg
« Reply #2826 on: May 27, 2019, 02:44:21 PM »
Hi,
I'm Francesco from Italy, I'm a proud owner of a Airone 250 turismo, now looking for a V7 III.
Ciao!
Francesco

oldbike54

« Reply #2827 on: May 27, 2019, 05:46:59 PM »
Hi,
I'm Francesco from Italy, I'm a proud owner of a Airone 250 turismo, now looking for a V7 III.
Ciao!
Francesco

Hello Francesco

Start a picture and description thread in General Discussion featuring your motorbike . Thanks

Dusty

oldbike54

« Reply #2828 on: May 27, 2019, 05:48:54 PM »
Hi everyone!

My name is Jon Izbicki.
Physician
Married
3-children.
What I ride: 2009 Moto Guzzi Griso.
Hobbies: motorcycles, playing guitar, Doctor Who, woodworking, and an avid DYI'r.

I will need some help with a problem that I am having with my guzzi, but I need to find out if there is already a thread started somewhere about exhaust problems, specifically, cherry red muffler baffle that just happened. Looking forward to some thoughts!

Cheers,
Jon (doctoriz)

Sounds like fuel burning in the cats .

Dusty

Offline guzzi-attle

• New Egg
« Reply #2829 on: June 02, 2019, 03:27:30 PM »
Hey Y'all, My name is Drew and I live here in Seattle,WA. USA.
I am a Social Worker by trade and work as a Child and Adolescent Therapist.
I am married and have three teenaged children.
In the garage I have a 2017 V7iii Special (blu zaffiro) and a 1981 Suzuki GS450L. My Cages: 2014 Mazda CX9 and 2016 Nissan Leaf.
My hobbies include travel, golf, cooking, and reading.

Offline Cdn850T5NT

• Cdn850T5NT
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2830 on: June 03, 2019, 10:23:54 PM »
Hi I'm John, I live in Vancouver, BC Canada.  I have a 1985 850T5 NT (as you can see by my "handle").  (NT stands for "Nuovo Telaio" - new frame.... with the 210mm tall steering / fork head - if memory serves).  I have not had it on the road for some 10 or so years (I know, SHAME!).

Bought it new in the box, a brand new 1985 (literally, in the box, partially knocked-down) in October of 1993.  From a former importer of Guzzi's for Canada (in a suburb of Montreal).  He unfortunately ran afoul of Transport Canada (my bike is a Euro spec bike).

Was in wonderful condition (totally undamaged, corrosion-free) but there were many things to "fix" on the bike, including throttle, one of the carbs, clutch throw-out bearing (Torington-type bearing), etc, etc. In that era Guzzi did 90% of the engineering, and left the remaining 10% for the enterprising and patient owner.  Good job I like projects and things of a really mechanical nature.  'Lotsa fun!

Runs (or rather, RAN) quite well.  Visually, in pristine condition.  Only 6500 km.

T5's, as folks would know, were part of the DeTomaso era...  In Italian, it could be considered "bruttina" (a funny way of saying... a bit ugly, homely) - as the design aesthetics... all around, well, were questionable (and an 80's interpretation of sporty - by the Italians).

But she's mine, I love her, and I'll have her for life :) .

Wind protection is not as bad as one would think.  No buffetting.  Does tire one's shoulders, though.  Helmet totally in the windstream... but in clear wind.  With the 16" frt hoop, it demands the right tread pattern for especially the frt wheel...  but also the back.  I want to get Continental TKV 11 and 12.

And now I have to go thru her, stem to gudgeon pin, to bring her back to life.  One strategic thing I did is I bought the unobtainium trapezoidal reservoir front master cylinder PS-12 piston / seals / spring kit... and, in fact also a whole new master with reservoir.  Of course, more or less NLA now.

See pix, attached.  Please, no comments re the degree of security with which the helmet is being carried on the bike.  I was younger, then... and.....  Actually, nothing amiss occurred.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 10:52:36 PM by Cdn850T5NT »
1985 Eurospec 850 T5 NT (Nuovo Tipo - New Type... i.e. Series III)

Offline Neogas

• New Egg
« Reply #2831 on: June 04, 2019, 04:11:43 AM »
Nice to meet you all!

I am James btw

Born in the UK but living in Switzerland and soon to be 48!! I work for a large American corporation as a commercial director.

I own a Guzzi V9 Roamer after owning Hondas in the 80’s and 90’s. Returned to biking last year after relocating to Switzerland where the roads and weather were demanding my return to two wheels.

Best regards!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.............

Offline briguy33

• New Egg
« Reply #2832 on: June 04, 2019, 09:52:06 PM »

Hello Everyone!

I'm Brian and I am new...

New forum member
New rider
New 2015 (maybe 2014) Moto Guzzi V7 Stone owner

I am 47, live in Sacramento, California USA and I am the owner and Creative Director for a web and graphic design firm ( https://jointmedias.com )

Can't wait to dive into the archives here as I already have questions :)

Offline PELA

• New Egg
« Reply #2833 on: June 05, 2019, 12:30:44 PM »
Hello from the north of Spain.
I just made a query and ...
I have not submitted.
Owner a NEVADA 750 IE of the year 2006. 50 years younger than me. I hope you do not throw me. :grin:
My English is so bad that I only dare to agree with the google translator.
I know something about CNC machines (FAGOR Controls) and very little about motorcycles.
My first Guzzi was a 65 cc with change in the deposit. The 70s  :rolleyes: and now I take them back.

Offline RipRoarin

• New Egg
« Reply #2834 on: June 06, 2019, 11:36:55 AM »
Hello!

My name is Pat Grandt

35 years old from Oakland, CA

Riding and Maintenance, Woodworking, Gardening, Sailing, DIY anything really

Recent owner of a 2000 MG Jackal that runs on one cylinder if I bring it up past 80 mph. Looking forward to you all helping me with that ;)

Somewhat longer owner of a 1981 Honda CB750c. Love my first bike but stoked about the upgrade :)

Medical Device Engineer because one needs a job.

oldbike54

« Reply #2835 on: June 06, 2019, 02:26:39 PM »
Hello!

My name is Pat Grandt

35 years old from Oakland, CA

Riding and Maintenance, Woodworking, Gardening, Sailing, DIY anything really

Recent owner of a 2000 MG Jackal that runs on one cylinder if I bring it up past 80 mph. Looking forward to you all helping me with that ;)

Somewhat longer owner of a 1981 Honda CB750c. Love my first bike but stoked about the upgrade :)

Medical Device Engineer because one needs a job.

Hi Pat .

Start a thread in general discussion re the problem , you'll receive lots of answers , and some of them will be right  :laugh:

Dusty

Offline stimpoff

• New Egg
« Reply #2836 on: June 06, 2019, 05:30:24 PM »
Hallo,

I am David, 40y old, married with one daugter and live in Czech Republic.
Riding brand new V7 III stone which is my 4th bike.
Working as inovation manager, I am hobbyist with proffesional technical background in DIY electronics, mechanics and home improvements.

Online frozengoose

• To eaches his onus...
  • Gosling
    • smiles from nowhere
  • Location: Just a little ways past Fairbanks, Alaska on the locally world famous Chena Hot Springs Road
« Reply #2837 on: June 07, 2019, 01:06:22 AM »
Hallo,

I am David, 40y old, married with one daugter and live in Czech Republic.
Riding brand new V7 III stone which is my 4th bike.
Working as inovation manager, I am hobbyist with proffesional technical background in DIY electronics, mechanics and home improvements.

Hi David,
I'm fairly new here myself, just wanted to say jak se mas, or however it's spelled, how are you. I'm a third generation Czech on my father's side. Grew up in a Czech neighborhood in Chicago, so almost a countryman. Living in Alaska now, have been riding Guzzi's for 30 years, but just found this forum. Lot's of good stuff here, so enjoy.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 01:12:10 AM by frozengoose »
Big Jon

Two old Guzzi's (V65 & T), 250E CZ, and 6 happy huskies.

Well, I've got a baby, she's a bad motorcycle
Brrooom-pa-pa-pa, pa-pa-pa-pa-paw
When we ride together, all through the night
She's got a real wild machine and it's out of sight
She goes brrooom-pa-pa-pa, paw-paw, motorcycle
Jerry Zee

Online Pescatore

• Gosling
« Reply #2838 on: June 07, 2019, 06:03:10 PM »
Hello Guzzisti,
I have been lurking around a few forums for the last few months and I am really impressed with the information I was able to find on this forum.  So, I decided to join, also having been nudged
by a current member.
My nickname is Pescatore, originally from Fiumicino (Rome airport), and have been designing analog electronics for the last 30 years in the Boston area.
I have been following my father's adventures with his 1991 Sessantacinque GT from a distance.  It was a workhorse for him and drove it everywhere in Italy.   I inherited the bike and decided to
import it to the US of A ('Mereca, as written in some posts here).

My father did all the repairs himself, having worked on airplanes for Alitalia all his career.  So, I want to continue the tradition.
In the 70s I used to constantly modify my Gilera GR1 and lately I have dabbled with a 1980 CM400T (won't mention the "H" word), so I am not totally clueless, but I realize that I need to seriously
bone up on Guzzi knowledge.  My copy of Guzziology (version 9) is in the mail and I found a couple Italian books that seem interesting.

I have been working on the bike all winter, since it had been sitting for a few years.  Many cosmetic repairs, switches, blinkers, tail light, some cables.  New tires&bushings, battery, air&oil filters,
gearbox oil and cleaned out the sump and the gas tank (yuuuuk!).  I haven't changed the final drive oil, cuz I'm not sure what to use.  The manual calls for a mix with Moly and I am learning about
hypoid oils.
The bike has about 21k miles and has been in a couple of accidents, so there are some dings and rust that I will fix over time.
I got it running, registered it and I put about 100 'Mereca miles.  The speedometer kinda drives me crazy, but I'm getting used to the mental Km/Mile conversion.

I was very excited to have the bike ready just in time for summer, but unfortunately it developed two problems.
The first problem is that after it warms up, it idles at 4000 rpm.  The rpms go down if I apply a bit of choke.  I think the problem is a visibly cracked valve breather hose.  Waiting for the replacement.
The second and more serious problem is that the gearbox will not shift beyond 2nd gear.  Only 1st, 2nd or neutral.

I need to organize my garage and I hope to start a post on taking out the gearbox.  I don't have the guts to open it, nor the tools to crack the clutch nuts.  I am hoping to save
a few bucks by doing what I can and have the local dealer rebuild it.  The bike needs more work, but I don't want it to sit all summer.  So... I want to make it functional for now and next winter
take it apart again to do some painting and electrical work (the original electronic ignition is unplugged, seems my father went mechanical).

Sorry for the lengthy post and thanks for reading,
Pescatore

« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 06:06:48 PM by Pescatore »
2008 Norge 1200
1991 V65GT
1980 CM400T
MGNOC Member
Ascolta sempre e solo musica vera
E cerca sempre se puoi di capire

Online kidsmoke

• Gaggle Hero
  • It's never too late to be what you might have been
« Reply #2839 on: June 08, 2019, 11:48:09 AM »
Jay Wolfe, Jupiter, Florida USA
owner, operator Wolfe Guitars www.wolfeguitars.co m

1998 Triumph T-Bird Sport
2002 Guzzi California EV 100 80th Anniversary w/ Verlorex sidecar

Jay!! glad you found us. Same kidsmoke from the Heritage forum. Cheers. Beautiful bike!
'79 G5
'93 1000S
'00 Jackal
'09 GRiSO

Offline tumuli stump jumper

• New Egg
« Reply #2840 on: June 11, 2019, 12:18:43 PM »
Hi all. Glad to have access to this fantastic resource. I'm 62, living in rural Wisconsin. Grew up riding Honda's and still have a couple from back in the day. Bought my first Guzz in 2010, a 72 Eldorado that I put a lot of work into only to have it go up in flames a year later.  Loved that bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFRqS_Jw3CU
I bought my 2001 EV in 2011.

Steve in western Wisconsin
01 EV 1100
72 Eldorado (deceased, resurrection in progress) 
82 Honda CX500
51 Indian Brave

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2841 on: June 12, 2019, 03:17:36 PM »
Congrats on surviving.  Looks like most of the bike could have been salvageable.  Bad fuel leak on the lines?  The EV is a great bike too.  :thumb:

Offline tumuli stump jumper

• New Egg
« Reply #2842 on: June 14, 2019, 08:08:17 AM »

Not sure but it might have fired while the intake valve was still open and that blew back into the carbs blowing a fuel line off or causing it to leak?... I just heard a pop and then a hiss and then flames between my legs. Yikes!  The carbs were completely melted and the gas tank and the whole front end got pretty well barbecued.  I'm still pondering trying to rebuild it.
01 EV 1100
72 Eldorado (deceased, resurrection in progress) 
82 Honda CX500
51 Indian Brave

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2843 on: June 14, 2019, 08:53:38 PM »
Definitely looks like you'll need gauges and cables.  If you decide to sell all or parts, you'll be able to do if on the forum's Swap Meet.  You could also find parts from those selling.

Offline cheshirelad

• New Egg
« Reply #2844 on: June 15, 2019, 03:50:48 AM »
Hello to all, My name is Ted Robertson, from Cheshire county in north west England (UK). Retired police officer, mostly traffic related (bikes and cars). The wrong side of 70, but can't live without a bike. Just bought my first Guzzi, a 750 Breva 2003 vintage. only done 5900 miles from new, which is not always a good thing. Had problems with perished and leaking seals, so I'm trying to iron out the little niggles one by one.
                  Had a myriad of bikes over the years: BSA Bantam 150 & 175, C15 250, A50 Royal Star 500, A65 Thunderbolt 650, Triumph Tiger 90 350, Jawa 250(crap), Honda CB400/4, CX500, CB500X, Kawasaki Z500, BMW R80/7,RS1100, F800GT, Yamaha Fazer 600/4. Plus more I can't recall.
                 Married 49 years ( I don't like change), one daughter, had a son who sadly died in an accident at 21. Two grandsons 20 & 9. Hobbies, golf & more golf and my passion Manchester City FC.
                  Finally I'll get out on it more if it stops raining. TR.

oldbike54

« Reply #2845 on: June 16, 2019, 10:31:47 AM »
 You knew members make sure to post on Luap's thread in the stickies , and welcome to Wild Guzzi .

Dusty

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #2846 on: June 19, 2019, 01:11:33 AM »
Just bought my first Guzzi, a 750 Breva 2003 vintage. only done 5900 miles from new, which is not always a good thing. Had problems with perished and leaking seals, so I'm trying to iron out the little niggles one by one.

Welcome Ted. Same year as mine.  Had it from new; had some gearbox problems but other than that the breva has never missed a beat.  Tours just fine but also happy piddling about town.

Love it. :thumb: :thumb:
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline Red Jacket

• New Egg
« Reply #2847 on: June 19, 2019, 11:46:19 AM »
Tim Mashford Brighton UK Acupuncturist
1977 850 California
1995 Ducati 916
1996 BMW R1100RS

Offline Stickman92

• New Egg
« Reply #2848 on: June 20, 2019, 10:27:59 AM »
Hi Guys,

Leo, 26, Telesales Executive in Dublin, Ireland.

2009 Breva 750 that I just bought.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2849 on: June 20, 2019, 02:28:59 PM »
Hi Guys,

Leo, 26, Telesales Executive in Dublin, Ireland.

2009 Breva 750 that I just bought.

Was there to be a picture with that?   In case there was, I can't see it.

In case there wasn't, welcome anyhow!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here