Author Topic: High electric bill? NGC naturally  (Read 1788 times)

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
Re: High electric bill? NGC naturally
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2021, 03:53:01 PM »
Hmm. Much of it is covered by drywall.

Interesting.  Most ductwork runs in the attic space or crawlspace. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2021, 03:58:29 PM »
Interesting.  Most ductwork runs in the attic space or crawlspace. 
We have a finished basement.

Fortunately the whole state is solar cooled/heated.   :thumb:
When you think about it, the planet is totally solar powered.  :smiley: We just need to use some of it. There is 1 gigawatt of solar energy available per square km..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2021, 04:42:17 PM »
Y'ep but sometimes the thermostat seems to get stuck on the wrong temp. in some parts of the world. 😳

The electric company is now pushing for everyone with solar panels to buy the back-up batteries.  They want the homeowners to store juice so that when the grid is under high usage, they'll be able to pull from your system when needed. 🙄
Supposedly they pay the home owner for the kilowatts used.  :grin: :grin: :grin:  The homeowner foots the bill for the unit & installation.   :grin: :grin: :grin:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline leroysch

• Gosling
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2021, 07:12:11 PM »
5G deployed in your area recently? (:evil:)
'88 FLST
'95 Ducati 916
'04 V11 LeMans
'06 FLHX
'09 Buell 1125R
'17 BMW R Nine T
'19 H2 SX SE+
'22 Pan America

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2021, 07:12:11 PM »

Offline guzziart

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2021, 10:09:57 AM »
So, a few years ago we got an electric bill that was $40 more than what I'm used to paying.  I figured the increase was due to a/c use or the wife doing too much laundry and left it at that.  The following month the bill was double the previous month.  I told my wife to quit running the electric dryer so much, only run it with a full load.  The 3rd month the bill was almost double the last months.  Well, now I couldn't honestly blame the high energy consumption on wife's laundry habit so, I started looking for a draw.   It took me a whole 10 minutes to figure out where my energy use problem was.  Apparently our well pump failed to a point where its water pressure output was not high enough to trigger the pressure cut-off switch and consequently ran all the time.  A new well pump, check valve & pressure cut-off switch returned my monthly bill to normal.  And, I'm glad I'm not married to a vindictive woman. :grin:
'71 CB350, '72 Eldo, '72 CL350, '81 CB125s, '87 LMIVSE, '91 CT70, '03 V11 Lemans, '08 Wing  ('12 Wee Strom - R.I.P.)

Offline Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2021, 10:53:16 AM »
I had the very same issue. 30 year old pump couldn't maintain enough pressure to trip the pressure switch.
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Online bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2021, 11:15:47 AM »
I have a 2100sq/ft "adobe " home in Arizona and even though the temperatures have been very high, we can keep the house nice and cool, and we only pay $80.  a month or less for electricity. I have all LED lights, and use an evaporative cooler for cooling.
The walls of the house are almost a foot thick, made of burnt adobe brick, from Mexico. It was built in 1956. what helped the most was convincing my wife to use our solar clothes dryer! :laugh:
Rick.
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2021, 12:28:22 PM »
I have a 2100sq/ft "adobe " home in Arizona and even though the temperatures have been very high, we can keep the house nice and cool, and we only pay $80.  a month or less for electricity. I have all LED lights, and use an evaporative cooler for cooling.
The walls of the house are almost a foot thick, made of burnt adobe brick, from Mexico. It was built in 1956. what helped the most was convincing my wife to use our solar clothes dryer! :laugh:
Rick.

I prefer to dry clothes in the shade.  Cuts down on UV fading.  If you have low humidity, which you do, you don't need them in the direct sunlight. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2021, 02:48:22 PM »
Switch to a different electric supplier with lower kWh cost? Mine is locked in at 6.550 cents/kWh until May of 2022. I keep getting offers that will "save me money" at 9+ cents/kWh.  :grin:
Charlie

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2021, 07:08:54 PM »
Switch to a different electric supplier with lower kWh cost? Mine is locked in at 6.550 cents/kWh until May of 2022. I keep getting offers that will "save me money" at 9+ cents/kWh.  :grin:

We have two choices.
(1) Indiana/Michigan
(2) None.
 :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2021, 07:22:00 PM »
We have two choices.
(1) Indiana/Michigan
(2) None.
 :smiley:

Bummer.
Charlie

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here