Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: V85TT fork seal
« Last post by guzzisteve on Today at 08:22:10 PM »
386 for LH, so 1 L should work. Good Luck
General Discussion / Re: electrical connections
« Last post by 1down5up on Today at 07:52:40 PM »
I have used them quite a bit and found them perfectly adequate - key is to ensure you use the right size so there is good contact on the solder ring, i usually give them a sueese with my finders so they make nice contact - and use a small butane torch to heat them up.

when done well they are quite strong.

General Discussion / Re: electrical connections
« Last post by bmc5733946 on Today at 07:35:09 PM »
I have tried them and was not satisfied. The heat required to melt the solder was too much for the heat shrink. The ones I tried were single wall heat shrink, which I am predisposed to dislike because, when I use heat shrink, it is normally to seal a connection. I really wanted to use them because they were clear and any corrosion would then be obvious on visual inspection. The version I tried was available in the early 90s, maybe they've come some distance since then. The ones I tried were supplied by an industrial electrical supply house. Great idea but not quite right for me.

Brian
General Discussion / electrical connections
« Last post by SIR REAL ED on Today at 07:23:51 PM »

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B1PSLWWF?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Has anyone used the solder connectors that have the solder contained inside the clear shrink wrap?

Did you like them or not?

thanks in advance!
General Discussion / Trip insurance
« Last post by Tkelly on Today at 06:49:42 PM »
We are considering the Guzzi tour of Sicily in October,then a trip to Greece for a cruise.Has anyone bought such insurance ,has it been good,what would it cover and would you do it again?
General Discussion / Re: Anyone else listening to Allman Bros these days?
« Last post by Matteo on Today at 06:12:08 PM »
Always have, always will. Blue Skies baby!
General Discussion / Re: V85TT fork seal
« Last post by skippy on Today at 05:43:54 PM »
According to the service manual the right leg takes 467cc which should place the level 129mm below the top of the tube fully compressed with the spring removed.

Skippy
General Discussion / Re: V7 E5 850 rear shocks
« Last post by zZavarivach on Today at 05:20:47 PM »
If I understand correctly, the TT uses a mono shock and yours uses 2 shocks. The mono shock will be too heavy for your bike.

No opinion on what to replace your shocks with except that Ikon are decent shocks and normally a decent price.

Tom

Thanks, that's the kind of opinion I was looking to get back on this subject. I was thinking of optimizing my choice but I guess you are right about the heavy part, IDK.

Regards
General Discussion / Re: Norge Brake wiring connection
« Last post by SemperVee on Today at 05:08:49 PM »

UPDATE*  Once I installed a Diode and redid the permanant  wire connections with Posi Taps all is working as it should!    Gotta love a happy ending.
General Discussion / Re: V85TT Air Filter/Air Box/Fine Dust Intrusion
« Last post by mondtster on Today at 05:07:36 PM »
My airbox allowed dust to bypass the filter. After looking at the airbox design for a while, I don't believe the air filter seal itself is the problem, although a less restrictive filter such as a K&N might help reduce the likelihood of air and dust bypassing the filter. The problem to me appears to be the airbox itself and the way the two halves of it come together. The seal for the two halves is on the clean side of the air filter and it relies on the tabs at the bottom of the air box wedging the two halves together creating a seal. The wedges aren't tight enough to create an adequate seal, but they really can't be tightened either and expect someone to be able to manage to get the two halves of the box snapped together successfully.

I'm not terribly impressed with the design but right now I also haven't thought of any good method of improving on what is there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here