General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

1969 Ducati Monza 250 after 45 year sleep

<< < (2/3) > >>

chuck peterson:
As usual I’m doing last things first..new shoes and clean, clean, clean

Fresh 6volt battery and charger…things are waking up …

Headlight works!
Taillight works! No brake light, hmmmmm

Turns out the brake light not working leaves the ignition OFF…

The beautiful horn ($175) is rusted and broken…if the horn doesn’t work the brake light won’t work….i  t h i n k…never been much of an electrician

The headlight ring has a stripped screw holding it on….probably will have drill that out to get into the headlight

Purchased:
3m Stainless polish and cleaner
6 volt 13 amp battery
Battery Tender 6 v 1.25 amp
Two trials tires w knooblies, cuz i just wanted to say, “Knooblies..”

I’ll walk into the garage and pick a spot to futz.

Light oil into the cylinder, fresh oil in the motor and i just keep kicking it over w the plug out to spread it around, hopefully making the rings loose

Great fun

Chuck in Indiana:
Man, what a nice project. It looks pretty complete to the untrained eye, and that is the sort of thing I really like.  :thumb:

chuck peterson:
Mr Mullendore, thanks! Linked to a VAPE Co that makes replacement electronic charging and ignition systems..w a solution for this model

https://www.vape.eu/en/ducati-100-250-orig-rotor-117mm

Antietam Classic Cycle:

--- Quote from: chuck peterson on November 20, 2021, 06:27:16 AM ---Mr Mullendore, thanks! Linked to a VAPE Co that makes replacement electronic charging and ignition systems..w a solution for this model

https://www.vape.eu/en/ducati-100-250-orig-rotor-117mm

--- End quote ---

You're welcome.  :azn:

chuck peterson:
My one goal for today was to drill out the stuck headlight screw to peek inside the 50 yr old headlight…w/o exceeding the limit on scratch marks on an irreplaceable unobtainable headlight ring.

Success! Not bad for an amateur..i can live w that

Lots of thingees to fix inside, corrosion to kill, continuity to be found

Now if I’m smart I’ll stop here for the day, but based on previous experiences I’ll keep going until I break, strip, or mangle something

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version