Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1077845 times)

Offline scubasimon

• New Egg
hello from singapore!
« Reply #2310 on: March 09, 2017, 01:22:46 AM »
hello everyone!

name: simon

it feels a little strange listing that down and now that i have listed it down, maybe a more traditional introduction  :grin:

i am based in sunny singapore, been living here since 1980. i have twin 16 year old boys who, at the moment, have zero interest in motorcycles. i started driving in 1997 but only started riding a motorcycle in 2009. since then, i have done a week long ride around malaysia with friends every year :wink:

i have had a few motorcycles so far...
1. yamaha tw200 - my first bike...rode around malaysia in 2010 with it. lots of fun. still have it today.
2. cagiva mito eddie lawson 7-speed - rode it a few months to scratch the sport bike itch. sold it quick as shoulders disagreed with the riding posture.
3. honda cb400 ver s - i rode this bike for a number of years before selling it when i bought my first adventure tourer. this bike went on 3 round malaysia trips!
4. honda varadero - my first adventure tourer. my staple touring bike. heavy as hell. stable and smooth. went on 4 round malaysia rides. unfortunately got into accident last month and in workshop now.
5. moto guzzi v7 special 2015 - my dream bike! bought about 3 years ago. love it to the max! completely stock and oh so sexy!

am toying with the idea of a stelvio ntx...if i can find one here with the big tank...and if my right arm heals up well enough for a heavier bike.

thats it for now. looking forward to learning and sharing...and meeting up should providence allow  :thumb:

Offline tririder48

• New Egg
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #2311 on: March 10, 2017, 11:21:17 AM »
Hello,

Glenn Martin

Retired

Lincoln, NE

Current ride is a 2013 Norge GT. The plan is to do the 4 corners of the US this summer. Need to know if anyone has put a Corbin saddle on the 8v Norge and if they are happy with it. So far my only problem has been finding a mouse nest in the air cleaner after it set in the garage last winter and the linkage on the throttle bodies had a little drag but cleaned up OK. Looking forward to a good riding season.

Offline Bucky

• New Egg
« Reply #2312 on: March 11, 2017, 03:21:14 PM »
Todd Nordwig

Age 65

Retired Cerified Registered Nurse Anesthetist

Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin

Been riding since 1970. British iron initially, then BMW's and Goldwings.
Current bikes: 2012 HD Road Glide Ultra, 1998 BMW R1100GS
                      Just resurrected a barn queen 1973 Moto Guzzi Eldorado that sat for 35 years.
                      Bought it 17 years ago not running, hoping to teach myself Moto mechanics in
                      my retirement during the winter. Took me 2 winters to get it done. Finished last month.
         I have been lurking here, GuzziTech and MGNOC for many years. I have always loved Guzzi's
         My only regret is not getting into them sooner. I love them...
         Hope to meet many who post here and other Guzzi forums as I hit the road with the Eldo...

1973 Eldorado

oldbike54

« Reply #2313 on: March 11, 2017, 03:34:05 PM »
 Cool bike Todd  :bow:

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #2313 on: March 11, 2017, 03:34:05 PM »

Offline Bucky

• New Egg
« Reply #2314 on: March 11, 2017, 04:30:33 PM »
Cool bike Todd  :bow:

Dusty

Thanks Dusty.

It was a fun project. Learned a lot. Much help from Greg Bender's site (total rewire with his relays), Gilardoni jugs and pistons, and much more.
Guzzi community is the best.....bar none.

1973 Eldorado

Offline club_c

• 2001 V11 Sport
  • New Egg
« Reply #2315 on: March 11, 2017, 11:28:02 PM »
Hi folks, club_c here from Vancouver BC.  Picked up a non running 2001 V11 Sport and in the process of working that all out.  Looking forward to some excellent advise!!!
There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over.

oldbike54

« Reply #2316 on: March 12, 2017, 12:39:22 AM »
Hi folks, club_c here from Vancouver BC.  Picked up a non running 2001 V11 Sport and in the process of working that all out.  Looking forward to some excellent advise!!!

Good , let us know where you find it  :shocked:

Seriously , welcome .

Dusty

Offline Marty

• New Egg
« Reply #2317 on: March 12, 2017, 08:37:47 AM »
Older rider in Portland ME. On my 3rd (probably last) Guzzi, a 2000 Jackal bought new.

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
Re: hello from singapore!
« Reply #2318 on: March 12, 2017, 06:50:23 PM »
hello everyone!

name: simon

it feels a little strange listing that down and now that i have listed it down, maybe a more traditional introduction  :grin:

i am based in sunny singapore, been living here since 1980. i have twin 16 year old boys who, at the moment, have zero interest in motorcycles. i started driving in 1997 but only started riding a motorcycle in 2009. since then, i have done a week long ride around malaysia with friends every year :wink:

i have had a few motorcycles so far...
1. yamaha tw200 - my first bike...rode around malaysia in 2010 with it. lots of fun. still have it today.
2. cagiva mito eddie lawson 7-speed - rode it a few months to scratch the sport bike itch. sold it quick as shoulders disagreed with the riding posture.
3. honda cb400 ver s - i rode this bike for a number of years before selling it when i bought my first adventure tourer. this bike went on 3 round malaysia trips!
4. honda varadero - my first adventure tourer. my staple touring bike. heavy as hell. stable and smooth. went on 4 round malaysia rides. unfortunately got into accident last month and in workshop now.
5. moto guzzi v7 special 2015 - my dream bike! bought about 3 years ago. love it to the max! completely stock and oh so sexy!

am toying with the idea of a stelvio ntx...if i can find one here with the big tank...and if my right arm heals up well enough for a heavier bike.

thats it for now. looking forward to learning and sharing...and meeting up should providence allow  :thumb:

Welcome Simon. There is another guy from Singapore, Phang, who is on the site. Has at least two Guzzis.
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline Roadrunner

• New Egg
« Reply #2319 on: March 12, 2017, 09:17:33 PM »
Name: Camille

Age? I've been riding motorcycles since about 1975.... :smiley:

Married

Occupation(s): Used to be a 911 Operator and Dispatcher, USFS Firefighter and Lookout, Worked for Digital Equipment Corporation for over 10 years, Intel, then was a teacher for 15 years (that was a quick summary and doesn't include jobs in college, or stint with US Naval Reserve as a CTO).

Retired from teaching about a year ago, and now reinventing myself for fun as an (older than average) Actor.

Motorcycles: Honda CB 360
                    Honda CB 200
                    Yamaha XT250

Sorry, no Guzzi's - yet. (Is that okay in here)?

I've only been riding DS for about 8-9 years....still love street riding, but also need dirt due to our unusual driveway.

Hobbies: Riding, Scuba Diving, competing with dogs in "Flyball" with national group, hiking, paleontology, traveling, and horses (as much as possible). Skiing too, though it's been a while.

I've also lived in Colorado, South Dakota, and Massachusetts - always tend to come back to NM.

Happy for the invitation to be here!  :grin:

oldbike54

« Reply #2320 on: March 12, 2017, 09:20:43 PM »
 Some background you have their Camille  :bow: Welcome to WG , no problem with not having a Guzzi , but the bug will bite  :bike-037:

Dusty

Offline scubasimon

• New Egg
« Reply #2321 on: March 12, 2017, 10:05:40 PM »
Welcome Simon. There is another guy from Singapore, Phang, who is on the site. Has at least two Guzzis.

Thanks Muzz. I have been in touch with Phang. Awesome to be a part of the local and international community [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2322 on: March 13, 2017, 08:24:09 AM »

Worked for Digital Equipment Corporation for over 10 years ...

Oh man, that "sets the date" more than "started riding in 1975 ...".    DEC, volumes of "DECUS Proceedings", Ken Olson, marked-up OS-8 manuals, transition from RT-11 to RSX-11 to 11M to M+ to - and the end of the road ... part of my life for 20 years ....

Welcome!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline bb49

• New Egg
« Reply #2323 on: March 13, 2017, 07:01:13 PM »
Hi Guys, Girls,

Name: Al

Home: Kamloops, BC, Canada

Married

Job:  Not anymore  :grin:

The Bike:  Just purchased a 2007 Norge, 14500 km.  But it's still sitting at the dealers near Vancouver.  That hurts.  And I'm watching the weather forecasts hourly as I've got some mountains to ride through when I bring it home.  And of course Mother Nature is being a b---ch and making life difficult for bikers.
In the meantime, I have my 1800 Gold Wing for sale, and the S.O. is bugging me about the money that's tied up in it.  She wants to travel with that money.  On her own. :sad:

Got to run.  Dinner is ready, but I'll be back.

oldbike54

« Reply #2324 on: March 14, 2017, 12:19:58 AM »
 bb49 , you might be our first member from Kamloops . Welcome .

Dusty

Offline ARGuz

• New Egg
« Reply #2325 on: March 14, 2017, 10:13:13 PM »
Hello...Mike (57) from Arkansas

Have 2 Guzzi's...1966 Stornello 125cc that I am restoring and just bought the 50 year newer anniversary 2016 Stornello.  These are my first Guzzi's.  Was planning on buying the new Triumph Street Scrambler but I love the look and feel of the Stornello.

Hobbies: Family, (marrried 35 years, 3 kids will have 4 the grandchild in April and my youngest daughter and child is getting married in May), motorcycles and restoring vintage bikes, fly fishing, wine.

Looking forward to meeting other Guzzi riders.
Arkansas
2016 Stornello
1966 Stornello
1971 Honda CL100

oldbike54

« Reply #2326 on: March 14, 2017, 10:18:58 PM »
 Mike , are you a member of the Ozark Vintage motorcycle club ? Some of us here have attended the annual event at Bella Vista .

Dusty

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2327 on: March 15, 2017, 09:02:55 AM »

Hobbies: Family, (marrried 35 years, 3 kids will have 4 the grandchild in April and my youngest daughter and child is getting married in May), motorcycles and restoring vintage bikes, fly fishing, wine.

That's a great time of life, as many of us here can attest.

Welcome!

Lannis

Offline asaleo

• New Egg
« Reply #2328 on: March 15, 2017, 12:44:09 PM »
My name is Arne, living in Sweden.
Fell in love with a Moto Guzzi V7 II last year and bought one.
Replacing my BMW R75/5 which I have been running since 1970
My BMW is now resting in the garage, retired as I am.
Driving my Guzzi feels like in the young days. Itīs a pleasure driving a V7 II

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2329 on: March 15, 2017, 01:29:04 PM »
 :thumb:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Ridgerider

• New Egg
« Reply #2330 on: March 16, 2017, 08:16:55 PM »
Hi all!  My name's Peter and I am the proud owner of a new to me 2006 Breva 1100.  I live in Ridgefield, CT.  I am an English teacher. 61 years old.  Let me know if anyone wants to go for a ride.  I'm up for it.

Offline ARGuz

• New Egg
« Reply #2331 on: March 16, 2017, 08:26:52 PM »
Mike , are you a member of the Ozark Vintage motorcycle club ? Some of us here have attended the annual event at Bella Vista .

Dusty

I am not a member but plan to join.  I have gone to the Bella Vista event the past few years.  My buddy that I rebuild bikes with is a member and we take bikes to Bella Vista and also to the Vintage Bike Show at Bikes, Blues, and Barbecue.

Mike
Arkansas
2016 Stornello
1966 Stornello
1971 Honda CL100

oldbike54

« Reply #2332 on: March 16, 2017, 08:33:16 PM »
I am not a member but plan to join.  I have gone to the Bella Vista event the past few years.  My buddy that I rebuild bikes with is a member and we take bikes to Bella Vista and also to the Vintage Bike Show at Bikes, Blues, and Barbecue.

Mike

Hmm , we may have met then  :thumb:

Dusty

Offline roadventure

• Gosling
  • There is no try; There is only do.
« Reply #2333 on: March 17, 2017, 12:25:06 PM »
David Heverin, 59, Mechanical Engineer, Bel Air, Maryland, USA

Motorcycles:
2014 Moto Guzzi California Touring
2009 Yamaha Raider
dave
Millville, DE

"Moto Guzzi....you're never more than 500 miles from your nearest dealer"

Offline Northern Bill

• Hatchling
« Reply #2334 on: March 17, 2017, 06:23:49 PM »
One day in 1978 I walked out of the front door of my apartment and saw a Le Mans. It was the most beautiful bike I had ever seen and from that day on I always wanted one.  With funds being limited (sometimes by buying British bikes) I never got around to buying a Guzzi until about ten years ago when I bought a Mark 4 with the small front wheel. After many dollars spent I turned that bike into a Mk1/cafe racer clone but insurance was so expensive I sold it.  Recently I decided to look for a real Le Mans 1 but was a little dismayed by recent prices. There are a few for sale but they are really expensive. With the realization that a bargain was unlikely, I bought a really nice 1976 T3 with the intention of creating a clone.  I have only had the bike about a month and already I have all the pieces to make the clone. Over the next month I should have it all together and painted.  It is really coming together nicely and the wire wheels give it a nice touch. To avoid any flack I have put 850T3 emblems on the side covers. If it is says T3 on the side I figure people can't accuse me of making a fake. To me it is the look of the bike that is important rather than the fact that it is a genuine MK 1.
Looking forward to joining
Bill
1973 Triumph Adventurer Cafe Racer
1975 T3/Le Mans replica
1987 Honda CBX250 Track Bike
1989 Honda GB500

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2335 on: March 18, 2017, 08:22:18 AM »
One day in 1978 I walked out of the front door of my apartment and saw a Le Mans. It was the most beautiful bike I had ever seen and from that day on I always wanted one.  With funds being limited (sometimes by buying British bikes) I never got around to buying a Guzzi until about ten years ago when I bought a Mark 4 with the small front wheel. After many dollars spent I turned that bike into a Mk1/cafe racer clone but insurance was so expensive I sold it.  Recently I decided to look for a real Le Mans 1 but was a little dismayed by recent prices. There are a few for sale but they are really expensive. With the realization that a bargain was unlikely, I bought a really nice 1976 T3 with the intention of creating a clone.  I have only had the bike about a month and already I have all the pieces to make the clone. Over the next month I should have it all together and painted.  It is really coming together nicely and the wire wheels give it a nice touch. To avoid any flack I have put 850T3 emblems on the side covers. If it is says T3 on the side I figure people can't accuse me of making a fake. To me it is the look of the bike that is important rather than the fact that it is a genuine MK 1.
Bill

I agree 100% with that approach.  Me, I wouldn't even worry about the T3 emblem - you don't owe anyone any explanation for customizing a bike to look exactly like you want it.    As long as you're not trying to sell it under false pretences, who's going to give you any "flack" anyhow?    It's going to be a pretty bike, made according to YOUR needs; that's no one else's business.

Once I get some projects moved through/out of the shop (4 BSAs, 1 Matchless, 1 Triumph, 2 Guzzis), I'm thinking of building a DBD34 Gold Star that probably (thanks to ABSAF and B33 parts) won't have a single "Gold Star" part on it .... !   

Lannis

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2336 on: March 20, 2017, 07:30:02 PM »
Bill

Welcome Bill. we don't care if you put a KZ1000 sticker on the thing!

ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline BOAT

• New Egg
« Reply #2337 on: March 28, 2017, 08:15:18 AM »
My first Guzzi bought from family estate, a 1995 Cal 1100i, last December.
It's been a challenge from the start, as it had not run in many years. You may wonder at my chosen site name "BOAT". That stands for "Break Out Another Thousand". This bike is like a mad love affair, and she took ALL my money. But everytime I ride her she makes me know she's "The One", and I forget the Bonneville that used to be my girl. I hope you understand.

Thanks to Bill, and all you guys who responded to my clutch noise problem (posted by Bill before I was able to sign up).
I think this could get interesting.

BTW I live partly in Eastern Virginia and South Shore Nova Scotia.

oldbike54

« Reply #2338 on: March 28, 2017, 09:46:55 AM »
 So Mr Boat , which part of you lives where ? Isn't that a bit painful ? :laugh:

Dusty

Offline konuso

• New Egg
  • You Essay! You Essay! Is due today!
« Reply #2339 on: April 06, 2017, 12:32:51 AM »
Guess I should have posted here first. I went WOT and my first post was a technical one. 

I'll be 28 in hexadecimal reckoning in about 5 days
(I'll leave the translation to decimal reckoning as an exercise for the reader!)

Given the above statement, you can guess that I work on computers. I work on big ones. They compute fast but don't move fast, so I don't ride them, which makes them boring, but it does pay well, so I shouldn't complain about them.

What else?... My other ride is an 2008 Aprilia Tuono Factory, and I have two unloved Hondas: 1995 CBR 600 F3 (which is a track bike now which looks like the love child of the Jolly Green Giant and... well... a mid '90s ghetto crotch rocket), and a 1999 XR650L that need its engine rebuilt thanks to a piston seizure.

I'm stuck in the Land of Entrapment in a city I call "Santa Fecal" cause it annoys people that "simply love this place" when I call it that. I suppose it's beautiful, the sunsets are nice and the homes are overpriced.

I'll add a shot of my 2008 V7 Crassic (misspelling intentional) as it is now.  I've Guzzied it up a bit :-p

« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 12:40:22 AM by konuso »
I like my ladies as I like my motorcycles:
lightweight and low maintenance.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here