Author Topic: Fun Day at Work Yesterday  (Read 661 times)

Offline BrotherJim

• Gosling
Fun Day at Work Yesterday
« on: April 14, 2019, 02:46:08 PM »
I rode my CalStone to work yesterday, which was really the first opportunity for me to ride it this season after the long, cold winter.  New shocks and steering head bearings have improved the ride and comfort!  I love being able to ride to work when I can.  So my parking space is next to the parking area for our visitors, and as it happens every time I ride the Guzzi, a half-dozen people saunter over to it through the course of the day to have a look and more often than not, a few pictures.  Two people had to find me to talk to me about it.  I overheard a fella with a bar and shield plate on the front of his truck ask one of my employees if that was their "little Sporty" over there.  :laugh:  My mentioning all this is a little ridiculous, I know, as we all know our bikes are cool... at least to us as individuals, but I guess I'm just tickled because I'm proud to have rescued this machine and made it my own, while bringing joy (or confusion) to others at the same time.  Great way to bring in the riding season! 
Short Time Livin'...

'02 Moto Guzzi California Stone

twowings

Re: Fun Day at Work Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 03:19:38 PM »
Yes, it is a good feeling...the oddest people (and by that I mean folks you wouldn't dream of caring about ANY motorcycle) stop me in parking lots and gas stations and wanna talk about the Norge...a couple of different ladies (in minivans, no less) have asked to take a pic of me and the bike...others wish me safe travels and 'I wish I would have done that(years ago, when I had the chance, when the kids left, etc.) when I could have'...you DO meet the weirdest people on a Guzzi!  :laugh:

Offline pebra

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 05:36:32 PM »
Great start on the season!
No wonder the Stone gets attention, it is and looks (and sounds) like a real, serious, no-nonsense motorbike!  :thumb:

Guzzi HTMoto Roadster "Verdina"
2009 Griso 8V "Weißgerät"
Norge-man - introduction #ca 198 shown Guzzi #195

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 05:49:53 PM »
  Two people had to find me to talk to me about it.  I overheard a fella with a bar and shield plate on the front of his truck ask one of my employees if that was their "little Sporty" over there.  :laugh: 

Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 05:49:53 PM »

Offline Roebling3

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 08:33:08 AM »
It's the toss of a coin to decide which side of those conversations is compromised.  R3~

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here