Author Topic: I HAVE COMPLAINTS!  (Read 21688 times)

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
Re: I HAVE COMPLAINTS!
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2015, 06:55:20 AM »
Hey guys, I just wanted to say that I sold the V7. If I were able to have 2 bikes, I'd have kept it. I want to come back to Guzzi country some day, but I need more from the gents over by Lago di Como before I'd consider it. Triumph just blew the lid off everything with the new T120's, and if you don't think so, you're kidding yourself. I can't wait to see what Guzzi comes up with to get fresh and compete with that! Much love, ya cranky turkeys! :D  :bow:

Well, we'll see about the Triumphs ... they make nice bikes but my lid MIGHT stay on, everyone's different.

Get you a Triumph and get out on the road and get back with us and tell us about it!

Happy riding and be careful ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline CapitalGoose

• New Egg
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2015, 07:49:09 AM »
Or worst of all - the PEANUT ration in modern "Cracker Jacks"!   PaTHETic .....

Lannis

YES. They're freakin' PEANUTS! Put more in! On a related note, I bought a bag of caramel peanut-popcorn from some boy scouts near a bar my wife and I were at (Don't buy this stuff after drinking, folks) It was great! Albeit $20!!! :shocked:

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2015, 09:13:21 AM »
Me too my wife's trust fund wasn't that large, I can't buy a new bike every year.

Dean
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2015, 09:56:55 AM »
Me too my wife's trust fund wasn't that large, I can't buy a new bike every year.

Dean

If you can ever get with a dealer and "get started", you probably can.

It involves buying a new bike for real money and then trading it in every year for another and making payments for the difference.   You have to have the "equity" of the new bike in order to trade for the next one, but for $600 a month or whatever the payment is, you can just keep trading them in and buying new ones.   

I'd never do it because it takes me more than a year to get to know any bike, but it works for some people ....

Lannis

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2015, 09:56:55 AM »

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2015, 10:08:06 AM »
If you can ever get with a dealer and "get started", you probably can.

It involves buying a new bike for real money and then trading it in every year for another and making payments for the difference.   You have to have the "equity" of the new bike in order to trade for the next one, but for $600 a month or whatever the payment is, you can just keep trading them in and buying new ones.   

I'd never do it because it takes me more than a year to get to know any bike, but it works for some people ....

Lannis

I paid cash for the two I have now. 

Dean
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2015, 10:36:12 AM »
I paid cash for the two I have now. 

Dean

Me too, I'd never pay anything but cash for a motorcycle.    But at our age (you first!), you'll get things like finish paying off a life insurance policy and have some money that's been going out every month, and you're already used to it, that COULD be used to own a new motorcycle all the time.  Or have to start taking IRA distributions and you don't already have a call for the money.

Not the way I'd do it, but it's possible.

Lannis

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2015, 04:37:52 PM »
Maybe I should have put a  :laugh: after my statement about the trust fund it was meant to be humorous.

Dean
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 

Tennmoto

« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2017, 06:23:21 AM »
Wow that was a spirited thread, one great thing about the Guzzi-BMW forums they always shared
Intelligence and solutions to problems when possible. With unsolvable problems they help steer more
People from buying a defective model. I was a MGNOC members years ago and it's a great bunch of guys
My friends at the old BMW breakfast in New Hope Pa always said the MG rallies were the best!
I had a blue Spada 1000 back when I moved to Tn. As with cars some manufacturers have some
Models that have more defects, and others with exceptional durability.
 I was leading a return home ride with Frank and some others from NATIONAL RALLY In NC when
One guys pulled up next to me and signaled trouble with my SP, I was spraying them with oil.
We all stopped and saw I was almost out of oil. They stayed with me until I New what I was going to
Do. I filled oil up and carries more with me riding thru the I-40 canyon headed for Knoxville and I made it
Turned out that little box that vented sump pressure was clogged. Boy that SP sure sounded nice with Mistrals!

Offline mtiberio

• Gaggle Hero
    • TiberioRacing
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2017, 08:42:44 AM »
if you dont think Piaggio is investing in Guzzi, compare a V7III to an old V65. Same basic bike... Not!
Land Speed Records w/Guzzzi:
SCTA M-PG 1000 141.6 MPH
LTA M-PF 1000 137.3 MPH
ECTA M-PG 1000 118.6 MPH
http://gjm.site90.com/mtiberio

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here