General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

ConverT

<< < (4/10) > >>

Scout63:
The engine looks great. Now the rest of the bike will have to keep up.

Klinkhammer:
The other day I ran in to the first real problem of this build.
I have assembled the engine with new cylinders, pistons, rings and lifters. Mostly new o-rings in the gearbox.
I made a bracket for the dial indicator and tried to dial in the converter. Spent most of the afternoon getting more and more frustrated. Finally I discover that the hub on the converter is oval… about 0.25mm!
Called a workshop specialized in converters for trains and autos and after some persuading, he agreed to see me (and my converter) on friday.
Hopefully he can fix it, otherwise I’m on the market for a good used converter.

Klinkhammer:

45 mm

44.8mm
  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Klinkhammer:
Went to see Dr. Converter this morning.
He was amused by the size (small) and the set up in the gearbox (old-time) and agreed to fix it.
He had a hub that he could use, but as I understand, he will have to open up the whole converter and then weld it back. Then manufacture a new race and drive in. Finally balance it all. Hopefully done in a week or two!

Canuck750:

--- Quote from: Klinkhammer on February 04, 2022, 09:27:06 AM ---Went to see Dr. Converter this morning.
He was amused by the size (small) and the set up in the gearbox (old-time) and agreed to fix it.
He had a hub that he could use, but as I understand, he will have to open up the whole converter and then weld it back. Then manufacture a new race and drive in. Finally balance it all. Hopefully done in a week or two!

--- End quote ---

Wow, that s a lot of work, 'Dr. Converter' has some impressive skills!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version