Author Topic: Has anyone tried TechnoResearch Software?  (Read 1580 times)

Online Travlr

• Gaggle Hero
Has anyone tried TechnoResearch Software?
« on: April 15, 2019, 08:25:14 AM »
I recently acquired some TechnoResearch software and tuning gear.  I know little about it.  It appears to be HD related.  But was told it works on a Guzzi.  Has anyone used one on their Guzzi?

Mike
1991 Moto Guzzi LeMans 5
1977 BMW R100S

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
Re: Has anyone tried TechnoResearch Software?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 08:46:34 AM »
I recently acquired some TechnoResearch software and tuning gear.  I know little about it.  It appears to be HD related.  But was told it works on a Guzzi.  Has anyone used one on their Guzzi?

Mike

Mike, in 2011 we created Guzzidiag, and give it away for free. Did you never see it here? 
Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Download Guzzidiag here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

Offline flower_king001

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 09:04:54 AM »

Mike

Hi Mike,

I use TechnoResearch software and quite pleased. Which 'box' are you using? The older box or the new Alaris? The box that I use looks like this:

For the most part the software is about the same. Did you purchase the hardware and software direct from TR? And what issues are you having?

Brian
Current Fleet

1971 BMW R90/5
1986 Moto Guzzi Lemans IV 1000
1998 Moto Guzzi 1100 EV
2005 BMW 1200 RT
2007 BMW 1200 GS
2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 10:52:29 AM »
that's the old way of tuning a Guzzi.. Guzzidiag a better choice.. I have the old TR software that I used on the 99-2004 big blocks.... that extra box wasn't needed, that was like a Power commander or something?
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 10:52:29 AM »

Online Travlr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 11:27:21 AM »
I'm aware of Guzzi Diag and a friend has used it to tune my LeMans.

The TechnoResearch stuff came to me from someone who sold his Guzzi. Thought I'd try it out.

It's the older version.

Mike
1991 Moto Guzzi LeMans 5
1977 BMW R100S

Offline flower_king001

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 11:36:04 AM »
Some same GD is better and other prefer TR.

FYI, the box is needed to run the software and hook up cables. It does not stay on the bike and is not a Power Commander

that's the old way of tuning a Guzzi.. Guzzidiag a better choice.. I have the old TR software that I used on the 99-2004 big blocks.... that extra box wasn't needed, that was like a Power commander or something?
Current Fleet

1971 BMW R90/5
1998 Moto Guzzi 1100 EV
2005 BMW 1200 RT
2007 BMW 1200 GS

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 11:55:07 AM »
FYI, the box is needed to run the software and hook up cables. It does not stay on the bike and is not a Power Commander
Ok but I didn't need the box just a cable (USB) into my Mac but I did have to partition and put windows software on the partition to run it, TR does not work on a Mac.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Online Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 11:58:48 AM »
RUN AWAY. RUN AWAY.

I had the original MSDTS from TechnoRipoff. I had to upgrade that to VDSTS for large dollars. I had to pay large dollars to upgrade the serial port cable to a USB cable. I had to later upgrade my parallel port security dongle to a USB dongle for more large dollars. Then I upgraded to a new laptop, and TechnoRipoff had taken the software off of their website. All I had was what I had originally gotten on the CD years back. They told me that the latest version, which I had paid for and upgraded to, was no longer available. They wanted me to invest yet another small fortune in the Centurion software. Yea, my fault for not making a copy from their web site.
The system never worked reliably on any of the laptops I had it on for that matter. Support was non-existent.

I bought the GuzziDiag cables. Donated to GuzziDiag. All is well and I get a lot more features. And I have gotten fast support.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 12:00:19 PM by Wayne Orwig »
Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Offline flower_king001

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 12:35:39 PM »
I have nothing but good things to say about the software and support. I have talked a few times to them on the phone and also did a live hookup as well. Another good friend of  mine in AL (JZ) has been using it for years and would not use anything else.

RUN AWAY. RUN AWAY.

I had the original MSDTS from TechnoRipoff. I had to upgrade that to VDSTS for large dollars. I had to pay large dollars to upgrade the serial port cable to a USB cable. I had to later upgrade my parallel port security dongle to a USB dongle for more large dollars. Then I upgraded to a new laptop, and TechnoRipoff had taken the software off of their website. All I had was what I had originally gotten on the CD years back. They told me that the latest version, which I had paid for and upgraded to, was no longer available. They wanted me to invest yet another small fortune in the Centurion software. Yea, my fault for not making a copy from their web site.
The system never worked reliably on any of the laptops I had it on for that matter. Support was non-existent.

I bought the GuzziDiag cables. Donated to GuzziDiag. All is well and I get a lot more features. And I have gotten fast support.
Current Fleet

1971 BMW R90/5
1998 Moto Guzzi 1100 EV
2005 BMW 1200 RT
2007 BMW 1200 GS

Online Wayne Orwig

• Gaggle Hero
    • Hog Mountain weather
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 05:36:44 PM »
I have nothing but good things to say about the software and support. I have talked a few times to them on the phone and also did a live hookup as well. Another good friend of  mine in AL (JZ) has been using it for years and would not use anything else.

Literally every conversation that I had with them, mainly through email, involved wanting money for this or that. Never helpful.

Scientist have discovered that people will believe anything, if you first say "Scientists have discovered...."

Offline TDF

• Gosling
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 08:26:52 PM »
I used it on my V11 sport to set the fuel trim about 7 or 8 years ago. Worked flawlessly.  Haven't had the need to use it since.

TDF
2000 V11 Sport
2002 MV Agusta F4 750
2000 KTM 640 Duke II
1966 Ducati Sebring 350
1965 Ducati Bronco 125
1958 MDS Super Dart 70
1966 Honda CL77
1949 Ariel VB 600
1983 Husqvarna WR430
1968 BSA 441 Shooting Star
1973 Suzuki TS125
68 & 73 CT90's
Plus a whole herd of parts bikes
Emerald NE

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here