Author Topic: Tires  (Read 1904 times)

Offline Tkelly

• Gaggle Hero
Tires
« on: August 14, 2015, 10:23:03 AM »
I'm looking for recommendations for 2013 V7 Classic and Stelvio high-mileage tires.

Offline Moto Fugazzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • Waiting on a sign from God, or a nod from hell.
    • Griso
Re: Tires
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 09:40:31 PM »
I prefer the Pirelli sport demons in my V7C. Plenty of posts here about them, if you do a search.
Ken
Ken
2004 V11 Cafe Sport
2009 V7C White
2007 Griso Black-Sold
1978 V50 II Blue-Sold

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 09:46:44 PM »
There are lots of tire choices out there.

I guess you would need to define what "high mileage" is to you, and what kind of performance you're willing to give up, along with what price you're willing to pay.

For higher mileage on the V7, try the Michelin Pilot Activ.

On the Stelvio, do you need off pavement capability?  If not, then some of the latest sport-touring tires will go over 10,000 with the rear. 
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline lorazepam

• Gosling
  • Almost ready for suspenders
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 09:56:32 PM »
I want something that doesn't flat spot when riding in the midwest.  :boozing:

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 09:56:32 PM »

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
    • Borealbreeze Bernese Mountain Dogs
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 10:08:39 PM »
Sport Demon are excellent tires. I only saw 5k km out of the first rear. Got 6k out of the second and changed the front at the same time. i think tire pressure was too low on a loaded trip for the first tire to crap out so soon. I changed the second rear a bit early to keep in sync with the front tires. Moved to Bridgestone  Battlax BT45's late in the season last year.
 Been running them all this summer. Front has close to 8k, just put on the second rear. Expect it to wear out in time to replace both ends with Pirelli Scorpion Trails for next summer. I don't think those ones will last long but I like the idea of traversing kilometers of rough road grading without feeling every input is to correct a stepping out. (something I feel with the Battlax but not so much with the sport demons)
One may write one's destiny but the unknown delivers it.

Doppelgaenger

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 11:10:26 PM »
I tried nearly every tire there was to try out there, roadsmarts, angel STs, battleax 013s... Nothing lasted longer than 5-6000 miles. I always avoided Michelin Pilot Roads for some stupid reason, until now. I currently have PR4s mounted.

I have over 4000 miles on my rear and it's only just starting to show some signs of a flat spot. whereas other sport touring tires would be close to junk by this point.

SO... Pilot road 4s or Angel GTs are your best options for seriously high mileage. They might be worth more money up front, but your cost in dollars per mile is going to be lower than the alternatives and they are absolutely excellent tires to boot.

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
    • Borealbreeze Bernese Mountain Dogs
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 11:20:37 PM »
I tried nearly every tire there was to try out there, roadsmarts, angel STs, battleax 013s... Nothing lasted longer than 5-6000 miles. I always avoided Michelin Pilot Roads for some stupid reason, until now. I currently have PR4s mounted.

I have over 4000 miles on my rear and it's only just starting to show some signs of a flat spot. whereas other sport touring tires would be close to junk by this point.

SO... Pilot road 4s or Angel GTs are your best options for seriously high mileage. They might be worth more money up front, but your cost in dollars per mile is going to be lower than the alternatives and they are absolutely excellent tires to boot.

You are on a Stelvio? I've found the selection for matched tires on my V7 to be 'limited'.  I ride alone. Wish i could pick up a Stelvio if it fell over Would consider packing a short Jack-all if I could find a place to hide it.
One may write one's destiny but the unknown delivers it.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here