Author Topic: Job Offer Question-OSHA 30 Certification NGC  (Read 2595 times)

Orange Guzzi

Job Offer Question-OSHA 30 Certification NGC
« on: May 26, 2015, 06:38:19 PM »
I have a neighbor that keeps asking me to come to work for his company.  He said that with my industrial background, I could fill the position if I get certified.  No heavy lifting, no financial record keeping, no P & L obligations.  Safety and safety only supervision as a contractor.  Are any of you folks here certified in OSHA 30 requirements?  Construction and Industrial. Pay, is it good? The neighbor told me $30.00 per hour plus overtime and travel pay. 

Offline Bonafide Bob

• Gosling
Re: Job Offer Question-OSHA 30 Certification NGC
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 07:31:33 PM »
I have a neighbor that keeps asking me to come to work for his company.  He said that with my industrial background, I could fill the position if I get certified.  No heavy lifting, no financial record keeping, no P & L obligations.  Safety and safety only supervision as a contractor.  Are any of you folks here certified in OSHA 30 requirements?  Construction and Industrial. Pay, is it good? The neighbor told me $30.00 per hour plus overtime and travel pay. 

OSHA 30 Hour, is a training course, try googling OSHA 30 Hour to find a class near you. I am qualified to teach both OSHA 10 and 30 hour, but only train people who work for the same company as me.
 I been a Safety Director for years and it has paid me very well over the years.

Bob

We have freedom of speech, as long as we don't say to much.

Orange Guzzi

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 07:40:51 PM »
OSHA 30 Hour, is a training course, try googling OSHA 30 Hour to find a class near you. I am qualified to teach both OSHA 10 and 30 hour, but only train people who work for the same company as me.
 I been a Safety Director for years and it has paid me very well over the years.

Bob

Been there and done that.  I have been pulling/saving websites, class sites and other details together.  Online programs are reasonable, but I would feel much better about my job performance and training if I did it in a classroom setting.   I did not want to go overboard with the training if I was going to end up with a $15 a hour job, walking around in the rain and cold.  I have a lower limit on what I will take to quit being self employed. 

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 08:32:34 PM »

Certainly seems like it's worth pursuing.   Is there no way to find out what the pay really is before you go through the certification?   Surely someone has to interview you, or (if it's through a union) the pay is written down somewhere, so you know what the cost/benefit is?

The certified safety supervisors for the companies I worked for were well paid relative to similar jobs, but it required a lot of travel.   All fully compensated, of course, but you better enjoy airplanes, rental cars, and the continental breakfast at the Hampton Inn!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 08:32:34 PM »

Offline Zoom Zoom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 05:29:20 AM »
Been there and done that.  I have been pulling/saving websites, class sites and other details together.  Online programs are reasonable, but I would feel much better about my job performance and training if I did it in a classroom setting.   I did not want to go overboard with the training if I was going to end up with a $15 a hour job, walking around in the rain and cold.  I have a lower limit on what I will take to quit being self employed. 

Just thinking out loud here, but as long as the training is reasonable, go ahead and take it. That, in and of itself, does not obligate you to that job. If the pay is not up to your expectations afterward then pass.

John Henry

Online jcctx

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 10:49:32 AM »
Sixty K a year as a contractor with no benefits and lots of travel would not appeal to me~ but what do I know, been retired for 15 years??

Online Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 11:22:43 AM »
You can also take the OSHA 30 course online in the comfort of you own home. Last time I checked it was around $300 and you will spend at least 30 hrs. Every segment is timed so there is no cheating.

What we are finding is that the OSHA 30 has no expireation date nor do they have any update/refresher courses but most of our industrial clients are asking that everybody working onsite have OSHA 30 within the last 3 to 5 years.
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2017 V7 III Carbon Dark #0008 of 1921
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here