Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Dirk,

I think it's the weight difference.  The early V7s were much lighter than the successive models.

That 35-40 lbs is something you can feel on bikes like that.  I liked the handling and feel of the 2010 V7 Classic better than later ones which I've owned and ridden.
Update on registering.  Pay Gayle Gutherie using Zelle.  Use 206-218-8982.  Rally pin for first 250 registrations.  This per the latest MGNOC May newsletter.   :boozing:
$100 before June 1, 2024.  $125.00 after June1, 2024.

I don't have Zelle...but will send a check before June 1st.  :boozing: :thumb: :cool: :wink: :smiley:

That's funny because I'm convinced my MKI turns in more quickly and feels more nimble than my MKIII.

Now it's subjective, so I could be bat-shyte crazy but this is based on years or back-to-back riding at this point.

I've mentioned before that the MKI sometimes feels a little twitchy at times because it's so quick to fall in to turns.

Ooo…You encouraged me to check out the specs of the 3 bikes (per the service manuals):

• V7 Classic:
    Weight: 436 lb.
    Rake: 27.5°
    Trail: 5.43 in.
  • V7 II:
    Weight: 436 lb.
    Rake: 27.5°
    Trail: 4.61 in.(due to the adjusted angle of the engine?)
  • V7 III:
    Weight: 470 lb.
    Rake: 26°
    Trail: 4.17 in.

That 5.4+ in. of trail would lead me to believe it would want to go straight more than the others, like a cruiser. I wonder if this might simply be ‘new bike feel’ on my part…or maybe it’s the tire. Who knows. I’m never as smart as I pretend.

Mind you, the engine service manual for the older small blocks has verbiage cautioning us how to handle the antifreeze coolant in our bikes, so take those prankster Italians with a grain of fine Roman salt.
General Discussion / Re: Breva V1100 Fuel Pump
« Last post by guzzisteve on Today at 08:49:20 AM »
:thumb:

I hear all that, but I'm saying I've never found gunk in my own stuff with reasonable care or usage. I never add anything unless it's going to be in storage over the entire winter.

When I've come across crap in other's stuff it's without fail been in conditions that non-E10 would have gunked too.
My Jeep is only thing I use E-10 in and had a stuck injector, it sat all summers for snowbirds from NY going to FL. Fuel rail was full of goo, so been using DurAlt and it flashed lite on dash for O2 twice. It is clean now.
General Discussion / Re: Bought it
« Last post by Huzo on Today at 08:37:52 AM »
Thanks for the help.

I went ahead, even though I could smell burning/hot oil when I got close to the heads.

Three owners in 11,400 miles, with the last one doing just 300, suggests there is something wrong.

So far I’ve discovered a major leak from what appears to be the rocker box breather on the left cylinder.

Will a new clamp fix it, or will I need to pull the tank and replace both.

Thanks.  :-)

I was talking to Peter Roper today and he said you can contact him on
motomoda.roper@gmail.com
He’ll sort your issue.
General Discussion / Re: Still Kicking
« Last post by Tkelly on Today at 08:25:48 AM »
That Harley k bike has to be the coolest looking Harley ever Dave.Elvis first Harley.
P.S.—I just got ahold of a V7 III (470 lb), and while I haven’t ridden for more than two miles yet, I find it feels more nimble than the V7 II (~440 lb). I’m assuming this due to the lessened rake and trail. I MIGHT actually stop whining about the weight (probably not).

That's funny because I'm convinced my MKI turns in more quickly and feels more nimble than my MKIII.

Now it's subjective, so I could be bat-shyte crazy but this is based on years or back-to-back riding at this point.

I've mentioned before that the MKI sometimes feels a little twitchy at times because it's so quick to fall in to turns.

Oh, as for height and all that, I mean, perhaps age/strength is an issue, but Jenn is 5' 4" and doesn't have an issue with our V7III PLUS a passenger.

And I’m 5’ 8”, 150 lb. We may be on the *slightly* smaller end of the demographic, but it’s still within average. Don’t sell yourself short or I reckon many of our (shorter on average) female riders will be playing their tiny violins in concert for you, haha.

Nevertheless, best of luck with your choosing—the small blocks share a LOT in common with one another through the years (ditto with the big blocks), and while I think there is more awareness, knowledge, and support of the internals/tinkerings amongst big block ownership, I wouldn’t count out any Guzzi.

P.S.—I just got ahold of a V7 III (470 lb), and while I haven’t ridden for more than two miles yet, I find it feels more nimble than the V7 II (~440 lb). I’m thinking this may be due to the lessened rake and trail. I MIGHT actually stop whining about the weight (probably not).
Well, the $4k range should buy just about any single throttle body smallblock, and frankly (whether I like it or not) I would think it might buy some early 1TB models too like my 2013 MKI V7 Stone (not that I would sell it, but I've seen others).

The Baby Breva is neat if you're into the riding position. But I'm biased and prefer the 1TB motor for sure.

Oh, as for height and all that, I mean, perhaps age/strength is an issue, but Jenn is 5' 4" and doesn't have an issue with our V7III PLUS a passenger.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here