Author Topic: Update on aftermarket alloy tanks  (Read 2907 times)

Offline NCAmother

• Guzzi Mentor
    • NathanAppel (NSFW)
Update on aftermarket alloy tanks
« on: January 22, 2015, 12:06:52 PM »
I just got an email from Tab Classics, their prices for a tank are 400 pounds +80 pounds for an aero filler cap (30 pounds for monza style) , shipping is 100 pounds to the US (so for what I want is 580 pounds or $900 shipped for a sweet tank).  Expected turnaround times are 6 weeks + or -  Haven't heard from the tank shop or alutank.de, but a member contacted me and gave rave reviews on the tank shop.  I checked US builder Evan Wilcox's site, and his site quotes $1300+    All three builders have awesome looking tanks, I will keep you up to date when I get info from the other builders.  PS, this is for a Tonti frame.  If anyone else has experience, please share as I value all your opinions!
Nate
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 12:10:34 PM by NCAmother »

Online skippy

• Guzzi Mentor
Re: Update on aftermarket alloy tanks
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 06:04:19 PM »
Any idea if any of these shops do a tank for a 1100 Breva? I have considered having an alloy tank done but haven't gone so far as to start looking.

Skippy
06 1100 Breva
20 V85TT

Offline NCAmother

• Guzzi Mentor
    • NathanAppel (NSFW)
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 07:59:13 PM »
Any idea if any of these shops do a tank for a 1100 Breva? I have considered having an alloy tank done but haven't gone so far as to start looking.

Skippy
I'm sure any of these builders could make you a custom tank, it might be slightly more expensive.  A member here showed me his tank on his V11, it was beautiful, it was made by the tank shop

Offline flip

• Guzzi Hero
  • 2016 Aprilia Caponord 1200, 2008 Aprilia Shiver
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 09:30:09 PM »

Skippy
\

That could be very interesting! Some of the "unique" styling touches on the stock tank could be cleaned up. I'd love to see one and I think I would like to have one on my Breva but I know I'm just too cheap to make it happen.
North Carolina

Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 09:30:09 PM »

MtnRider

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 11:23:16 AM »
Hi Nate....I had Evan take some dents out of my V7 Sport tank and got to hang out with him for a while.  Amazing workmanship is saying it lightly and I am lucky as I live within an hour of him.  I have no other comparision and am somewhat jaded as he is a "neighbor" and just a nice guy.

Offline NCAmother

• Guzzi Mentor
    • NathanAppel (NSFW)
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 11:30:53 AM »
Hi Nate....I had Evan take some dents out of my V7 Sport tank and got to hang out with him for a while.  Amazing workmanship is saying it lightly and I am lucky as I live within an hour of him.  I have no other comparision and am somewhat jaded as he is a "neighbor" and just a nice guy.
Yeah, one of the things I got off the site was a sense of pride, plus how many different styles he builds

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 11:54:55 PM »
\

That could be very interesting! Some of the "unique" styling touches on the stock tank could be cleaned up. I'd love to see one and I think I would like to have one on my Breva but I know I'm just too cheap to make it happen.

Then why did you even post here?  :D

Harper's Moto Guzzi : Go Ride , Break Parts, Call me!
Harper's Moto Guzzi. Where we still answer the phone, use the highest quality parts, and also do Transmission, rear drive, and carb rebuilds fast. Call us at 816.697.3411 and get your problems resolved.
http://www.harpermoto.com
Advertise Here