Author Topic: Buick Tour X  (Read 7781 times)

Offline Murray

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Buick Tour X
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2020, 10:27:36 AM »
Thats what what jumped out at me too. I just replaced both rear wheel bearing hubs with ABS sensors on my 2003 Camry for 190 bucks. This for OE grade. Economy grade was well under 50 bucks each. Mine had been exposed to 15 seasons of rock salt so took more time to take off but still about an hour a side. With no rust its about 20 minutes/side.

Pete

With Toyota as soon as you get away from the fleet vehicles i.e taxi, rentals ubers etc what their parts price sky rocket echo mirror $800, Camry mirror $87 and their 4wd's !@#$ing run away and don't expect the dealer to have any actual stock because they never break down didn't you know.

Offline PeteS

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2020, 11:42:17 AM »
My '07 Tundra sucked but our two Camry's have been pretty cheap to operate. The '03 has 195k and most issues have been due to winter driving in the salt. Mufflers and brakes. I just replaced struts, links and the rear wheel bearings. The bearings were OK but the ABS sensor went and is part of the hub. Engine has just been spark plugs and O2 sensor. My wife's 2012 with 59k has only needed oil and tires.
Most I have repaired myself. Outside of tires/oil I don't think I have spent 3k on repairs.

Pete

Offline jbell

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Some progress
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2020, 12:22:12 AM »
'75 Ducati 860 GT  On the road
'76 Guzzi T3   Future project
'78 Guzzi G5  Current project
'81 Guzzi G5  Organ donor
'92 BMW K75RT  On the road
'16 Triumph Thruxton R  "Holy Moly"  Gone but not forgotten, sigh.

"Be yourself, everyone else is taken".......Oscar Wilde

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here