Author Topic: Tires  (Read 2043 times)

Online Tkelly

• Gaggle Hero
Tires
« on: August 14, 2015, 10:25:49 AM »
I'm looking for recommendations for 2013 V7 Classic and Stelvio high-mileage tires.

Offline ken farr

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Tires
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 10:37:42 AM »
Shinko.

kjf
ken farr
06 B1100 - click!
Fillmore, Ca.

Offline malik

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 11:00:22 AM »
For my V7 Classic the best wearing tyres have been Avon RoadRider AM26 - front (out of 5 to date)- 55.000km (34,000 miles) , and rear (out of 9) - 19,000 km (12,000 miles). And they've been the best performing as well. Others I've used have been Metzler Lasertec, Pirelli Sport Demon & Bridgestone BT45.

Mal
2010 V7 Classic, 2014 V7 Special
1996 1100 Sport Carb (in NZ), 2004 V11 LeMans (in UK)
Carberry Enfield V-Twin, 2008 Royal Enfield Electra, 2006 RE Electra 535

Offline toma nova

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 11:28:46 AM »
I'm getting ready for new tires on my Stelvio.  Since I'm all on road with no Dakar pretensions, I'm going with Michelin Pilot Road 4s:  Trail version on the front (the only 19" street tire they make) and a regular PR4 on the rear.  I'm not going with a Trail on the rear because the Trails are soft / medium dual compound - great for the front but too soft (not enough mileage) for the rear.  The regular PR4 rear (not GT) is medium / hard dual compound.

I'm less concerned with high-mileage;  8-10k miles would be great for me.  I do want great grip and predictable, smooth turn in.  I've done two track days on the stock Scorpions and they've stuck just fine. The PR4s should be an improvement.

Tom
2014 Stelvio NTX
2008 1200 Sport - sold

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 11:28:46 AM »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 12:29:24 PM »
I'm getting ready for new tires on my Stelvio.  Since I'm all on road with no Dakar pretensions, I'm going with Michelin Pilot Road 4s:  Trail version on the front (the only 19" street tire they make) and a regular PR4 on the rear.  I'm not going with a Trail on the rear because the Trails are soft / medium dual compound - great for the front but too soft (not enough mileage) for the rear.  The regular PR4 rear (not GT) is medium / hard dual compound.

I'm less concerned with high-mileage;  8-10k miles would be great for me.  I do want great grip and predictable, smooth turn in.  I've done two track days on the stock Scorpions and they've stuck just fine. The PR4s should be an improvement.

Tom

That's what I did.  Haven't worn them out yet, but so far so good!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 02:35:00 PM »
Tom...are you up for a ride this weekend...Sunday morning...not too early?  I'm going to be up in The Woodlands Saturday night for a party till a bit late, but could make it back up there by 9 perhaps?

I had just put the Pirelli 4's on a few months ago and love them, in my search I found 2 versions of the rear tire (one for riding two up which I'm doing a fair amount these days) vs. just the standard tire so I bought the extra duty one.  So far, it's been very nice and sticky and honestly I can't tell much difference from the Pirelli 3's I had on before, but I got 12k out of that set and still had some life left, maybe 1-2k more.  They are really great in rain and dry so far!
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 06:45:21 PM »
For the V7, I really like the Michelin Pilot Activ.  I've been getting 10 to 11K miles on the rear; twice that on the front. 

It's a good, sticky, predictable tire. 
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

Offline malik

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 08:02:33 PM »
For the V7, I really like the Michelin Pilot Activ.  I've been getting 10 to 11K miles on the rear; twice that on the front. 

It's a good, sticky, predictable tire.

Definitely worth considering. The PO put a new one of these on the rear of the V7S, and so far, so good and after 8k miles, no sign of wear. I'll be off on a 2,500 mile trip at the end of this month, beginning of next. That should give enough data for comparison.

Mal
2010 V7 Classic, 2014 V7 Special
1996 1100 Sport Carb (in NZ), 2004 V11 LeMans (in UK)
Carberry Enfield V-Twin, 2008 Royal Enfield Electra, 2006 RE Electra 535

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here