Author Topic: The New Improved GuzziDiag Tutorial  (Read 137480 times)

Online guzzi ride

• "One more day I find myself alive Tomorrow maybe go beneath the ground" Garcia/Hunter
  • Gaggle Mentor
Re: The New Improved GuzziDiag Tutorial
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2019, 07:08:25 AM »
I have a couple. Stock Exhaust?

Great and yes stock exhaust.

j.r.r.

« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2019, 11:01:12 AM »
I wonder if anybody can confirm, for 2016 Audace and Eldorado I need 3-pin set https://bit.ly/2VNcZqn, correct?
Thanks!

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2019, 02:59:15 PM »
I wonder if anybody can confirm, for 2016 Audace and Eldorado I need 3-pin set https://bit.ly/2VNcZqn, correct?
Thanks!

Confirmed.

twowings

« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2019, 07:30:04 PM »
I've used Linux for the last 10 years and I don't own any sweatpants and I don't particularly care for Cheetos...and the very Internet you are on is run on Linux...

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2019, 07:30:04 PM »

j.r.r.

« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2019, 07:54:02 PM »
Confirmed.

Thank you Kiwi Dave. I ordered the cables but still on the fence as far as remapping ECU on my bikes. The last experiment with GuzziTech fueling kit happened to be very stressful and expensive. At this time not ready for any more experiments but using GuzziDiag as diagnostic tool appears very tempting.

Offline alanp

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2019, 12:21:32 PM »
I am stuck trying to download a new map.  I believe I successfully backup the old map, at least it all seemed to work accordingly.

I have a V7II.  The ECU is MIU G3.  I am using a MAC and downloaded the appropriate reader and writer:

IAWMIUG3WriterV0.02
IAWMIUG3ReaderV0.04

When I start the writer and click on the ... I get a dialogue box but I can't find any .bin files.  They are all located on my desktop.  Here is a screenshot of what I see.  There is really nothing in that dialogue box that is recognizable to me??

yahtzee electronic game

Niwot, Colorado
'08 1200 Sport - Black
'16 V7II Stone - Black
Previous Guzzis
'07 Griso, '07 Norge, '03 California SS, '02 California SS, '02 V11 Lemans,  '83 Lemans III, '77 Lemans

beetle

« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2019, 04:01:08 PM »
This seems to be a recurring issue with Mac users and the desktop. Check the file is actually on the desktop with Finder. You could also try putting the .bin file in another known folder, then navigate to that folder with the Writer dialog box.

Offline alanp

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2019, 05:37:07 PM »
The .bin file shows up in finder as being on the desktop.  I made a copy of the .bin and saved it to a directory I could find on the computer.  But when I run the Writer dialogue box, it does not show any .bin files in either location?
If fact, everything seems to show up in the dialogue box EXCEPT .bin files.  Maybe that's a clue?

« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 05:50:38 PM by alanp »
Niwot, Colorado
'08 1200 Sport - Black
'16 V7II Stone - Black
Previous Guzzis
'07 Griso, '07 Norge, '03 California SS, '02 California SS, '02 V11 Lemans,  '83 Lemans III, '77 Lemans

beetle

« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2019, 05:54:53 PM »
IIRC, a .bin file is also some type of Mac specific compressed file. You may need to check the settings to make sure they're not "hidden" by the OS.

Are you running the Writer from the desktop, or the applications folder?

Offline alanp

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2019, 06:13:56 PM »
I am running the writer from the desktop.  I get what you are saying about the .bin files maybe being hidden by the OS, but not sure how to check that.  They are certainly visible on the desktop and in Finder?
Niwot, Colorado
'08 1200 Sport - Black
'16 V7II Stone - Black
Previous Guzzis

beetle

« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2019, 06:41:12 PM »
You may need to set the permissions on the .bin file to allow the Writer to see them. I believe you should run the GuzziDiag programs from the Applications folder.

Offline alanp

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2019, 10:47:22 PM »
Mark, thanks for all your help but I am not having any luck.  I have tried everything I can think of and the writer just can't see the map files.  That includes the existing map file that I saved off the bike with the reader, which seemed to work fine.  The fact that I could save the existing map implies to me that my computer and cables are working.   

Is there anybody else out there with a MACBook that has had success?  Any tips you can offer? 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 10:49:52 PM by alanp »
Niwot, Colorado
'08 1200 Sport - Black
'16 V7II Stone - Black
Previous Guzzis

Offline PELA

• New Egg
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2019, 12:11:39 PM »
IAW 15 RC CONNECTION
Hi guys. Lots of doubts.
NEVADA 750 IE 2006 IAW 15 RC-CA

I have an ECU IAW 15 RC-CC and I want to connect it to the PC without being mounted on the bike. It's possible?
pin 9 K line, pin 10 L line, pin 17 + 12v, pin 24 -12v, pin 26 (+ 12v-key)
It is right?
I try but GuzziDiag's answer is: Ignition off.
Is it protected for connection?
Thank you.

Sorry, my English null, I live in Spain and use Google translator to communicate. :cry:

beetle

« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2019, 01:00:02 PM »
It should be possible.

Try grounding pin 23 as well.

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2019, 04:59:45 PM »
Ok, so ill admit I didn't read every post...  but most, and I did skim. :)   

I see the link to the cables.. and that will work, but has anyone had any luck finding cables that work on amazon?.. The only reason I ask is I have a few cards, and free money is free money. :)   
Paul B

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2019, 02:31:19 PM »
Ok, so ill admit I didn't read every post...  but most, and I did skim. :)   

I see the link to the cables.. and that will work, but has anyone had any luck finding cables that work on amazon?.. The only reason I ask is I have a few cards, and free money is free money. :)

OK, so I ended up ordering the cables in the link on the first post. Really one of the best values out there, and even shipping them to me on the other side of the Atlantic, its still one of the cheapest options. So while those are on a plane heading to the east coast of the US, I need to download GD. A few things...  Any issues with GD running on windows 10 at all? I ask because my computer is kinda on the fritz right now, so I will be downloading it on my wifes…  Ya, I really don't want to mess up her computer... that would be bad!!

Next maps?...  Whats the protocol?  Adapt the stock one? find someone with the same combo? buy a new one?..  I have a 02 California stone. It has a Feracci crossover, LaFanconi Competizione mufflers, and a open airbox lid. It is clearly running like its not fueling correctly so Im pretty sure the past owners that did the mods didn't map it.

I cant wait to get her running like I know she should be!!!!!
Paul B

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2019, 02:47:12 PM »
I've had zero issues using Guzzidiag on a win 10 computer.

There's lots of maps available for Guzzi on the interweb, some free, some stupidly expensive.  You could try contacting Beetle at griso.org, see the earlier post re maps for a Vintage.  But your model is different, the Vintage is basically a Cali 1100 with a Breva head.  Mark may have something to offer.

beetle

« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2019, 04:19:00 PM »
No issues with Windows 10.

Send me a PM. I have made a few 1100 Cali maps. I'll send you a couple.

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2019, 04:48:02 PM »
No issues with Windows 10.

Send me a PM. I have made a few 1100 Cali maps. I'll send you a couple.

Sounds good.  On its way. 
Paul B

Offline Das

• New Egg
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2019, 10:25:52 PM »
Hi Alana--    I know you posted over a month ago but I will shed what little light I have anyway.  I had the same issue when using a MacBook Pro laptop.  It would seem that Mac’s archive files by default hence the no show when you go looking to write the new map.  The files appear to be present on the desktop and even seem to be there when put into a dedicated folder yet remain stubbornly invisible when you try to access them.  My solution was to give up on the Mac altogether and switch to using a PC laptop.  Once I did this everything flowed exactly as outlined in the tutorial.  There probably is a way to use the Mac but I don’t know it!.  Trust this is of some use.

Das

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2019, 02:41:12 PM »
Well after many attempts I can NOT get the 15M reader to download,and work...  Anyone else have issues?  GD seems fine, and the writer as of yet seems to work, but I cant get the reader to work. Anything I might be missing?
Paul B

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2019, 03:22:58 PM »
Well after many attempts I can NOT get the 15M reader to download,and work...  Anyone else have issues?  GD seems fine, and the writer as of yet seems to work, but I cant get the reader to work. Anything I might be missing?

You have to close Guzzidiag before you can run the reader or writer.

beetle

« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2019, 03:24:00 PM »
So, GD connects & you see data?

Make sure you don't have GD open at the same time as the Reader.

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2019, 03:26:21 PM »
It wont even load the program from the download....With digging more it seems the virus protection is stopping it...  So I gotta poke around in there, and tell it to like it.
Paul B

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2019, 04:27:33 PM »
So, GD connects & you see data?

Make sure you don't have GD open at the same time as the Reader.

and yes, GD is loaded, and works fine. It was not open when I tried to load the reading program....  Just for giggles, I tried to load the write program.. it seemed to be ok, but nope....  it doesn't work either.  It seems the virus program is grabbing them... its a new computer, so I need to poke around a bit in it..  If anyone has had issues with McAffe on windows 10 leading the programs, how did you get it working?
Paul B

Offline Alchemist Of Life

• New Egg
« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2019, 04:43:56 PM »
PhfenOmenal!!! GRAZIE MILE!
Bross from AdvRider gave me this link and I am most grateful to people like you who share their knowledge and acceptance that some of us are just, well...Klueless!
I'll download, get the cables, and am eager to try this out.
Thanks a whole bunch!!!
Nicolai

Offline HarveyMushman

• Gosling
    • Photo Galleries
« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2019, 04:45:23 PM »
Mark, thanks for all your help but I am not having any luck.  I have tried everything I can think of and the writer just can't see the map files.  That includes the existing map file that I saved off the bike with the reader, which seemed to work fine.  The fact that I could save the existing map implies to me that my computer and cables are working.   

Is there anybody else out there with a MACBook that has had success?  Any tips you can offer?

Any luck?

I'm late to the party, but yes, I use a MacBook Pro (latest OS) to run GuzziDiag (v0.46) from Launchpad or the Applications folder.  I've never had a problem finding the .bin files.  Can't help more than that, sorry.   
Tim

beetle

« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2019, 05:03:54 PM »
and yes, GD is loaded, and works fine. It was not open when I tried to load the reading program....  Just for giggles, I tried to load the write program.. it seemed to be ok, but nope....  it doesn't work either.  It seems the virus program is grabbing them... its a new computer, so I need to poke around a bit in it..  If anyone has had issues with McAffe on windows 10 leading the programs, how did you get it working?

From the interwebs:

Remove Item From Threat List

Step 1

Launch the program interface for your McAfee anti-virus application, such as Antivirus Plas, Internet Security or Total Protection.

Step 2

Click the "Navigation" tab on the main screen.

Step 3

Scroll down and click "Quarantined and Trusted Items."

Step 4

Click "Quarantined Items" to view the list of potential threats found and quarantined by McAfee. If the items have been identified by McAfee as unwanted programs, click "Quarantined Potentially Unwanted Programs" instead.

Step 5

Select the file or item for which you want to create an exception.

Click "Restore." McAfee removes the item from quarantine and creates an exception so that the item no longers shows up as a threat during scans.

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2019, 05:41:45 PM »
It wouldn't allow me to restore...  I went to the "this old tractor" site and the link was there, so tried, and it worked!!   I got the stock map read...  now working on writing the new.
Paul B

Offline s1120

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2019, 06:24:42 PM »
All up and working! Thanks all for the help!  New map is a huge improvement.  It feels like the last guzzi I rode 20 years ago now!!
Paul B

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here