Author Topic: Car driver runs over motorcyclist in purpose  (Read 8247 times)

canuguzzi

Car driver runs over motorcyclist in purpose
« on: May 31, 2016, 10:57:03 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/05/31/driver-runs-over-motorcycle-in-horrifying-road-rage-incident-caught-on-camera/

The thing is, the motorcycle rider felt some need to explain how he felt about the car drivers driving skills.

No justification for what the car driver did but this comes under the clause of running into the wrong person at the wrong time.

Moto

Re: Car driver runs over motorcyclist in purpose
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 11:15:41 PM »
Buffoons, both of them.

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 11:34:15 PM »
+1

The good news is that it's a couple of asshats off the road for a while.  The bad news is -- well, there isn't any.  Both parties are apparently being rewarded according to their efforts.  I kinda feel sorry for the passenger having to roll around on the pavement with her daisy dukes and flip flops getting all dirty, but that's the choice she made, too.  I'm sure they'll all get them some sympathy back to the trailer court.

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 12:08:20 AM »
People are too sensitive nowadays and easily offended. The driver is fully at fault and should rot in jail. The motorcyclist may haves said something to him, but so what? That does not give the driver the right to resort to violence because some words hurt his feelings...
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 12:08:20 AM »

oldbike54

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 12:20:29 AM »
Jeff , something says the car driver's problem isn't sensitivity  :grin:

Dusty

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 12:49:27 AM »
People are too sensitive nowadays and easily offended. The driver is fully at fault and should rot in jail. The motorcyclist may haves said something to him, but so what? That does not give the driver the right to resort to violence because some words hurt his feelings...

Agree 100%  Regardless of how much the motorcyclist might have run off at the mouth and otherwise provoked the cager, the cager should have just driven on.  But when you get a motorcyclist who wears his balls on the outside of his underpants and a habitual traffic offender together nobody just drives on.  It's in the rules -- everyone has to lose.

pete roper

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 02:11:10 AM »
Looking at the article he looks like a fine, upstanding young man. Just his attention to his wardrobe and personal grooming screams out "Employ Me! I'll be such an asset to your company!".

I mean I'm no oil painting and I'm as scruffy as all get out but at least I wash from time to time and don't have hair that makes me look like a serial killer!

Pete

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 06:40:12 AM »
 Since none of us were actually there, who knows what really happens.... The  car driver has been in a bit of trouble before according to the authorities...
Vance has an extensive criminal history that includes two stints in state prison. He’s been convicted previously on drug, burglary and felony traffic charges out of Brevard County.

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 07:01:01 AM »
Idiot v idiot, bad things are bound to happen
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline John Ulrich

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 07:29:57 AM »
I'd really like to thank that idiot for making my life tougher!  YES, How'd does it effect me you ask.  Well my wife had the TV during dinner.  The local station runs that story then follows up with the local death tolls and follow ups on the weekends motorcycle crashes. .......the lecture to me started after that.     Meantime a local Guzzi rider is in casts for another two+ months after a car took her out making a left turn into her bike. 
Eagan, MN & Scottsdale, AZ
MN MGNOC Rep  L#800

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 08:05:17 AM »
Since none of us were actually there, who knows what really happens.... The  car driver has been in a bit of trouble before according to the authorities...

From what I've read, the car driver cut off the motorcyclist at some point before the video starts.  The motorcyclist decides to start a verbal confrontation and the next stop light.  Car driver finishes the argument in spectacular fashion.

Car driver has priors on his record and was driving without a license, it being revoked because of the priors.
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

lucydad

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 08:07:36 AM »
Ah the sharp tongue.  Despite provocation, I always keep my Spock ears on...choose to not react....

Glad video is clear evidence, and hopefully car driver will lose license...

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 08:18:26 AM »
hopefully car driver will lose license...

He doesn't have one to lose.  It's already been taken because of his previous antics.

He also purposely sideswiped a car while fleeing the scene of running down the motorcyclist.

"Vance is no stranger to trouble. He was convicted in 2011 on a hit and run charge and driving on a suspended license. The next year he was convicted of disorderly conduct and getting into a fight.  He also pleaded guilty to driving while under the influence in 2003 and has a number of drug convictions, according to the Tampa Bay Times"

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/car-runs-over-couple-s-motorcycle-shocking-road-rage-caught-n583386
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 08:26:04 AM by rocker59 »
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 08:21:43 AM »
The story actually made the Today Show this morning.
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline zedXmick

• Gosling
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2016, 08:39:18 AM »
Idiot v idiot, bad things are bound to happen

:1:
2010 VFR1200F  DCT

oldbike54

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 09:14:53 AM »
 Hmm , apparently the car driver didn't see the bikes . So much for loud pipes save lives  :rolleyes:

Looks pretty cut and dried to me , car guy should go to jail for a very long time . Oh , and the female passenger on the bike should learn a lesson .

Dusty

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 09:42:08 AM »
I am not sure what we are to learn from this, except that we should keep our heads down and our mouths shut, mind our own business, never look anyone in the eye, never get involved, and never say or do anything in response after a driver first runs someone off the road...

The biker, a US Navy veteran, had been at a Memorial Day bike rally for veterans. According to the biker:

"He continued to weave in and out and almost hit one of the other bikers... His window was already down and we started to exchange words, we were offering our advice on his driving skills... The next thing I know he's backing up so I'm looking behind me. So all I could do is grab the handlebars and lean over I was trying to get out of his way. It was just instantaneous I saw the wheels turn and the next thing I know he was on top of us."

That should teach the biker. But what?
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Offline TBShorty

• New Egg
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 10:01:18 AM »
Road rage seems to be amping up lately.  Sunday, here in Salt Lake City suburb a skateboarder crossing intersection gets flak from dude in pickup truck stopped for red light.  Skater makes his point by slapping hood of truck so truck driver gets out and they have screaming verbal in the cross walk.  Truck driver pulls gun and shoots skater point blank in the chest.  I guess he won the argument but ruined his life for certain.  I stopped riding to work everyday a few years ago.  A lot of people keyed up and not too hard to set them off.

oldbike54

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 10:02:18 AM »
 Jeff , the lesson is the car always wins . Best to keep calm and call 911 , better to be quiet than dead right .

Dusty

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2016, 10:09:17 AM »
I am not sure what we are to learn from this

There are genuinely troubled and crazy people out there.  That's what.

If you choose to confront someone, you need to be ready for escalation.  Especially from someone who is already agitated and aggressive.

The car driver was obviously off kilter, and a bike is no match for a car, just like a car is no match for a truck.

I have no idea about this particular incident that just happened in Florida, but I've seen a lot of Harley cruiser types get all upset when the "integrity of the group" is violated by a car.  They get into parade mode and think they own the road.  I've seen some guys on cruisers escalate with cars and just cringed, knowing that the car driver could easily end the confrontation.  Just like this guy Florida did.
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 11:24:01 AM »
Road rage seems to be amping up lately.  Sunday, here in Salt Lake City suburb a skateboarder crossing intersection gets flak from dude in pickup truck stopped for red light.  Skater makes his point by slapping hood of truck so truck driver gets out and they have screaming verbal in the cross walk.  Truck driver pulls gun and shoots skater point blank in the chest.  I guess he won the argument but ruined his life for certain.  I stopped riding to work everyday a few years ago.  A lot of people keyed up and not too hard to set them off.

Yep, it does seem that way. It is quite unsettling.
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

canuguzzi

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2016, 11:30:47 AM »
I am not sure what we are to learn from this, except that we should keep our heads down and our mouths shut, mind our own business, never look anyone in the eye, never get involved, and never say or do anything in response after a driver first runs someone off the road...

The biker, a US Navy veteran, had been at a Memorial Day bike rally for veterans. According to the biker:

"He continued to weave in and out and almost hit one of the other bikers... His window was already down and we started to exchange words, we were offering our advice on his driving skills... The next thing I know he's backing up so I'm looking behind me. So all I could do is grab the handlebars and lean over I was trying to get out of his way. It was just instantaneous I saw the wheels turn and the next thing I know he was on top of us."

That should teach the biker. But what?

If you are going to confront someone while riding a motorcycle have an escape plan?

There is something called discretion. That doesn't mean being afraid to say something, it means picking the right time and place and creating an advantage for yourself and your passenger.

Being right and dead is still dead.

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2016, 11:35:52 AM »
^ Yes, you are correct. Even walking peacefully on the sidewalk we need to be careful.

I routinely back down and avoid confrontation simply to stay alive. We live in a very dangerous world, much more dangerous than when I was a child. (They say that Chicago was a very safe and polite city during the gangster era of the 1930s. :wink:)

By the way, I wonder what the bikers in jail will think of their new cager inmate...
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

oldbike54

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2016, 11:42:46 AM »
 No , the world is not any more dangerous than it was in the past . Simply more people , more folks with cell phones that record incidents . Violence ebbs and flows , always has , always will . Stay cool , keep your ego in your pocket , don't let little stuff get to you . Hell , grow a garden , build a shed , rebuild an old motorbike , learn to play the guitar or saxophone . All way more better ways to express masculinity .

Dusty

Offline charlie b

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2016, 11:50:28 AM »
Ditto

I learned not to confront strangers at all, never, as in changing my driving direction to avoid them or walking across a street or turning around or leaving a place of business.  I just don't want things to escalate, and they always do if you stick around or hold your ground.

Too many dips out there who want to show off their ego.

Not just bikes.  Out here a guy lost his kid cause of road rage.  He got into it with another car.  The other guy pulled a gun and shot out the rear window.  Unfortunately the kid was in the back seat and was killed.
1984 850 T5 (sold)
2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2016, 11:51:42 AM »
No , the world is not any more dangerous than it was in the past . Simply more people , more folks with cell phones that record incidents . Violence ebbs and flows , always has , always will . Stay cool , keep your ego in your pocket , don't let little stuff get to you . Hell , grow a garden , build a shed , rebuild an old motorbike , learn to play the guitar or saxophone . All way more better ways to express masculinity .

Dusty

I know my part of the country is a helluva lot safer now than it was in decades or centuries past.

Don't have to worry about being scalped by Choctaws or Cherokees for trapping on their land.

Don't have to worry about Kansas Bushwackers burning my house and barn down.

Don't have to worry about the Barrow gang shooting me down for getting in their way at the corner grocery store.

(all of have happened within blocks of where I currently live)
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea

Offline MadMike

• New Egg
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2016, 12:00:13 PM »
In the future, when this story is told, it will be one of the few instances when :

" I had no choice....I had to lay 'er down"

is 100% accurate
2013 MG Stelvio NTX, 1975 MG Eldorado,
1991 BMW R100GS/PD, 1976 BMW R75/6,
2004 HD Roadglide

oldbike54

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2016, 12:07:54 PM »
I know my part of the country is a helluva lot safer now than it was in decades or centuries past.

Don't have to worry about being scalped by Choctaws or Cherokees for trapping on their land.

Don't have to worry about Kansas Bushwackers burning my house and barn down.

Don't have to worry about the Barrow gang shooting me down for getting in their way at the corner grocery store.

(all of have happened within blocks of where I currently live)

We had some of that here , there was a famous carjacking on mountain road leading up to Braggs OK in the early 1930's . All anyone needs to study to gain some perspective is read up on the life of Bass Reeves , or the lynchings in Ada OK in 1909 and the events leading up to the event , or the life of Pretty Boy Floyd , who was actually viewed as a hero in N.E. Oklahoma .

Dusty

Kentktk

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2016, 12:23:23 PM »
Just how it is, living in this, the greatest country the world has ever known  :bow:
http://abc7chicago.com/news/8-dead-at-least-57-shot-in-memorial-day-weekend-shootings/1363606/

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2016, 12:26:05 PM »
Just how it is, living in this, the greatest country the world has ever known  :bow:
http://abc7chicago.com/news/8-dead-at-least-57-shot-in-memorial-day-weekend-shootings/1363606/

Chicago is special.  Practically its own country.  And, unfortunately, a pretty dangerous one...
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here