Author Topic: Update on aftermarket alloy tanks  (Read 3985 times)

Offline NCAmother

• Gaggle Mentor
    • NathanAppel (NSFW)
Update on aftermarket alloy tanks
« on: January 22, 2015, 12:06:52 PM »
I just got an email from Tab Classics, their prices for a tank are 400 pounds +80 pounds for an aero filler cap (30 pounds for monza style) , shipping is 100 pounds to the US (so for what I want is 580 pounds or $900 shipped for a sweet tank).  Expected turnaround times are 6 weeks + or -  Haven't heard from the tank shop or alutank.de, but a member contacted me and gave rave reviews on the tank shop.  I checked US builder Evan Wilcox's site, and his site quotes $1300+    All three builders have awesome looking tanks, I will keep you up to date when I get info from the other builders.  PS, this is for a Tonti frame.  If anyone else has experience, please share as I value all your opinions!
Nate
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 12:10:34 PM by NCAmother »

Online skippy

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: Update on aftermarket alloy tanks
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 06:04:19 PM »
Any idea if any of these shops do a tank for a 1100 Breva? I have considered having an alloy tank done but haven't gone so far as to start looking.

Skippy
23 V100 Mandello
20 V85TT

Offline NCAmother

• Gaggle Mentor
    • NathanAppel (NSFW)
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 07:59:13 PM »
Any idea if any of these shops do a tank for a 1100 Breva? I have considered having an alloy tank done but haven't gone so far as to start looking.

Skippy
I'm sure any of these builders could make you a custom tank, it might be slightly more expensive.  A member here showed me his tank on his V11, it was beautiful, it was made by the tank shop

Offline flip

• Gaggle Hero
  • Aprilia Caponord 1200, Aprilia Shiver, gone MG B11
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 09:30:09 PM »

Skippy
\

That could be very interesting! Some of the "unique" styling touches on the stock tank could be cleaned up. I'd love to see one and I think I would like to have one on my Breva but I know I'm just too cheap to make it happen.
North Carolina

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 09:30:09 PM »

MtnRider

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 11:23:16 AM »
Hi Nate....I had Evan take some dents out of my V7 Sport tank and got to hang out with him for a while.  Amazing workmanship is saying it lightly and I am lucky as I live within an hour of him.  I have no other comparision and am somewhat jaded as he is a "neighbor" and just a nice guy.

Offline NCAmother

• Gaggle Mentor
    • NathanAppel (NSFW)
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 11:30:53 AM »
Hi Nate....I had Evan take some dents out of my V7 Sport tank and got to hang out with him for a while.  Amazing workmanship is saying it lightly and I am lucky as I live within an hour of him.  I have no other comparision and am somewhat jaded as he is a "neighbor" and just a nice guy.
Yeah, one of the things I got off the site was a sense of pride, plus how many different styles he builds

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 11:54:55 PM »
\

That could be very interesting! Some of the "unique" styling touches on the stock tank could be cleaned up. I'd love to see one and I think I would like to have one on my Breva but I know I'm just too cheap to make it happen.

Then why did you even post here?  :D

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here