Author Topic: Stelvio 1200 - broken gearbox output shaft  (Read 2153 times)

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
Re: Stelvio 1200 - broken gearbox output shaft
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2023, 03:24:53 PM »
My Stelvio born in 2008 had exactly the same problem, the broken shaft, I was running at 10 mph when it happened, and then the bike blocked the wheel for a moment and there I was lying in the ground. The blocking was from the then loose part of the shaft locked up against the CARC housing. Almost 3000 euro damage to the bike. I have emailed the Piaggio service department and never heard anything.

Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Download Guzzidiag here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

Online bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2023, 12:19:15 PM »
Thats a really weird failure! Im glad you got it sorted. Lots of work there. :thumb: :bow:
Rick
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

Online Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2023, 12:47:33 PM »
When I worked in a motorcycle rental shop we got a shipment of 15 brand new 175 Hondas. They were great bikes, took a lot of abuse, but one broke a transmission shaft within the first couple of hundred miles. I don't remember if it was the input or output shaft. We started borrowing parts to keep the others going until it was almost a shell. Our main clientele was young zoomies from the next door air force base. They were really rough on the bikes, some of my main tools were an arc welder and and a pry bar.
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here