Author Topic: NEW DEALER- Charlotte NC  (Read 820 times)

Offline Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
NEW DEALER- Charlotte NC
« on: June 26, 2019, 09:16:27 AM »
A few months back, Matthews Fun Machines was bought out by another Charlotte area dealer--  I don't think they handled the transition very well and a lot of ppl were upset.

As of this morning, Team Charlotte Motorsports (the guys who bought MFM) announced on Instagram that they have become a Moto Guzzi/Aprillia dealer, and claim to have over 60 in stock across both brands. I assume this means factory training to techs, warranty support, etc...

If anyone is interested, here is their contact info
Team Charlotte Motorsports
3004 Freedom Dr
Charlotte, NC 28208
Phone: 704.394.7301

in related news, I heard at the VA Rally that the Greensboro NC Indian Dealership was dropping MG...  anyone know enough to verify this rumor?  :boxing:
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Offline Trialsman

• Gosling
Re: NEW DEALER- Charlotte NC
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 10:10:25 AM »
I have been in constant contact with Tee Caldwell as I have had the deposit on my bike with Matthews now Team Charlotte.  I posted this up on the V85 thread here and on ADVrider to let people know the progress.  It was not always the decision to pick up Piaggio and it took several months of talks before it happened. I promised not to post anything that would hurt the negotiations during the process.  Credit to Tee to persevere and have them allow him to build a Guzzi section within the corporate structure, which will benefit all of us. If you visit, look him up and tell him I said hi, he will take good care of you.   
My text came Tuesday that my bike was in the shop and uncrated.  I leave this weekend to pick it up, but he has more.

2010 FE570 Husaberg
2019 Alta Redshift EXR
2019 Alta Redshift EXR - clone
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Centenario
2024 Stelvio V100

Offline NC Steve

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 10:11:29 AM »
I also heard that Greensboro Indian had dropped the Guzzi line. Word from other dealers was that they had wanted to leave Guzzi for some time, and were selling off their inventory. In fact, someone posted here that their shop at that time was the lowest priced Guzzi dealer in the US, and they advertised aggressively on eBay as well.

I have a close friend who has done business with Greensboro BMW for years, and that shop was recently bought by Charlotte BMW. He reports that, so far, the transition has proceeded very poorly. Sounds like the same situation and group that you referred to at Matthews Fun Machine.
'16 Triumph T100
Past:
'19 RE Himalayan
'07 Honda ST1300
'00 Jackal,'89 Mille GT,'03 Cali Stone
4 Airheads, '88 K75,'99 BMW R1100R
___________________ ___________
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Mark Twain

Offline Dilliw

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 11:58:57 AM »
I have been in constant contact with Tee Caldwell as I have had the deposit on my bike with Matthews now Team Charlotte.  I posted this up on the V85 thread here and on ADVrider to let people know the progress.  It was not always the decision to pick up Piaggio and it took several months of talks before it happened. I promised not to post anything that would hurt the negotiations during the process.  Credit to Tee to persevere and have them allow him to build a Guzzi section within the corporate structure, which will benefit all of us. If you visit, look him up and tell him I said hi, he will take good care of you.   
My text came Tuesday that my bike was in the shop and uncrated.  I leave this weekend to pick it up, but he has more.

Great news for us in SC and I'll be sure to stop by!

Matthews had a bunch of inventory in the second floor of their shop.  I'm guessing those bikes went to Team Charlotte?

George Westbury
Austin, TX
2003 EVT "The Tank"
2011 Griso SE

L-824 and L-825

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 11:58:57 AM »

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 12:38:53 PM »
A few months back, Matthews Fun Machines was bought out by another Charlotte area dealer--  I don't think they handled the transition very well and a lot of ppl were upset.

As of this morning, Team Charlotte Motorsports (the guys who bought MFM) announced on Instagram that they have become a Moto Guzzi/Aprillia dealer, and claim to have over 60 in stock across both brands. I assume this means factory training to techs, warranty support, etc...

If anyone is interested, here is their contact info
Team Charlotte Motorsports
3004 Freedom Dr
Charlotte, NC 28208
Phone: 704.394.7301

in related news, I heard at the VA Rally that the Greensboro NC Indian Dealership was dropping MG...  anyone know enough to verify this rumor?  :boxing:
The service manager told me last year when I was trying to get assistance from them when my TPS went on the blink, that they couldn’t drop MP quick enough, sooo I figured the writing was in the wall. As far as I’m concerned they were out of business even last year when I attempted to get help from them with my tourer and TPS issue. Thanks to some of the guys here on the forum I got mine fixed and 4K later still doing fine. 👍👍👍

Offline Trialsman

• Gosling
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 01:08:13 PM »
I was there on the Friday before they closed the doors at Matthews.  When Tee called me to tell me the shop was closed, his job was up in the air, and my ordered bike may or may not come about I was most upset and wasn't even back home yet.  The people in the shop and behind the counters had no warning it was coming.  I had even left my riding gear there expecting a later fly-n-ride and it was locked up tight with no access to it.  Eventually Tee was able to get it and take it home with him for safety.  As to your question of inventory it was all moved to the new shop and they have a lot of inventory on the floor for sale.  It was a slow and painful process but the bottom line we have a really good person looking out for our Guzzi interest down there.
2010 FE570 Husaberg
2019 Alta Redshift EXR
2019 Alta Redshift EXR - clone
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Centenario
2024 Stelvio V100

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here