Author Topic: changing eldo fork oil  (Read 71 times)

Offline ray bear

• Gosling
changing eldo fork oil
« on: Today at 04:07:08 AM »
have often wondered how to make changing fork oil on my 73 Eldorado with police dash easier  I  always drain the oil and refill with a measured amount through the drain plug with a syringe and have thought about installing a brake bleeder nipple to the drain hole to make it less messy but has anyone drilled the 6mm holes in the top nut all the way through and just removed the 6mm allen bolt that secures the dash to refill  with a syringe . Thanks Ray
73 V7 sport
73 Eldo police special
68 BSA rocket 3
74 Norton Commando
78 Honda CBX 1000
47 HRD vincent Rapide
XT 500 Yamaha
76 Convert
84 FLHX limited edition electra glide

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Re: changing eldo fork oil
« Reply #1 on: Today at 08:31:28 AM »
I just raise the dash, remove the 36 mm hex plug and fill. Filling with a syringe from either end sounds like way more trouble. BTW, I use 8 oz./240 cc vs. the factory recommended 5.4 oz./160 cc.
Charlie

Online normzone

• Gaggle Hero
  • '72 Eldo - 1980 to 1990 - '99 Bassa 2014 - 2023
« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:00:02 PM »
I just raise the dash, remove the 36 mm hex plug and fill. Filling with a syringe from either end sounds like way more trouble. BTW, I use 8 oz./240 cc vs. the factory recommended 5.4 oz./160 cc.

It's been many years since I owned an Eldo, but I recall my mentor saying some people used automotive ATF in their forks to save money (Guzzi content, also young with no money). I tried it once, and wound up with a rigid front end, and had to go buy actual fork oil, which I recall as being very light weight.

(Oil thread) Question - What is the fluid of choice these days?
That's the combustion chamber of the turbo shaft. It is supposed to be on fire. You just don't usually see it but the case and fairing fell off.

Online jcctx

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:15:49 PM »
Probably more bikes with atf in the forks than any of us could count???

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:15:49 PM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here