Author Topic: V100 Mandello Merged Threadfest  (Read 111160 times)

Offline egschade

• Gaggle Hero
  • Eric - MGNOC NJ Rep - mgnocnj.forumotion.com
Re: V100 Mandello Merged Threadfest
« Reply #1440 on: April 02, 2023, 11:28:13 AM »
I do like the red even if it's not the "S" model.
The elder Eric in NJ

2020 V85TT Adventure
1985 LeMans 1000
2005 BMW F650GS

Past Guzzis:
V65 SP
V7 III
V50
Griso 1200SE Tenni
Breva 1100
EV Touring

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1441 on: April 02, 2023, 01:41:00 PM »
Big turn out, must have been over 25 folks or more, very well done, lot's of folks from 100s of miles away!!
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #1442 on: April 02, 2023, 03:20:05 PM »
How bout their wrench, been to school yet, got software to reset the lil wings when they don't work?
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline sdcr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1443 on: April 02, 2023, 03:35:31 PM »

+1
John
2000 BMW R1100 RS
1983 BMW R100
2009 Jaguar XK

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1443 on: April 02, 2023, 03:35:31 PM »

Offline bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1444 on: April 02, 2023, 05:23:15 PM »
+1

That's a valid question Steve.  I didn't get a clear answer, but I'm going to pursue it.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Online blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1445 on: April 03, 2023, 07:28:59 AM »

Yes, a red one with Ohlins suspension and gold rims.
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Online lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1446 on: April 03, 2023, 06:24:29 PM »
I had placed a deposit on the v100 s model back in December to secure one of the first arrivals at our local dealer.  Well, they have arrived and I have decide to say goodby to my 2016 Tuono factory. The Tuono is undoubtably the best handling chassis of any bike I've ridden. The problem with it is it is ridiculously overpowered for the street riding that I do.  Two thirds of the power band was unusable without breaking the law so, as intoxicating as it may be ,it needs to go.  I am in hopes that the Mandello will be a  lot similar to my beloved 08 Griso 8v  with a bit more comfortable ride position and a few creature comforts. I have no illusions about it being a two up tourer, but hope it will fill a solo niche somewhere in between the Griso and Tuono. Time will tell. I had considered a 1200 RS beemer but really prefer to stick with Motoguzzi for all the reasons that go without saying.  I should take delivery in a week or two and will be sure to convey my first impressions after some ride time.  I have not test ridden one, or even seen one in the flesh, but have had many conversations with the dealer who has always been first rate . Many reviews seem to place it in the  ST/ roadster space which is  what I am hoping for. The griso stays for now but maybe the next one to hit the classifieds.  :cry:

Offline HarveyMushman

• Gosling
    • Photo Galleries
« Reply #1447 on: April 03, 2023, 07:00:40 PM »
I had placed a deposit on the v100 s model back in December to secure one of the first arrivals at our local dealer.  Well, they have arrived and I have decide to say goodby to my 2016 Tuono factory. The Tuono is undoubtably the best handling chassis of any bike I've ridden. The problem with it is it is ridiculously overpowered for the street riding that I do.  Two thirds of the power band was unusable without breaking the law so, as intoxicating as it may be ,it needs to go.  I am in hopes that the Mandello will be a  lot similar to my beloved 08 Griso 8v  with a bit more comfortable ride position and a few creature comforts. I have no illusions about it being a two up tourer, but hope it will fill a solo niche somewhere in between the Griso and Tuono. Time will tell. I had considered a 1200 RS beemer but really prefer to stick with Motoguzzi for all the reasons that go without saying.  I should take delivery in a week or two and will be sure to convey my first impressions after some ride time.  I have not test ridden one, or even seen one in the flesh, but have had many conversations with the dealer who has always been first rate . Many reviews seem to place it in the  ST/ roadster space which is  what I am hoping for. The griso stays for now but maybe the next one to hit the classifieds.  :cry:

Moto Guzzi
Tim

Online lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1448 on: April 03, 2023, 07:06:16 PM »
Moto Guzzi

OOPS !    I beg forgiveness

Online blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
« Reply #1449 on: April 03, 2023, 09:12:50 PM »
Lucian:

I am pretty sure that you will like it.  My son had a multi strada that was so overpowered it was twitchy.  It was not enjoyable to ride.  It had a de-power switch which took it down to about 100.  It was still difficult to enjoy and I never did and he didn't really either.  The V100 combines a great chassis, fine riding position, vey high level of refinement with very usable power and plenty of it as far as I am concerned.  For me, at my stage, it was not twitchy as the multi had been, but seemed like it would still demand enough rider attention that I could not enjoy the ride but it sounds right up your alley as you still enjoy a challenging bike.  Don't get me wrong, I used to love those kinds of bikes and had a few and they were great then.
Do let us hear about your adventures.
Blue Guzz

Online lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1450 on: April 04, 2023, 05:42:34 AM »
Lucian:

I am pretty sure that you will like it.  My son had a multi strada that was so overpowered it was twitchy.  It was not enjoyable to ride.  It had a de-power switch which took it down to about 100.  It was still difficult to enjoy and I never did and he didn't really either.  The V100 combines a great chassis, fine riding position, vey high level of refinement with very usable power and plenty of it as far as I am concerned.  For me, at my stage, it was not twitchy as the multi had been, but seemed like it would still demand enough rider attention that I could not enjoy the ride but it sounds right up your alley as you still enjoy a challenging bike.  Don't get me wrong, I used to love those kinds of bikes and had a few and they were great then.
Do let us hear about your adventures.
          Thank you Blu guzz for sharing your honest thoughts.  I'm looking forward to being a test dummy for the new model. I am in hopes it will  fill a couple duties that have always seemed to take more than one bike to fill.  Do I need 112 HP? Probably not ,but I definitely do not need 175 hp! I completely understand your points on the Multi.  Stay well ,

Online blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
« Reply #1451 on: April 15, 2023, 06:53:38 AM »
If you look at You tube videos, you will notice and incredible outpouring of good will toward this bike.  The V85 initially received a lot of love, still does and it is a good seller by Guzzi standards.  But, I have to wonder if this is finally the bike that will cause the brand to break out of its tiny niche market share. That prospect has its pros and cons for me.  Our current little Guzzi family is tight knit partly, because the bikes are not mainstream. Until now, it has kind of been like our little secret.  Some interesting things to watch:  Will they have to build another factory if this bike takes off?  Or, does Aprilia have room for additional capacity?  Will quality control become an issue again as they race to get more bikes out the door? Will our dealers be able to successfully manage a bike that is in high demand? Could this be a "halo" bike that brings people in the door who decide it is not for them, but buy a different bike instead?  It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. 
Blue Guzz

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #1452 on: April 15, 2023, 10:05:08 AM »
If you look at You tube videos, you will notice and incredible outpouring of good will toward this bike.  The V85 initially received a lot of love, still does and it is a good seller by Guzzi standards.  But, I have to wonder if this is finally the bike that will cause the brand to break out of its tiny niche market share. That prospect has its pros and cons for me.  Our current little Guzzi family is tight knit partly, because the bikes are not mainstream. Until now, it has kind of been like our little secret.  Some interesting things to watch:  Will they have to build another factory if this bike takes off?  Or, does Aprilia have room for additional capacity?  Will quality control become an issue again as they race to get more bikes out the door? Will our dealers be able to successfully manage a bike that is in high demand? Could this be a "halo" bike that brings people in the door who decide it is not for them, but buy a different bike instead?  It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

In the mid-1970s, the factory in Mandello del Lario cranked out 50,000 bikes per year.  Much of the square footage is idle at the factory, and I'm sure additional lines could be added as necessary.

Mainstream acceptance would absolutely change the "Guzzi Family".  Good or bad, we would have to wait and see.  BMW, Ducati, and Triumph have gone through this.
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Online blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
« Reply #1453 on: April 15, 2023, 11:01:14 AM »
Rocker:  I had forgotten about their past production numbers.  I can't imagine them ever selling in those numbers again.  Maybe then, the limits would be the same limits others are feeling right now, workforce numbers, parts availability?  It's a good problem for them to have if it comes to be.
Blue Guzz

Offline Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1454 on: April 15, 2023, 11:50:54 AM »
If it helps with survival then that is a good thing. A few years ago I though Chrysler should remain being kind of a niche company kind of like it was during the Lutz years. But in recent years it has become more of an economy through scale company. Meaning purchasing power, sharing technology, platforms etc. By combining with Fiat and Peugeot they have become one of the larger auto manufacturers in the world. Moto Guzzi being part of the Piaggio is a good thing now if they can straighten out the whole dealer network thing, parts, service, sales, warranty issues etc would do a lot for the group.
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Offline Joliet Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Justus Esto, Et Non Metue
« Reply #1455 on: April 15, 2023, 12:32:19 PM »
Moto Guzzi being part of the Piaggio is a good thing now if they can straighten out the whole dealer network thing, parts, service, sales, warranty issues etc would do a lot for the group.
kk
Well Aprilia bought Guzzi in 01 I think and shortly thereafter Piaggio bought Aprilia. So they've had about 20 years to straighten it out. But hey we can always hope.
1975 T160 Triumph Trident "Spot"
2002 Cali Stone "Moby Dick"
1998 Centauro "Psycho Chicken"
2003 Buell Blast "Pegasus"

Offline Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1456 on: April 15, 2023, 07:28:33 PM »
If it helps with survival then that is a good thing. A few years ago I though Chrysler should remain being kind of a niche company kind of like it was during the Lutz years. But in recent years it has become more of an economy through scale company. Meaning purchasing power, sharing technology, platforms etc. By combining with Fiat and Peugeot they have become one of the larger auto manufacturers in the world. Moto Guzzi being part of the Piaggio is a good thing now if they can straighten out the whole dealer network thing, parts, service, sales, warranty issues etc would do a lot for the group.
kk

Were it not for Jeep (and Ram Trucks along with the Challenger/Charger to some degree) Chrysler would have been (and is largely) DEAD..... The Brand benefitted from the Daimler partnership (Witness the Grand Cherokee, Challenger/Charger built on old Mercedes platforms), and the whole FIAT thing seems to be benefiting the Brand. The new small Dodge SUV is actually an Alpha Romeo. There was some talk of the next Challenger being a 2 door Gulia which would have been awesome if they kept the V8, but the treehuggers won out and they are saying the next generation will be electric..... I don't mind the ADDITION of electric as an option, and even encouraged, but Electric ONLY  come on................. ..
MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2004 Breva 750, 2007 GRiSO, 2008 1200 Sport, 2016 Stornello #742,
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

Offline Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1457 on: April 15, 2023, 09:26:52 PM »
It is looking like the next Charger will have a straight six. Performance models will have a single or twin turbos. There will also be the option of an electric motor as well as the gas engine. I haven't heard anything about pure electric vehicles but I may be wrong about that. Chrysler is like Moto Guzzi been going out of business since forever but continues to stay alive.
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Offline Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1458 on: April 15, 2023, 09:33:30 PM »
It is looking like the next Charger will have a straight six. Performance models will have a single or twin turbos. There will also be the option of an electric motor as well as the gas engine. I haven't heard anything about pure electric vehicles but I may be wrong about that. Chrysler is like Moto Guzzi been going out of business since forever but continues to stay alive.
kk

That's good to hear. I don't follow Mopar closely, but prior to the Hurricane motor, they were talking all electric. Glad to hear they are at least keeping some Gas. That is a STOUT motor. https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2023-jeep-wagoneer-l-hurricane-i-6-first-test-review/

I'm fighting off trading my Tundra for a Wagoneer.
MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2004 Breva 750, 2007 GRiSO, 2008 1200 Sport, 2016 Stornello #742,

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1459 on: April 15, 2023, 10:17:39 PM »
kk

I read Ford was coming out with 1 litre turbo triple with 150hp.  Seems everyone has a couple 4 cyl turbos that make 200-350hp now and go into full size SUVs and sports sedans.  Interesting stuff. 
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Vagrant

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1460 on: April 16, 2023, 08:34:31 AM »
Steve, I'm sure talking about an Opal  was just temporary insanity! But, trading a Tundra for ***(I can't bear to say it). You've spent too much time in the sun overseas!
HE IS FREE WHO LIVES AS HE CHOOSES
2016 V7II, 2017 V7-III Blue special, 2022 V85 the fast red one! 2016 650 Versys
L-196, L-197

Online lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1461 on: April 16, 2023, 04:56:16 PM »
Done deal, Tuono traded for v100 .  Haven't ridden it yet but will posts all the
+and - impressions soon.  Working on a small mod to the shift lever as it was a bit short for my boots. Aside from that, it seems very well put together and is larger in the flesh than I was expecting. Plenty of room for two and the ergos seem quite comfortable to me . I loved the tuono for what it was but saner thoughts prevailed after just 5,000 miles of ownership. More soon.

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1462 on: April 16, 2023, 07:32:57 PM »
Congratulations Lucian and other owners.
Wish y’all nothing but the best.

Online lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1463 on: April 16, 2023, 07:59:27 PM »
Thanks Pete, hoping it checks the boxes between ST and  roadster. Don't believe all the reviews, it is not a small motorcycle despite its 58" wheelbase. Appreciate the good wishes :boozing:

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1464 on: April 16, 2023, 11:41:01 PM »
I’m a bit too far into my Norge to consider a V100 yet.
From what I see, I’d damn well better not ride one of the buggers…!

Online lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1465 on: April 17, 2023, 05:11:22 PM »
Shifter extender done, if it stops raining I'll take her for a spin

Offline Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1466 on: April 17, 2023, 05:26:19 PM »
Steve, I'm sure talking about an Opal  was just temporary insanity! But, trading a Tundra for ***(I can't bear to say it). You've spent too much time in the sun overseas!

LOL, there is much truth to that but it is probably brain worms from eating on the local economies and roasted lambs brain on occasion.

I actually love Jeeps, had every generation Cherokee from the beginning in 1985, but in 2017 I wanted a truck and the Jeep was late to market with their truck so I bought the Tundra and LOVE it. The new Wagoneer is a great vehicle, and would suit all my needs and more, but NO WAY I am dropping that kind of coin when I have a truck I love that is long paid off and will last me as long as I need......

But come on Steve, the Opel GT is a cool little car!
MGNOC#23231

Online Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1467 on: April 17, 2023, 07:28:29 PM »
Shifter extender done, if it stops raining I'll take her for a spin

That’s some precision machine work👍

Offline Vagrant

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1468 on: April 19, 2023, 08:23:09 AM »
Cool, yes, but you'd have to sell the bikes to find enough time and money to keep it running.
FYI, my 17 Tundra is at 93000 and running better than ever. I thought about a new one but just can't give up on the V8.
HE IS FREE WHO LIVES AS HE CHOOSES
2016 V7II, 2017 V7-III Blue special, 2022 V85 the fast red one! 2016 650 Versys
L-196, L-197

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1469 on: April 19, 2023, 04:31:32 PM »
Finally got to ride one.  White Base Model.  The bike rips and I only had it in T mode.  I got it well over 90 criss crossing traffic in a couple of miles of city Interstate.  Certainly faster than any Guzzi I've ridden.   Didn't quite feel like a Guzzi, I didn't notice any torque dip with the throttle.  The bike was little more upright -I could use a little more rear tuck with the pegs.  It was stable in traffic, great pick up from the engine and sharp brakes.   So far as handling, I didn't have a chance to run it in many curves, the riding position could be better IMO with a little more leverage for the pegs.  No doubt that's a rider's preference deal.  In tour mode those little wings deployed and the bike was stable in very strong sidewind.  The owner told me that he could feel the difference when the active aero was on.  I'd say the closest bike would be the Yamaha 900 sport tourer in feel and performance.   The only thing I didn't like was chintzy header covers.  They just gotten the Green one in presold.
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here