Author Topic: O2 Optimizer on 2V Norge  (Read 19957 times)

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
Re: O2 Optimizer on 2V Norge
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2016, 06:47:17 PM »
Roger that...Guzzi Mapping 101 class in session... :bike-037: :bike-037:
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

pete roper

« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2016, 12:33:50 AM »
Remember, once you have 'Reader' and 'Writer' you can download and save your original map so if you end up screwing something up unintentionally you can simply flick the original map back in. There is no danger of you bricking your ECU and no need to risk damaging your loom by sticking in chopped in *Add Ons* like a PC.

Pete

Offline Jerryd

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2016, 07:49:15 AM »
To start, Happy Easter to everyone!

To get back to my original question about the O2 Optimizer. If the main concern is damage to the engine through indiscriminate  over fueling, isn't that detectable early on before engine damage? Back in my day, you would see evidence by inspecting the plugs and tail pipe.

Is this assumption over simplistic?
Jerry
Florida

canuguzzi

« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2016, 12:23:07 PM »
Remember, once you have 'Reader' and 'Writer' you can download and save your original map so if you end up screwing something up unintentionally you can simply flick the original map back in. There is no danger of you bricking your ECU and no need to risk damaging your loom by sticking in chopped in *Add Ons* like a PC.

Pete

Just a guess but that statement right there probably takes away the hesitation of many considering loading a new map. There are horror stories about bricked phones, computers and such.

You can imagine folks wondering what happens if they do something wrong and now they can't get back in to load the original map.

For others: always save your original map not just on the PC but like in another place as well. All computers eventually fail, your map will go with it so store it on a couple of thumb drives, they are cheap and you can use the low capacity ones.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2016, 12:23:07 PM »

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2016, 03:42:19 PM »
Just a guess but that statement right there probably takes away the hesitation of many considering loading a new map. There are horror stories about bricked phones, computers and such.

You can imagine folks wondering what happens if they do something wrong and now they can't get back in to load the original map.

For others: always save your original map not just on the PC but like in another place as well. All computers eventually fail, your map will go with it so store it on a couple of thumb drives, they are cheap and you can use the low capacity ones.

Some people fear everything modern.  I have all maps guzzi ever made, so if anyone looses it, I have a backup. And more people. I only have to know what was in there to have the same back. And even if that is unknown, when I know the bike, I have the map.

But it was never needed until now. Little people go back to stock. 
Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Download Guzzidiag here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

canuguzzi

« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2016, 03:54:49 PM »
Some people fear everything modern.  I have all maps guzzi ever made, so if anyone looses it, I have a backup. And more people. I only have to know what was in there to have the same back. And even if that is unknown, when I know the bike, I have the map.

But it was never needed until now. Little people go back to stock.

:thumb: :1:

pete roper

« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2016, 06:44:44 PM »
Had a few minutes so I loaded up a couple of pics of the thirsty Norge.

Yuck!

oldbike54

« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2016, 06:55:24 PM »
 Good grief , looks line an old 650 Triumph exhaust running 240 main jets  :shocked:

Dusty

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here