Author Topic: Cali 1400 Touring Tank Bag Suggestion  (Read 621 times)

Online ff73148

• New Egg
Cali 1400 Touring Tank Bag Suggestion
« on: July 31, 2021, 04:36:10 PM »
Can I get a suggestion for a tank bag for my 1400 touring. There must be something out there other that the MG bags. Thanks.
Frank Ferrante
2016 Eldorado
2022 Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Cali 1400 Touring Tank Bag Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 05:50:16 PM »
I love my magnetic tank bag , you just need to be aware that they can scratch the paint if you're not vigilant about keeping both the magnet pads and the tank itself really clean.  I don't loose any sleep about it. I once set the bag down on a metal patio chair and the magnets picked up metal filings that must have been left by the machinist that had lunch there before us. Scratched up the tank a bit before I caught it. I kind of like the patina now as it reminds me of the  trip we were when it happened. I'll get a pic of it for you. The other plus is, I have a couple of bikes with metal tanks and It can swap locations in a snap, They are a must have IMHO.

Offline Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 06:33:08 PM »
I have a Fly medium bag on my Audace. They economically priced, hold a lot especially when expanded.

It has magnets and straps for mounting. I use the magnets and the straps because I sometimes put heavy objects in it.  These pictures show how I did it as there is really no great way to use the front straps. I scratched my tank as well probably in the same way.

kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Online kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 07:34:58 PM »
I had a magnetic tank bag on a 2017 California 1400 tour .  Even with duct tape over the magnets on the bag, it still left imprints in the tank paint that had to be first sanded, and then polished out.  Soft paint, I guess.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 07:34:58 PM »

Offline Indypikes

• New Egg
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 12:53:00 AM »
While I'm not a big fan of tank bags this Givi 20 Liter comes in handy for trips to the grocery store, touring, etc. It requires a tank bra that stays affixed to the tank but clips off easily for toting around and comes with a nice shoulder strap. Although it's large it's very secure and not obtrusive when riding. Again, I'm not overly keen on the looks but it's of good quality and very functional.

Scott in Chicagoland

*2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
*2014 Honda CB1100
*2012 Kawasaki Versys 650
*2001 Triumph Bonneville
*1978 Honda CB400A Hondamatic

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here