Author Topic: Ewan McGreggor to take south american tour, Long way down style, but on Guzzis  (Read 6333 times)

Doppelgaenger

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 01:52:11 AM by Doppelgaenger »

Moto

This is pretty huge for the brand if it gets the coverage I think it's going to get.

http://www.motorbiketimes.com/news/people/celebrity/ewan-mcgregor-to-embark-on-motorbike-road-trip-with-moto-guzzi-$21385304.htm

I believe the author is trying to say McGregor will only go to the tip of Baja. Not much compared to the tip of South America.  Very poorly written article, though.

Moto

Offline jackson

• Gaggle Hero
This will greatly raise the general public's awareness of Moto Guzzi.  Dealers will definitely sell more bikes.
NO longer can ride

oldbike54

I believe the author is trying to say McGregor will only go to the tip of Baja. Not much compared to the tip of South America.  Very poorly written article, though.

Moto

The Baja trip is a warm up for a longer trip to Tierra Del Fuego . One question , has McGregor made a movie since Star Wars ? Maybe I should have been an actor , make a movie , ride motorbikes for a couple of years , repeat .

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

Offline arveno

• Gaggle Hero
    • ddleathers.com
FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw why i cannot use any of these new fancy emoticons ?

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw why i cannot use any of these new fancy emoticons ?

You using Chrome?  :evil:  :cool: This is Firefox.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

andrewdonald1

I hope he does it on a Stelvio.

We'll get some pretty good coverage, and then maybe the aftermarket will open up.
That would be cool.

Offline Yeahoo Whoyah

• Gaggle Hero
  • 1971 LAPD Ambassador - 1976 Convert
 One question , has McGregor made a movie since Star Wars ? 

So you didn't see "The Men Who Stare at Goats" or "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen"  Haha
Greg Tillitson
El Dorado Hills Calif.

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
I hope he does it on a Stelvio.

We'll get some pretty good coverage, and then maybe the aftermarket will open up.
That would be cool.

My money says Eldorado.

The aftermarket for Guzzi is not bad, considering the low volume.  The only way to get the aftermarket to open up would be more sales volume, and that's a double-edged sword for Guzzi if done too much, too fast.
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

andrewdonald1

So you didn't see "The Men Who Stare at Goats" or "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen"  Haha

Its pretty easy to google this stuff now-a-days, but see below.
It appears he's a very busy beaver...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000191/

oldbike54

Oops , well yeah "goats" was fun . Only watch about 2 movies a year , not much of an indicator re an actor's workload huh ?

Dusty

andrewdonald1

The aftermarket for Guzzi is not bad, considering the low volume.  The only way to get the aftermarket to open up would be more sales volume, and that's a double-edged sword for Guzzi if done too much, too fast.

I hope it happens and I hope that Guzzi brings it! 
They are amazing great bikes... I personally think that we can't be selfish and we need to share if there is increased demand.
That being said:  who knows? 
I don't even have a clue as to what tomorrow will bring in my life, let alone something a little more bigger in nature as this.

Offline frans belgium

• Gaggle Hero
McGregor has something going with MG which goes way back beyond 2013, as the article suggests.  I recall him passing by on a white Cali back in 2006 or 2007 during the MG days in Mandello (I was there several times,can't remember the exact year).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 04:12:56 AM by frans belgium »
Owned and sold: V65, Nevada, 2xCali, Breva 1100, Norge 8V, Breva 1100 with Squire sidecar
Currently own: V85 TT

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
McGregor has something going with MG which goes way back beyond 2013, as the article suggests.  I recall him passing by on a white Cali back in 2006 or 2007 during the MG days in Mandello (I was there several times,can't remember the exact year).

And he used to ride an 850 LeMans around London 20-years ago.  BIKE magazine did an article on him back in the 1990s with pics of him riding the bike.  He's definitely a Guzzi enthusiast and was a great pick by Piaggio to represent the Guzzi brand.
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

andrewdonald1

And he used to ride an 850 LeMans around London 20-years ago.  BIKE magazine did an article on him back in the 1990s with pics of him riding the bike.  He's definitely a Guzzi enthusiast and was a great pick by Piaggio to represent the Guzzi brand.

I agree.  From his motorcycle movies, he really does appear to be a great down to earth bloke.
Kind of guy I'd hang out with. 
He seems to just have a "cool" nature to him, not forced..its natural.
You can see what he's like just by the scenes of his wife (alone) and his interaction with her. 
She's definitely not what you would consider his speed that he's capable of getting.
She's really genuine, runs at her own pace.. she walks a different path than most... Personally I dig that.
It appears to me that his ego hasn't got the best of him.. he seems to cut right thru that BS and is a guy that could show up at your local coffee house on a Sunday and BS with you about bikes like a normal dude (frankly because he is a normal dude, he just chose to be in the profession of acting.. but that's my point of view).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 08:20:43 AM by andrewdonald1 »

190 Octane

I agree.  From his motorcycle movies, he really does appear to be a great down to earth bloke.
Kind of guy I'd hang out with. 
He seems to just have a "cool" nature to him, not forced..its natural.

I loved it when they were visiting the old Star Wars sets in the desert.  He is having a laugh at not being recognized, even when there is a poster of him hanging on the wall.

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
Has anyone seen this reported elsewhere?  The original source seems a bit sketchy to me.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

andrewdonald1

I loved it when they were visiting the old Star Wars sets in the desert.  He is having a laugh at not being recognized, even when there is a poster of him hanging on the wall.

I did.. that's exactly a good example of what I mean.  It wasn't forced.. I believe its just his nature.

I am not one to put entertainers of any industry on a pedestal. 
He seems to be the kinda of guy I hoped other entertainers could model from.
But once again I don't personally know him so what the heck do I know for sure...

Offline jackson

• Gaggle Hero
Has anyone seen this reported elsewhere?  The original source seems a bit sketchy to me.
A quick Google search shows the story on multiple sites.
Here's just one from a Scottish newspaper/website  (McGregor is from Scotland): http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/ewan-mcgregor-secures-sponsorship-deal-for-south-american-road-trip.128238646
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 01:49:16 PM by jackson »
NO longer can ride

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
That is great news!
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
He is a great, global, Moto Guzzi ambassador! :thumb: :cool:
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here