Author Topic: Thanks to Kieth Smith for another successful Adirondack Rally!  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Adk.IBO

• Gaggle Mentor
Good to see Guzzi folks I have met and become friends with :thumb:. I hope all had safe travels after the rally where ever you were headed. Me? 10.77 miles was a stretch but I made it :wink:. Far as I know only 1 electrical bugaboo that was handled by a group of qualified techs :cheesy:. Only other incident I know of was me stepping on my prescription glasses  :angry:. Pretty sure a good time was had by all. Great venue and lots of room for more campers next year (hint, hint :thumb:). Rumor was about 39. I talked to the owner and he said he could handle 250 for sure! Lot's to see in the area and there is no finer place on the planet than the Adirondacks in the summer :grin:. We rode to a lakeside restaurant on Lake Champlain, others went up the Whiteface Memorial Highway, and others went to the Wild Center in Tupper Lake. Bobsled rides are available as well as tours of the 1932 and 1980 Olympic jumping and ice skating complexes. It is Ironman weekend which makes Lake Placid very crowded. The riding is some of the best in the country, my guess it makes the top 10. I imagine Charlie W. will be posting some pics... The weather cooperated fairly well with rain mostly holding off, other than just a few sprinkles, until Saturday night some time (I was asleep). 50/50 netted 75% to the Wounded Warrior Project (thanks to the winner donating half of his winnings!). Beautiful campfire pit and a bar/restaurant on site for those inclined. The owner opened up the on site Adirondack Train Museum (small) for an interesting insight into life in the Adirondacks of yesteryear, overall a really good venue. Rooms were available on site that some took advantage of. Even on site Campers can be booked if they are reserved far enough in advance. Plan early for that one! Next year I'd like to get some stuff from local businesses for raffles, I need to talk to Kieth first (just thinking out loud).

Stay safe, John
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 12:22:28 PM by Adk.IBO »
'09 Norge new in '11, sold in '17, 37000 very good miles, thanks to this forum. '17 Roadster new in '17
Luke 23:34

Offline Adk.IBO

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: Thanks to Kieth Smith for another successful Adirondack Rally!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 04:53:36 PM »
wow.
'09 Norge new in '11, sold in '17, 37000 very good miles, thanks to this forum. '17 Roadster new in '17

Offline CharlieW

• Hatchling
    • http://i490.photobucket.com
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 07:19:09 PM »
Great Rally  :thumb:
Great Roads, Great Weather, Great Food
I'm working on getting pictures to PhotoBucket
Will post soon
CharlieW
02 STONE

Offline Adk.IBO

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 07:39:50 AM »
 :thumb:

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 07:39:50 AM »

Offline CharlieW

• Hatchling
    • http://i490.photobucket.com
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 03:29:03 PM »
Here are are some photos from the Rally.
Im not good with names.
CharlieW

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/baddeck00/embed/slideshow/Adirondack%20Rally%202015"></iframe>
02 STONE

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 03:34:06 PM »
Looks like a great location.  I have to try and make it next year.

Cam
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline Adk.IBO

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 04:01:42 PM »
Thanks Charlie, I knew you'd be along with pics!

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here