Author Topic: 2nd Annual Bikes, Burgers, Brats, BS Campout  (Read 6660 times)

Offline nc43bsa

• Gaggle Hero
Re: 2nd Annual Burger/Brat Campout North Georgia/Tennessee area
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2020, 04:22:56 PM »
How far is the Ocoee Dam Deli from your house?

~ 1 hour?
1990 MilleGT

bobrebos

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2020, 10:34:45 AM »

~ 1 hour?

About 30-45 minutes if i remember correctly. 

Offline MMRanch

• MMRanch
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Evil wins if Good Men do Nothing
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2020, 10:24:57 PM »
................... ................... .......

About 2hrs to River road entrance .  Would you be referring to the so called "Dam-Restaurant" ?

MapQuest says : 2.5 hours 

I'd like to attend the camp-out .  You did say FREE-FOOD !   :food:

I'll see if the wife wants to come too ... I know she is going to ask me about the Rest-Room situation and how far from the camp site it is. 

« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 10:50:38 PM by MMRanch »
2016 V7-II Stone
2022 Royal Enfield Meteor Stellar Blue

bobrebos

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2020, 04:29:21 AM »
................... ................... .......

About 2hrs to River road entrance .  Would you be referring to the so called "Dam-Restaurant" ?

MapQuest says : 2.5 hours 

I'd like to attend the camp-out .  You did say FREE-FOOD !   :food:

I'll see if the wife wants to come too ... I know she is going to ask me about the Rest-Room situation and how far from the camp site it is.

The Ocoee Dam Deli address is;
1223 Highway 64
Ocoee, Tennessee 37361-3413

Their Facebook page is:  https://www.facebook.com/ocoeedamdelianddiner/

That is about 30-45 minutes from my place, and I ride slow.

We have two restrooms available that will be sanitized, in the house.  Two showers will be available also, and each user will sanitize the restroom with the available supplies after their use of same.  The house is only about 50 yards from the camping spots, and closer if you camp closer. The firepit is abut 40 yards from the house.  (These are rough estimates)  Your wife is of course more than welcome to come along!  My wife would enjoy the female company!  Maybe Tazio will bring his wife also.  She came last year!  Ride safe.... :bike-037: 

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2020, 04:29:21 AM »

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2020, 06:45:12 AM »
Ha! No "maybe" about it! She'll be there.
Lisa totally hit it off with Peggy!
I suspect they spent a good deal of time talking about goofy husband's that never grew up. :boozing:

Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

bobrebos

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2020, 07:10:20 AM »
Remember...our place is just around the bend!  Hope to see you all for the 2nd Guzzi Bratwurst/Burger weekend campout!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlN_Byy2yvA

bobrebos

Re: Name Change...lol 2nd Annual Bikes, Burgers, Brats, BS Campout
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2020, 02:13:40 PM »
Notice the event name change....lol, and i am just bumping this up to the top somewhat.  Little over a month away.....

Offline zenand

• New Egg
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2020, 06:40:46 AM »
Just over the mountain from you outside of Asheville N.C., will try and ride over on the ratbassador , thanks for putting this on !!!

bobrebos

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2020, 03:32:38 PM »
Ha! No "maybe" about it! She'll be there.
Lisa totally hit it off with Peggy!
I suspect they spent a good deal of time talking about goofy husband's that never grew up. :boozing:

Great!  See you then Tazio. 

bobrebos

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2020, 03:35:26 PM »
Just over the mountain from you outside of Asheville N.C., will try and ride over on the ratbassador , thanks for putting this on !!!

No problem hope you and others can make it and the weather cooperates!  I’m looking forward to meeting new riders and seeing some from last year! 

bobrebos

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2020, 03:42:45 PM »
Get your bikes and your camping gear together.  It’s about a month away only.  Remember... July 10-12th or alternate due to real bad weather/heavy rains/storms will be July 17-19th.

Let’s hope for great weather on 10-12 July!  Who’s all coming to the campout??  Let me know for food planning reasons please.  I’ll put a running list of who’s coming on here.  Thanks. Bob

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2020, 08:14:32 PM »
Get your bikes and your camping gear together.  It’s about a month away only.  Remember... July 10-12th or alternate due to real bad weather/heavy rains/storms will be July 17-19th.

Let’s hope for great weather on 10-12 July!  Who’s all coming to the campout??  Let me know for food planning reasons please.  I’ll put a running list of who’s coming on here.  Thanks. Bob

Planning on being there if it goes on the 10th.  Still no work travel.  Getting a lot done around the property. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

bobrebos

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2020, 05:42:30 AM »
Planning on being there if it goes on the 10th.  Still no work travel.  Getting a lot done around the property.

Great.  Hope weather agrees for the primary dates.  Will you be traveling with truck trailer and bikes?  That’s great you have been getting stuff done around your property.  I have more to do.  Lol.  I’ve been slacking!  Take care and stay safe! 

bobrebos

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2020, 05:52:43 AM »

Any pics of the ratbassador available? 

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2020, 07:17:26 PM »
Great.  Hope weather agrees for the primary dates.  Will you be traveling with truck trailer and bikes?  That’s great you have been getting stuff done around your property.  I have more to do.  Lol.  I’ve been slacking!  Take care and stay safe!

Yes, I will have the V7III in the enclosed trailer I am converting into a rustic toy hauler/camper.  Turning the Guzzi into more of a Cafe style bike so killing my distance ability on the bike.

2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline Ratso88

• Hatchling
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2020, 06:46:13 PM »
Alright, wife sez go!  :thumb:

so, I'll plan some sickation time and do my best to be there.

bobrebos

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2020, 02:47:00 PM »
Alright, wife sez go!  :thumb:

so, I'll plan some sickation time and do my best to be there.

Hope to see you there.  I’m put you done as coming.  Ride safe! 

bobrebos

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2020, 06:02:32 AM »
Bumpity bump.  It’s about 15 days out.  I am now starting to watch the extended weather forecast for the 10-12th.  Hope it’s not storming so I don’t have to put off until the 17th.

Let’s all hope for good weather and reply here if your coming so I get a good count please if you haven’t replied already!  Thanks...Bob

bobrebos

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2020, 02:38:41 PM »
Address is;

219 Poteet Rd. S.E.
Cleveland, Tn 37323

My cell if needdd is (920) 412-zero zero eight eight!

Who’s all coming?

I show; 
Tazio plus 1
Two Wheel Addict
Zenand
Ratso88
and mmranch plus 1

as coming.  Anybody else???
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 07:01:26 AM by bobrebos »

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2020, 10:58:50 AM »
Put me down as a "maybe" but just for the day.  Wife and I just got a contract on our house, so I may be busy packing shit.  I'd love to drop by for a day ride. 

bobrebos

« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2020, 05:59:38 PM »
Put me down as a "maybe" but just for the day.  Wife and I just got a contract on our house, so I may be busy packing shit.  I'd love to drop by for a day ride.

OK.  why did you sell your house if I may ask?  Bob

bobrebos

« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2020, 03:38:57 AM »
UPDATE!

It has been suggested to me that I cancel the weekend get together due to the corona 19 virus.  Do the below listed individuals not feel comfortable in coming because of the virus and do you agree that it should be cancelled or what are your thoughts? 

There are just a few of us so please let me know your thoughts?

I show the following coming so far;

Tazio plus 1 (Saturday evening until Sundy)
Two Wheel Addict
Zenand
Ratso88
and mmranch plus 1

Please reply!   Thank You
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 07:04:37 AM by bobrebos »

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Update/Virus effect on 2nd Annual Bikes, Burgers, Brats, BS Campout
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2020, 06:06:40 AM »
Your call Bob.  If the person suggesting you cancel is someone who doesn't want to be exposed to others and can't stay away, then that is one thing.  If i is someone who is not personally affected by the gathering then that is another thing.

I am socially isolated working from home.  When I do leave the property I practice good hygiene and social distancing, so I doubt I am a carrier.  If someone who is considering coming knows they are a risk, or at risk, then they have to make the right decision for them.
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2020, 06:09:34 AM »
Bob, this just isn't some meet-up outside a restaurant somewhere.
This is YOUR HOME.
Any decision you and your family makes is golden with me..
And THANK YOU for your continued efforts to pull this thing off.

Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

bobrebos

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2020, 06:24:37 AM »
Ive made my decision.  ITS A GO!  If someone is uncomfortable with coming due to the virus, that is their choice.

I hope you all come but it is up to you.  I would appreciate a response as to whether you are coming or not if you haven't responded yet.  Thank You.

Bob

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2020, 06:36:54 AM »
Lisa and I will see y'all there!
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2020, 07:17:39 AM »
I am planning to be there.  Tell Scott I have been practicing.   :boxing:
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2020, 03:09:17 PM »
OK.  why did you sell your house if I may ask?  Bob

It was a "spare" so to speak.  Although I retired, my flight attendant wife was planning to soldier on for Delta for a few more years.  So we kept a small patio home in Woodstock, GA for us (mostly her) to have a place close to Hartsfield Jackson Airport.  Anyway, --19 changed all that, and with Delta offering to pick up health insurance costs until Medicare, she's decide to throw in the towel on the airlines.  So no longer any need for a house in Woodstock, GA. We will retire full time to our home in Dunlap, TN. 

Here's the short version of what my wife went through in 40+ years as a flight attendant:  Started a couple years out of high school with Eastern Airlines.  Went through the Frank Lorenzo years, strike, bankruptcy, layoffs plus one hi-jacking to Cuba. Eastern Airlines shutdown for good in 1991, stranding her in Portland, OR as I recall.

Two years later she was hired by ValueJet.  Went through the Flight 592 crash in 1996, grounding, layoffs, etc.  A year after that she was hired by Northwest Airlines.  September 11th, 2001 and you all know what happened to the airline industry.  She was furloughed for about a year.  In 2005 Northwest Airlines filled for bankruptcy, ending her pension and slashing her pay to what she was making for Eastern 20 years earlier.  In 2008 Northwest merged with the bankrupt Delta Airlines.  In the airline industry, each job change puts you back at the bottom of the seniority list at 1st year pay.  Your experience is worthless.  So anyway, the --19 disruption was the last nail in the coffin, and she's decided it's time to hang it up.  Just in case anyone here has children or grandchildren thinking about a career in the airlines. I always tell people, only half-jokingly... it's not an occupation, it's an illness.

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2020, 03:33:20 PM »
It was a "spare" so to speak.  Although I retired, my flight attendant wife was planning to soldier on for Delta for a few more years.  So we kept a small patio home in Woodstock, GA for us (mostly her) to have a place close to Hartsfield Jackson Airport.  Anyway, --19 changed all that, and with Delta offering to pick up health insurance costs until Medicare, she's decide to throw in the towel on the airlines.  So no longer any need for a house in Woodstock, GA. We will retire full time to our home in Dunlap, TN. 

Here's the short version of what my wife went through in 40+ years as a flight attendant:  Started a couple years out of high school with Eastern Airlines.  Went through the Frank Lorenzo years, strike, bankruptcy, layoffs plus one hi-jacking to Cuba. Eastern Airlines shutdown for good in 1991, stranding her in Portland, OR as I recall.

Two years later she was hired by ValueJet.  Went through the Flight 592 crash in 1996, grounding, layoffs, etc.  A year after that she was hired by Northwest Airlines.  September 11th, 2001 and you all know what happened to the airline industry.  She was furloughed for about a year.  In 2005 Northwest Airlines filled for bankruptcy, ending her pension and slashing her pay to what she was making for Eastern 20 years earlier.  In 2008 Northwest merged with the bankrupt Delta Airlines.  In the airline industry, each job change puts you back at the bottom of the seniority list at 1st year pay.  Your experience is worthless.  So anyway, the --19 disruption was the last nail in the coffin, and she's decided it's time to hang it up.  Just in case anyone here has children or grandchildren thinking about a career in the airlines. I always tell people, only half-jokingly... it's not an occupation, it's an illness.

Wow,  surprised she hung in their all those years and didn't just find something else to do.  Dunlap?  Did I hear that before?  Not sure.  My sister lives there.  Great roads around the mountainsides of that valley. 
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2020, 04:32:02 PM »
Yes, a lot of good riding around here. I have several long 200+ mile loops that go up through Rock Island (TN), and around Center Hill Lake.  Others over through Monterrey, Clarkrange and the Devils Triangle at Oliver Springs.  Good stuff.  Although I guess we're off topic...oops.  I hope to be able to ride down for the day and have lunch among colleagues a bit, if nothing else.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 04:48:20 PM by Motormike »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here