Author Topic: K&n air filter for Convert  (Read 1854 times)

Offline gearman

• Gaggle Hero
K&n air filter for Convert
« on: August 26, 2017, 12:05:58 PM »
Any body here have  ro642 or mg 2640 filters. The bike had ro642 s and they are all  distorted from being jammed in.The mg2640 looks interesting. It is a 2 into 1 design. They say you can leave the v. stacks.Thanks

Online antmanbee

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: K&n air filter for Convert
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 01:05:18 PM »
I use this setup. I did it on my old Convert and T3 40 years ago and I do it the same way on my Calvin and Jackal.

There is a spring on the inside that I just slip over the velocity stacks and then clamp gently. This is much less expensive than K&Ns.

It is a UNI U-802. You need to carefully cut out the other end of the sock so both are open and buy another hose clamp to make it work. Oil lightly.

Offline chuck peterson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 01:15:12 PM »
Velocity stacks are a touch too large. Solution is to turn down the outside to make a snug fit, and it saves the Venturi on the inside of the stack.
"I'd like to thank all my friends who have kept my Guzzi's going, but mostly...TOMB."
150k on Verts
750 Nevada
400f
R5 Yammie
BV250
4x 1976 Moto Demm Smily,, now 5, oops now 6, oops now 7
1980 SP1000 in little bits and pieces

Offline Idontwantapickle

• Gaggle Hero
  • The rotation of the earth really makes my day.
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 01:58:35 PM »
Any body here have  ro642 or mg 2640 filters. The bike had ro642 s and they are all  distorted from being jammed in.The mg2640 looks interesting. It is a 2 into 1 design. They say you can leave the v. stacks.Thanks

I have one, I'll go put my hands on it. Never used.

Hunter
There is no end to what we can do together.
Sir James Paul McCartney

AMA Charter Life Member

72 Eldo
85 LeMans 1000 Loud, Fast and Red
2007 Norge rivestimento di argento
84 BMW R100RS

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 01:58:35 PM »

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 02:52:09 PM »
The R0642 can be used with the "stacks", I've done it a bunch of times. Just warm the filter, lube it up with some silicone spray and it'll slide up over the unmodifed stack. When it's time to clean them, I don't remove the filter from the stack, I simply unscrew the stack from the carb.

I find the MG2640 filter to be a bit of a PITA to get on and back off for cleaning, even if I warm and lube it.

On my Convert, I used the original "stacks" and the RU2450 K&Ns. Fit nicely and are relatively easy to remove for cleaning.
Charlie

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here