Author Topic: Qianjiang "manufacture of Marzocchi suspension in China"  (Read 445 times)

Offline motogoro

• Hatchling
Qianjiang "manufacture of Marzocchi suspension in China"
« on: January 16, 2022, 08:52:53 AM »
a can of worms I shouldn't open. 

the last line in the last paragraph of an online CycleWorld article about a "new" Benelli engine design

<snip>
While the Qianjiang-Benelli design could be simply a copy of the KTM design—China’s motorcycle industry hasn’t had a shortage of cloned designs in the past—it’s worth noting that there is a direct connection between the brand and KTM in 2022. Qianjiang’s other motorcycle brand, QJMotor, which uses many of the same platforms as Benelli’s models, has been announced as an entry in this year’s Moto3 world championship using rebranded KTM RC250GP machinery. Qianjiang also has tie-ins with several other big names, including Harley-Davidson (for which it’s due to manufacture a small-capacity twin) and MV Agusta (Qianjiang makes the new Lucky Explorer 5.5). Qianjiang has also recently taken on the manufacture of Marzocchi suspension in China.
<snip>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/motorcycles/future-benelli-tnt800-engine-revealed/ar-AASL0lt?ocid=msedgntp
Steve M. in SE WI
WMGR 193
MGNOC L-553

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
Re: Qianjiang "manufacture of Marzocchi suspension in China"
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 01:58:54 PM »
A somewhat qualified response, but Chinese manufacturing has come a fair way in a short time.

I had cause to replace a lawnmower motor, and it had to be cheap.  It gets a hard life.  Put on a 5hp Loncin.  I was impressed with the quality of the castings, and the more we use it the more impressed we are.  I say "we", my brother was involved and was not keen.  He now can't wait for his own Briggs to blow so he can replace it with the Loncin.  He has changed his view completely.

Of course, I don't know whether Qianjian has done the same. :grin:
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Qianjiang "manufacture of Marzocchi suspension in China"
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 02:36:02 PM »
The Predator engines sold by Harbor Freight are quite good also. I think they area Japanese something built under license, just a guess on my part. I used one to repower an old rototiller. I don't garden anymore so it sits in the garage waiting for a project. Anyone have an old engineless minibike?
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here