Author Topic: Andreani Cartridges - Calling WCB  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Xlratr

• Gaggle Mentor
  • (ex) Stelvio NTX, '78 Honda 750F2, '97 FXDWG
Andreani Cartridges - Calling WCB
« on: January 05, 2017, 12:22:29 PM »
I've decided to go ahead and order a pair of Andreani cartidges for the Stelvio. Need some advice on best set up, type and quantity of oil etc.
I feel very underqualified when it comes to suspension set up but these things come recommended so I'd like to give it a try. Doug, any tips (or anyone else using Andreanis?)
John
John

I ain't too young to realize, that I ain't too old to try ...

Offline arveno

• Gaggle Hero
    • ddleathers.com
Re: Andreani Cartridges - Calling WCB
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 12:35:52 PM »
The best to know should be Andreani. Have you asked ? he should be able to give you a starting point .

Offline smdl

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 07:17:28 PM »
Subscribed -- I'll be interested to hear of your experiences.  I was considering the Andreanis, but went another direction.

Cheers,
Shaun
'74 Eldorado Civilian
'17 V7 III Stone
'21 Aprilia Tuono 660
'22 V85TT Guardia D'Onore
'22 V85TT Guardia D'Onore (Yep, two)

Offline smdl

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 12:02:25 PM »
Hi, John.

Did you make any progress with this?  I'm interested in how the Andreanis work, as they represent a more reasonably-priced option for our bikes.  I'd also be interested to hear about fork spring options that you are aware of.  I just received my Matris cartridges, as has Paul, and we are looking at options for springs as we are both a little, ahem, heavier that the average Italian test-rider.  Looks like Traxxion can custom-wind some springs, and a local suspension tuner also has some options.

Anyway, interested to hear how it goes for you.

Cheers,
Shaun
'74 Eldorado Civilian
'17 V7 III Stone
'21 Aprilia Tuono 660

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 12:02:25 PM »

Offline Xlratr

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 01:42:36 PM »
I'm ashamed to say, the cartridges are still resting nice and snug in their box! In winter (which is not only cold here but also damp!) I put the bikes in corrosion proof zip up plastic covers. They're still there! I hope within the next month or so they'll be out and the first thing I plan on doing is the cartridge upgrade. Right after that I'll put the Wilbers on the back.
I reckon I'll have the most tricked out Stelvio with less than 40 miles on the clock! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John

Offline smdl

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 01:52:52 PM »
I'm ashamed to say, the cartridges are still resting nice and snug in their box! In winter (which is not only cold here but also damp!) I put the bikes in corrosion proof zip up plastic covers. They're still there! I hope within the next month or so they'll be out and the first thing I plan on doing is the cartridge upgrade. Right after that I'll put the Wilbers on the back.
I reckon I'll have the most tricked out Stelvio with less than 40 miles on the clock! [emoji3]

No need to be ashamed, John.  Winter here in Ontario tends to be VERY cold, and I sometimes let months go by without my even attempting to work in my uninsulated garage!  This year, however, we seem to be getting a bit of a reprieve, and some days have been as high as +8C!  I'm usually somewhat productive as low as -5C, and today is a balmy -2C, so I'm headed out for a while to the garage.  Tomorrow should be up to +2C, so I  might need to break out the shorts and t-shirt in order to avoid heat stroke!   :grin:

Will look forward to your reports when you decide to break the seal on your pristine Stelvio.

Cheers,
Shaun
'74 Eldorado Civilian
'17 V7 III Stone
'21 Aprilia Tuono 660

Offline Xlratr

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 02:05:18 PM »
I don't mind the cold so much, but I HATE damp!! I think I'm in the wrong country to be honest!!

I'll be sure to post a report as soon as I get the suspension done. :-)

John

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here