General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

ConverT

<< < (2/10) > >>

Antietam Classic Cycle:
 :thumb:

Scout63:

--- Quote from: Klinkhammer on October 26, 2021, 12:14:59 PM ---Some progress made.
Got the bike apart and engine out last week and today I disassembled the engine.
Everything seems to be in good, or at least decent shape. Tomorrow I will inspect the engine parts more closely but from what I saw today the only obvious thing was some pitting on the cam followers.
I believe I have everything for the transmission except for the bracket that holds the oil cooler, however Charlie M has very kindly donated one. Thank you!!

I have also decided some more on the build. It will be a 850T look-a-like (green with gold stripes) with twin discs, foot boards and convert transmission. The 850T looks has really grown on me, it’s a no-nonsense, basic bike, and the plan is that this will be my bike to use around town.
I already have the 850 T parts I need (tool box lids, instrument cluster, triangular crash bars, seat bar, etc). And don’t fear; I will keep the critical Convert parts If I ever change my mind.
I think I will call this one a ConverT.

--- End quote ---

I had the same dilemma Klinkhammer and converted my G5 to a T3 FB lookalike in black.  I’m happy with the look but the stock convert/G5 look grows on me every day.  Either way you’ll have a great ride.

Klinkhammer:

I had the same dilemma Klinkhammer and converted my G5 to a T3 FB lookalike in black.  I’m happy with the look but the stock convert/G5 look grows on me every day.  Either way you’ll have a great ride.

[/quote]

Thats a great looking bike!!

Turin:
I don't think you will be able to fit the 850T toolboxes, as the trans fluid tank sits there on the left hand side.

I think she is beautiful as is. The black and white is classy, like it's wearing a tuxedo. If it were mine, I'd get rid of the wind screen and fine some black side cases.

Klinkhammer:

--- Quote from: Turin on October 27, 2021, 10:21:09 PM ---I don't think you will be able to fit the 850T toolboxes, as the trans fluid tank sits there on the left hand side.

--- End quote ---

The toolbox will not fit on neither side, I'm just fitting the lids  :wink:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version