Author Topic: alloy tanks on ebay  (Read 1026 times)

Offline roadron

• New Egg
alloy tanks on ebay
« on: March 09, 2019, 09:44:31 PM »
Curious about these alloy lemans tanks from India on ebay from various companies. Any recommendations ?  I know the ones made in Scotland are good. I had one from Germany 10 years ago that was pretty bad.
83 Lemans café project
98 ducati 900ss final edition
58 bmw sidecar rig

Offline Stevex

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: alloy tanks on ebay
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 05:35:35 AM »
Never heard of anyone buying one, although I've seen them on ebay.
Having seen some documentaries about some of the back street engineering in India, they can do amazing things with very little.
One that stood out was Enfield (I think) fuel tanks being pin stripped by hand...amazing.
I guess its one of those, 'yer pays yer money and take a chance'.

Offline rutgery

• Hatchling
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 04:12:19 PM »
While I don’t have experience with the alloy tanks, I did have a steel lm2 tank from India and the tank was okay for the price but not top notch. The inside liner was terrible and let go very early and the fitment was bad as well.. ( tank was skewed, noticable by eye) needles to say, I bought an Italian repro from TLM. Would recomment to do that the first time
'82 Moto Guzzi G5
'89 V7 Sport replica from a Cali 3

Offline brightonguzzi

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 08:43:00 AM »
I was looking for a new ally tank for my Le Mans as the previous one was damaged.

My first call was to John at the Tank Shop - as documented on here his communication is terrible and I had no reply.

My next call was to TAB11 Classics in Wales, they were very responsive and had tanks in stock.

I carried on my research and couldn't find anyone with anything good to say about the Indian made tanks on eBay.

I eventually had a call from John at the Tank Shop and I'm now the proud owner of one of his fantastically made ally tanks.

Not sure that everyone will enjoy the speed of service that I did but I would suggest that the Tank Shop and TAB11 are the places you should be looking.

Yes, they are both expensive but what price quality?

Le Mans V Special
Moto Guzzi Club GB member 2005

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 08:43:00 AM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here