Author Topic: Oops! I've done it again! - uber rare Italian motorcycle added to collection  (Read 4036 times)

Offline Skyguyz

• Hatchling
Sooooo...

I added my third MV Agusta to my "Herd."

I was able to secure the only one MV of this series being sold in Nevada.....

2017 MV AGUSTA 800 REPARTO CORSE
handmade in Italy - 250 built worldwide - only one coming to Nevada.

Will take delivery in 2-3 months. Very exciting times. I will have the 800 RC with as close to zero miles at delivery. I will let the dealer to display this rare machine for a short period of time and then it will be transported, (*Not ridden) to be displayed as art in my residence.

"To certify the originality of each bike,
every F3RC is autographed by both riders, #16 Cluzel on the right side panel and #87 Lorenzo Zanetti on the left"

Video of still pics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU8-68kmFUE

From MV Agusta USA:

In tribute to the numerous laps and races led and won by MV Agusta in international competitions, a special accessories kit is included with each of the 350 F3 RC replicas. This unique collection of special parts – including the license plate holder and single seat cover – are assembled by hands in the historic Schiranna Factory to enhance the racing heritage of the F3 RC. Also included in the special parts kit is the rear wheel replica stand as well as a dedicated bike cover which protects the elegance of this three-cylinder masterpiece. Each individual F3 RC comes complete with a signed certificate of origin which guarantees the exclusivity of this very unique motorcycle and its unwavering dedication to advanced technology, craftmanship, design and performance.

AND:

A road-going replica of the MV Agusta F3 by Jules Cluzel and Lorenzo Zanetti hot from the Schiranna Reparto Corse. The bike, produced in a limited

edition of 350, is available with the 675 WSS cylinder capacity or the meatier 800 track day version.

A supersport with a chassis and technology of unprecedented sophistication. Since its first appearance, it has emerged as the new technological

benchmark in the category, growing to 800 cc to create a new segment in the international supersport market. At the same time, its racing life has

been packed with success, notching up more international victories to continue the MV Agusta's enviable sporting record. This achievement has been

backed by a sound team that achieved improved results and image: the Reparto Corse Cluzel and Zanetti set the fans on fire with their sharp F3 RC

Tricolori, certainly the most admired and envied motorbikes in the championship. Anyone who gets their hands on a F3 RC special series bike will be

able to translate these thrills to roads and track days. The F3 RC, produced in a limited edition of 100 bikes in the 675 configuration and 250 in the

meatier 800 configuration, faithfully reproduces the graphics of the Jules Cluzel and Lorenzo Zanetti motorbike. To certify the originality of each bike,

every F3RC is autographed by both riders, #16 Cluzel on the right side panel and #87 Lorenzo Zanetti on the left
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 09:36:01 AM by Skyguyz »

Offline azguzzirep

• Gaggle Hero
  • Gratzi Carlo!
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome!
Murphy's  Law sucks!

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
Holy crap batman!

Offline Scud

• Gaggle Hero
Congratulations, it's beautiful.  But don't you want to ride it.... even a little?

When I bought my 2002 Scura just over two years ago, it had been house-art since new - but somebody rode it for about 150 miles. I did the break-in service in 2014.
1989 Moto Guzzi LeMans
2002 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport Scura
2017 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
2017 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX
2020 Yamaha TW200

Wildguzzi.com

twowings

With such an extensive collection and you away from home so extensively, won't you be needing a full-time caretaker/mechanic/exercise rider?

I'm retired without much to do these days...  :evil: :boozing:

Offline Skyguyz

• Hatchling
With such an extensive collection and you away from home so extensively, won't you be needing a full-time caretaker/mechanic/exercise rider?

I'm retired without much to do these days...  :evil: :boozing:

Welllllllllll.....

My GF who likes motorcycles more than I do would put up quite a fight for the rights to being the at home gatekeeper. lol!   :bike-037:

Offline Skyguyz

• Hatchling
Congratulations, it's beautiful.  But don't you want to ride it.... even a little?

When I bought my 2002 Scura just over two years ago, it had been house-art since new - but somebody rode it for about 150 miles. I did the break-in service in 2014.

I do want to ride it but I think if I keep it maintained and serviced to keep it pristine. *I have an MV Agusta F4 and 800 RR Dragster to fill the same style thrill.

Kentktk

That`s cool, Even rarer is someone purchased Leon Camiers 2016 WSBK F4. Here is the story.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/16-general-talk/203961-purchase-leon-camiers-2016-wsbk.html

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
What a pity.
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline Hittman

• New Egg
What a pity.

He's saying its a pity because it was purchased by someone who won't ever ride it and it'll sit in the corner collecting dust. It's a motorcycle. Just ride the damn thing.

Offline Skyguyz

• Hatchling
He's saying its a pity because it was purchased by someone who won't ever ride it and it'll sit in the corner collecting dust. It's a motorcycle. Just ride the damn thing.

Point taken but.....

In order to derive pleasure from something it is in the interest of the owner to decide. If I were to wish to derive pleasure from the thill of speed,

My F4 is more than capable. If I wish to experience the visceral feeling of the MV Agusta 800 3 cylinder, I have the Brutale 800 Dragster RR. So is it not

ok to simply enjoy the craftsmanship of the 800 RC? If I were to want to ride it someday, I would not hesitate. That may and probably will come someday

but for now the thrill in the ownership and the preservation of a rare and limited production 2 wheel Italian art is akin to looking at the Trevi fountains

....with a smile.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 11:46:20 PM by Skyguyz »

Kentktk

Where you going to ride a current WSBK anyway. Seems more like Jealousy

Kentktk

Point taken but.....

In order to derive pleasure from something it is in the interest of the owner to decide. If I were to wish to derive pleasure from the thill of speed,

My F4 is more than capable. If I wish to experience the visceral feeling of the MV Agusta 800 3 cylinder, I have the Brutale 800 Dragster RR. So is it not

ok to simply enjoy the craftsmanship of the 800 RC? If I were to want to ride it someday, I would not hesitate. That may and probably will come someday

but for now the thrill in the ownership and the preservation of a rare and limited production 2 wheel Italian art is akin to looking at the Trevi fountains

....with a smile.

He is referring more to the Camiers`s F4 WSBK bike than the F3RC. Very different animals and there are only 1 or 2 WSBK F4`s. The F4 will be worth many times over what the F3RC could ever hope to be.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 12:09:47 AM by Kentktk »

Offline jacksonracingcomau

• Gaggle Hero
Absolutely-- your dosh, may be a wise investment, time will tell that, as art to appreciate of course it's your call.

But this bit has me concerned

2017 MV AGUSTA 800 REPARTO CORSE
handmade in Italy - 250 built worldwide - only one coming to Nevada.

Bizarre proposition
One handmade in Italy, the other 249 built in other places around the world ?
Hope you get the Italian one.

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Absolutely-- your dosh, may be a wise investment, time will tell that, as art to appreciate of course it's your call.

But this bit has me concerned
Bizarre proposition
One handmade in Italy, the other 249 built in other places around the world ?
Hope you get the Italian one.
The point of whether it's Sky's money or not isn't the topic. He's got himself cashed up and attracts nice things...clearly,( and some have wheels... ) I wouldn't call anyone jealous, but some may be envious. Feel free to respond Sky, but, if you owned Baron von Richtoffen's Fokker, and it was airworthy, would you fly it ? Probably once for the giggle, then display it. As a plane it's probably garbage, but holds an intrinsic value that can't be measured. You pay for them every time you've been sweating like a whore in a church, doing a check ride with an instructor when your career can hinge on it.  If you want a home full of toys, you don't owe a debt to anyone to ride them. We all own motorbikes for enjoyment and that's pretty much the only reason 'cos they're not economical in any way, so if that's where your enjoyment is derived then it's no bloody different than a Mk 1 Le Mans or similar. The Mk 1 is as rough as guts but people want them 'cos..... they're a Mk 1 !!! I also don't buy the argument that you need an ego boost, when you're able to strap on a B 737 in the left seat and advance the levers...That'd do it for me. Congrats !
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 02:26:21 AM by Huzo »

Offline Skyguyz

• Hatchling
The point of whether it's Sky's money or not isn't the topic. He's got himself cashed up and attracts nice things...(clearly) and some have wheels...  I wouldn't call anyone jealous, but some may be envious. Feel free to respond Sky, but, if you owned Baron von Richtoffen's Fokker, and it was airworthy, would you fly it ? Probably once for the giggle, then display it. As a plane it's probably garbage, but holds an intrinsic value that can't be measured. If you want a home full of toys, you don't owe a debt to anyone to ride them. We all own motorbikes for enjoyment and that's pretty much the only reason 'cos they're not economical in any way, so if that's where your enjoyment is derived then it's no bloody different than a Mk 1 Le Mans or sumilar. I also don't buy the argument that you need an ego boost, when you're able to strap on a B 737 in the left seat and advance the levers...That'd do it for me. Congrats !

Huzo,

Thank you for the nice words....Really.

I truly get enjoyment out of sharing what I have with others. The fact that I have received such nice comments as to my "Collections" and that only peaks my interest in sharing more. Is it possible to "Overshare?" Yes it is. I think that may be a chink in my armor. I have never taken my position in life for granted and I still look forward to going to work. The Moto Guzzi crowd here have been nothing short of fabulous and if any one of you stop by, we will for sure take a few  of the bikes out for a cruise. The bikes in my garage are for riding and are ready to go!

As far as the MV F3 RC is concerned, yes, it may be like a Richtoffen's Fokker in a manner of speaking. As a Pilot that has flown for all my adult life, I have always gone by the creed of know your level of expertise. The F3 RC in my hands will never be ridden to the level that it is capable of but when it does get a leg thrown over it, it will be an absolute thrill!

And yes, you are right when I add takeoff thrust in my jet there are no egos, only myself, my Crew and many "Earth Loving Bipeds" wanting to go for an airplane ride.

Sky

*Death Valley, 2013. Just bought the F4 in California. 2 day ride to Vegas...Yippe-yi-yay!

Offline tris

• Gaggle Hero
I'm not a plastic fantastic sports bike fan but there are only 2 bikes I'd hang on the wall - one would be a Ducati 998 and the other a MV Augusta F4.

So I do see where you're coming from Sky with the F3

Motorcycles are quite unique in that they can look beautiful plus they move and can be hung on a wall.

That's a somewhat bastardised quote of something I heard Indian Larry say on a TV program once that has always stuck with me

2017 V9 Roamer
2005 Breva 1100 (non ABS) "Bruno" - now sold
1995 Cali 1100 - carby   "Dino" -now sold
1993 TW125 "POS" - Resting

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
I had an MV Agusta F4 SPR for a while here in Oz. It was great for what I wanted it for (draw you own conclusions). Now I've never had the "I wants" less, but each to his own... Hey Sky, with 600 power hours and 1,000 as a gliding instructor, if I had to fly a B 737 on stick and rudder alone, with no auto inputs (imagine why), and you knew the speeds for correct approach and over the "fence" flight, and two way radio, Stall speeds etc. Always wondered, how much chance would a back yarder like me or similar, have of getting on the deck and stopped with speed by attitude and aiming point by power manipulations. That is correct flap and flight by basic principles. I've been told the rate of roll is similar to a 25 metre span glider. Any comments ?? (Be brutally honest) Oh, and BTW, I meant without killing everybody...!!!?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 03:01:38 AM by Huzo »

Offline Skyguyz

• Hatchling
I had an MV Agusta F4 SPR for a while here in Oz. It was great for what I wanted it for (draw you own conclusions). Now I've never had the "I wants" less, but each to his own... Hey Sky, with 800 power hours and 2,000 as a gliding instructor, if I had to fly a B 737 on stick and rudder with no auto inputs (imagine why), and you knew the speeds for correct approach and over the "fence" flight, and two way radio, Stall speeds etc. Always wondered, how much chance would a back yarder like me or similar, have of getting on the deck and stopped with speed by attitude and aiming point by power manipulations. That is correct flap and flight by basic principles. I've been told the rate of roll is similar to a 25 metre span glider. Any comments ?? (Be brutally honest) Oh, and BTW, I meant without killing everybody...!!!?

Huzo,

The B-737 is simply an airplane. We always fly it in "Glider mode" (idle thrust) during descent so you still have to fly it using basic stick & rudder. You being a Glider Pilot will have a huge advantage over most GA Pilots in that you have to be a good basic airman in a glider to understand the principals of glide ratio, adverse yaw, etc. If you are given a international runway like say Los Angels, (KLAX) I would have no doubt that you could safely land and stop within the runway confines. The biggest challenge would be the high approach speeds and not letting it get too slow with full flaps & slats.
When I transitioned from the B-747 to the B-737 I had to force myself to get closer to the runway before i flared. You might have the opposite challenge.

When Richard Bach wrote a short story about a interesting yet embarising situation, it reminds me to never be complacent in the sky:

Paraphrase:

When 3 Pilots flew light aircraft to a rather short landing strip, the Airline Pilot landed and used up most of the runway to stop. Following him, a Flight Instructor landed and did the same thing and barely stopped his airplane in time. The third Pilot was a student Pilot. Both the Professional Pilots expressed concern that the student Pilot would have too difficult a time stopping his plane on landing.  The student landed the opposite direction as the first two "Professional Pilots" and was able to use very little of the runway and turned off midfield. His comment to the two "Experts" was:
"Hey, Maybe I'm wrong but why did you two guys land downwind?"   :violent1:

The challenge of something simple done incorrectly can have dire consequences. Challenge things more often.

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Huzo,

The B-737 is simply an airplane. We always fly it in "Glider mode" (idle thrust) during descent so you still have to fly it using basic stick & rudder. You being a Glider Pilot will have a huge advantage over most GA Pilots in that you have to be a good basic airman in a glider to understand the principals of glide ratio, adverse yaw, etc. If you are given a international runway like say Los Angels, (KLAX) I would have no doubt that you could safely land and stop within the runway confines. The biggest challenge would be the high approach speeds and not letting it get too slow with full flaps & slats.
When I transitioned from the B-747 to the B-737 I had to force myself to get closer to the runway before i flared. You might have the opposite challenge.

When Richard Bach wrote a short story about a interesting yet embarising situation, it reminds me to never be complacent in the sky:

Paraphrase:

When 3 Pilots flew light aircraft to a rather short landing strip, the Airline Pilot landed and used up most of the runway to stop. Following him, a Flight Instructor landed and did the same thing and barely stopped his airplane in time. The third Pilot was a student Pilot. Both the Professional Pilots expressed concern that the student Pilot would have too difficult a time stopping his plane on landing.  The student landed the opposite direction as the first two "Professional Pilots" and was able to use very little of the runway and turned off midfield. His comment to the two "Experts" was:
"Hey, Maybe I'm wrong but why did you two guys land downwind?"   :violent1:

The challenge of something simple done incorrectly can have dire consequences. Challenge things more often.
Cripes !!!

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
Good for you.  I'm always grateful when I get in someone's "garage" and it turns out there are pristine examples of rare and desirable machinery to view.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

twowings

Jet aircraft are the work of the devil. 

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ

I stayed out of this the first time because at the end of the day it's your stuff and whatever makes you happy etc. etc. etc.

But that's a poor analogy. The only purpose of art like that found in the Trevi fountain IS to look at it. It WAS conceived as art first and foremost, designed for looking and contemplation.

The purpose of a motorcycle (or any other machine) is not necessarily to be preserved in a museum on infinitum only for those to gawk at it and wonder about what might have been. The very purpose of a machine, especially one that ignites such passion is to be ridden.

OK, perhaps in the case of a fountain you might say it was also meant to interact with the viewer through the presentation of water, the action/motion being part of the art.

A fountain, even as one as magnificent as Trevi seems somewhat barren and forsaken when dry and dormant.

And as such you can draw further analogies that would suggest keeping a motorcycle idle even as objet d'art is counter the original intent of said art.

But here's the REAL irony, no matter how well one might think they are taking steps to "preserve" such a museum piece the fact of the matter remains that time and LACK OF USE (lack of circulating lubricants, keeping internal bearing surfaces well coated, seals from drying out, fuel system components from corroding or clogging depending on method of storage etc.) will harm the item one is attempting to preserve. The fact is the march of time will take a toll, quite possibly more of a toll on a machine that sits idle than some moderate/gentle usage on the same said machine.

Of course said usage comes with risk, but so does all life.

No matter, congrats, enjoy....

Kev
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Nick

• Gaggle Hero

in the interest of the owner to decide

Yep!  :thumb:

Great collection BTW  :drool:

Offline Skyguyz

• Hatchling
But here's the REAL irony, no matter how well one might think they are taking steps to "preserve" such a museum piece the fact of the matter remains that time and LACK OF USE (lack of circulating lubricants, keeping internal bearing surfaces well coated, seals from drying out, fuel system components from corroding or clogging depending on method of storage etc.) will harm the item one is attempting to preserve. The fact is the march of time will take a toll, quite possibly more of a toll on a machine that sits idle than some moderate/gentle usage on the same said machine.

I totally agree with what you said.

The "Zero miles" motorcycles/cars that have been stationary objects will as you say be harmed. As a Pilot my whole life I am aware of the internal workings of machines and keeping any machine within acceptable tolorance requires attention. With my bikes, it is imperative that I start and run them at regular intervals. I do ride some more than others but I keep meticulous logs of all fluids, (including old gas) and such about my bikes. The transmissions as well as all the drivelines must be run in order to keep them from degrading. I have a Stationary roller of sorts in my motorcycle shop I use to check components while the bike is secured on my lift. It allows a dynamic observation of the bike, (sans suspension dynamics) to be observed and tweaked.
The 800 RC will be run in this manner. Riding the 800 RC is not out of the question and i should have said that when I posted early on. My bad. The comparison the the Trevi fountains was spur of the moment and perhaps a stretch.

Lets simply celebrate the fact that MV Agusta may be on the rebound and the chance to own a very limited edition MV Agusta should be shared by whomever is fortunate enough to get one. After all, we are all just temporary keepers of material things and sharing them is the essence of ownership.

Sky

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Pedantic arguments of art or maintenance aside, it's all good my friend. ENJOY!   :thumb:

Most of all, RIDE (and FLY) Safe.

Kev
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Nic in Western NYS

• Gaggle Hero
I'm not a plastic fantastic sports bike fan but there are only 2 bikes I'd hang on the wall - one would be a Ducati 998 and the other a MV Agusta F4.

So I do see where you're coming from Sky with the F3

Motorcycles are quite unique in that they can look beautiful plus they move and can be hung on a wall.

That's a somewhat bastardised quote of something I heard Indian Larry say on a TV program once that has always stuck with me
Add a Daytona RS to that short list
'04 Ducati ST4sABS
Fondly remembered Geese: LeMans V, Sport 1100, Centauro, Breva 1100

Offline bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
Sky....  RE; I truly get enjoyment out of sharing what I have with others. The fact that I have received such nice comments as to my "Collections" and that only peaks my interest in sharing more. Is it possible to "Overshare?" Yes it is. I think that may be a chink in my armor. I have never taken my position in life for granted and I still look forward to going to work. The Moto Guzzi crowd here have been nothing short of fabulous and if any one of you stop by, we will for sure take a few  of the bikes out for a cruise. The bikes in my garage are for riding and are ready to go!

I have been waiting for someone else to ask, but since no one has, I guess I will.....
Can you please post some more pictures ...of your Girlfriend?
 You are a very lucky man,she is a beautiful woman! :grin:  :gotpics:
Rick.
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

oldbike54

I have been waiting for someone else to ask, but since no one has, I guess I will.....
Can you please post some more pictures ...of your Girlfriend?
 You are a very lucky man,she is a beautiful woman! :grin:  :gotpics:
Rick.

Memory says it was me who last asked another member to give us more pics of an S.O.  :laugh: Thanks Rick , didn't want anyone to think me greedy  :rolleyes:

Dusty

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here