Author Topic: '09 Norge- oil pressure sending unit is an sob to change!  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Adk.IBO

• Gaggle Mentor
'09 Norge- oil pressure sending unit is an sob to change!
« on: April 05, 2017, 03:36:36 PM »
6 thousand miles ago I had the air box out to change the inner plugs. All that again just to get to the sender... Now I've got to find a cheap 21mm wrench to cut in half just to be able to r&r the sender. Jeez Luigi! They could build things with the end user in mind, but nooo...

Sure hope it takes care of the dreaded triangle!
'09 Norge new in '11, sold in '17, 37000 very good miles, thanks to this forum. '17 Roadster new in '17
Luke 23:34

twowings

Re: '09 Norge- oil pressure sending unit is an sob to change!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 03:42:39 PM »
Did you get ITSec's wiring kit?  Might as well while your in there... :thumb:

Offline Adk.IBO

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 03:44:56 PM »
No...what wiring kit?...for what? :shocked:

Did a search, I can handle that. That's the easy part... Thanks though!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 03:53:47 PM by Adk.IBO »
'09 Norge new in '11, sold in '17, 37000 very good miles, thanks to this forum. '17 Roadster new in '17

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 04:16:42 PM »
Not sure if your '09 is an 8V or 4V, but on my '07 if you loosen the alternator off while you're in there, it's not hard at all. Sorry you've gotta' go in again but once you've loosened off the alternator, you may as well replace the belt and the bearings ! Also the air box may have developed cracks, so a new one wouldn't go astray. On the way back out, if you pull the fuel sender unit from the (now removed) tank, you'll have a great opportunity to replace the sender unit and the "quick release" connector from the tank, (it's bound to break eventually). Given that your bike is 8 years old, bugger it, you really MUST replace all the hoses under there.... Um.. No, I think that's about it, for now ! Oh one more thought, the heat under the tank can cause the wiring to become brittle and fail, so a new wiring loom and ECU would be good preventative maintenance. See, aren't you glad your oil sender flickered ? It's helped no end !!!...Hey, look on the bright side, you don't have to waste $2 on a cheap wrench to cut in half, bonus !!! Seriously though, check and secure the connector on the neutral switch while the air box is off, it's very easy to locate and well worth it. Oh, and while you're down there, check and replace the....blah, blah, blah...Actually, all that reminds me of an old Monty Python sketch !
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 04:23:33 PM by Huzo »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 04:16:42 PM »

Offline Adk.IBO

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 06:06:03 PM »
WOW Huzo! Quick release and fuel lines were replaced with the plastic fuel filter many miles (and years) ago. Made getting the fuel tank off a breeze.  All that preventative maintenance?...hmmm...I'll keep my eyes wide open, but unnecessary spending? Nah (suspenders snapping sound) :wink:.

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 01:30:38 AM »
WOW Huzo! Quick release and fuel lines were replaced with the plastic fuel filter many miles (and years) ago. Made getting the fuel tank off a breeze.  All that preventative maintenance?...hmmm...I'll keep my eyes wide open, but unnecessary spending? Nah (suspenders snapping sound) :wink:.
Okaaayyyy. But don't come crying to the forum if the Klapfallus switch in the ECU lets go and dumps copious quantities of Hintershein fluid all over the hypsometric diatromatic adapter switch. Surely USD $ 2,750 isn't too much to spend to stop your oil light flickering !!!! Jeez, what a tight ***.  :evil:

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here