Author Topic: Startus interuptus AGAIN!  (Read 1333 times)

actwin

Startus interuptus AGAIN!
« on: August 09, 2015, 05:59:19 PM »
Just a quick question, what color is the wire I have to splice to on the relay then run to the battery? Its on my 2011 Griso SE. I need a fuse in the wire too, correct? Thank guys!

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
Re: Startus interuptus AGAIN!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 06:29:36 PM »
It's a yellow wire.  Both the Starter relay and the Startup Maintenance relay sport this yellow relay are fed from Fuse 1.  The wiring diagram shows the two are fed by a join close to these two relays, but you would need to confirm where exactly the join is.  Then cut the yellow wire upstream of the join, and feed the two relays from the battery positive through an additional in-line 15 amp fuse.

I thought initially you could  just feed Fuse 1directly from the battery positive, but it looks like the license plate light would become permanently on.

Offline Zoom Zoom

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Startus interuptus AGAIN!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 06:52:06 PM »
On my Stelvio, I used a 40 amp relay from the parts store, some spade end connectors, a bit of wire, and an inline fuse to create my own version that requires no cutting or splicing of the factory wires. I ran a fused hot lead from the battery to the relay, and on down to the starter. The wire I pulled off the starter is now the trigger lead on the relay. I could eliminate it all in about 5 minutes and be back to original. Of course a ground lead on the relay to complete the trigger circuit. Although I was not having any trouble, I decided to do it one day last year as a pre-emptive measure.

(The startus interuptus I bought from MPH could not be used on my Stelvio because the wiring was different. I gave that to a local friend with a Griso.)

Point is, no wires need be cut.

John Henry

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here