Author Topic: Finally after nearly 6 years...  (Read 1737 times)

Online Adk.IBO

• Gaggle Mentor
Finally after nearly 6 years...
« on: November 27, 2015, 12:07:22 PM »
I've wanted a trailer hitch on my Norge since before I got it. At the National this year in NH a gentleman rode one up from Fla with one on his, can't remember his name. I took pictures and found out where it was made. DMC Sidecars in Washington state said they could build me one, just bring it by and we'll fab one up for you. Needless to say it was to far and vacation time to valuable although they were kind enough to send more pictures and answer some questions. My brother in law has a side business of building hot rod replicars (rolling chassis and bodies) so I sent pictures and he said "sure I can build that!" So I loaded the Norge in a U Haul, due to iffy weather this time of year, and hauled it down with us for our trek to Quincy IL for Thanksgiving. I now have a trailer hitch on the Norge and will use it to tow a Bushtec Spartan starting in the spring if the creek don't rise. It looks awesome and all that's left is powder coating. I will post pictures when we get home. I towed a Bushtec with my '94 R1100RS and loved it! Can't wait to do it again! Yeehaaa! The plan is to ride to the National in Oregon from the Adirondacks next summer!
Stay safe, John
'09 Norge new in '11, sold in '17, 37000 very good miles, thanks to this forum. '17 Roadster new in '17
Luke 23:34

Online rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
Re: Finally after nearly 6 years...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 01:43:16 PM »
Cargo Trailers make touring by motorcycle fun!

My little fridge trailer made long-distance 2-up touring on my V11 LeMans possible.
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 01:47:21 PM »
I saw the same guy. Silver Norge.
The cost from DMC was too rich/far/time consuming for me. Also, they had the ball WAY too high to work well.
Did you make yours so the rear section is removable like that one?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 01:48:17 PM by Wayne Orwig »
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Online Adk.IBO

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 04:45:11 PM »
I saw the same guy. Silver Norge.
The cost from DMC was too rich/far/time consuming for me. Also, they had the ball WAY too high to work well.
Did you make yours so the rear section is removable like that one?

Almost exactly the same. Thought about it and figured it was necessary for tire removal, especially without a drop away lift. We got the optimal hitch height from Bushtec to have a level trailer.
'09 Norge new in '11, sold in '17, 37000 very good miles, thanks to this forum. '17 Roadster new in '17
Luke 23:34

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 04:45:11 PM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here