General Category > General Discussion

NGC. Got to see my new Maverick today.

<< < (12/12)

LowRyter:

--- Quote from: blackcat on January 29, 2022, 01:08:24 PM ---I only use it to go to the lumber yard, mulch etc.  The gas gauge isn't working very well and I'm too lazy to fix it so I make sure to put gas in it on every trip.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, when not doing yard work with it, you take the Mrs's to church on Sundays and do only seven quarters of miles in a week at time.

It's a Sunday driver cream puff.   :evil:

sidecarnutz:
Ran an errand today to get a 4 x 8 trailer kit at Northern Tool. The trailer comes in three heavy boxes. The axle box was longest and it had to sit diagonally in the bed. I was impressed it all did fit in the bed and I could close the tailgate! Not bad for a toy truck! About 300# load. Driving home we both noticed how that load made the truck ride much better at the rear. Normally it rides like a cross between a truck and a car. Not too harsh, but firm and well controlled back there. That few hundred weight really smoothed it out!
Makes me think it'll be great on road trips with some great in it. Soon I'll have a nice toy trailer for my toy truck! ;-)

Demar:
I think EV campers will become a thing. They are self-powered and can help the EV tow vehicle and extend range. They have the ability to move without the tow vehicle when parking or setting up camp. They have a lot of surface area for solar panels for charging. I don't know too much about them yet but they sure look interesting. Nice to have them integrated into the EV tow vehicle. By the time I'm ready for one, about 4 years, they should be pretty well vetted. The Maverick is a great candidate for me but the new Chevy Silverado EV looks interesting. It might be a size in between the Ford Lightening and Maverick.

https://insideevs.com/features/489459/travel-camper-companies-what-ev-owners-want/

Silverado EV   https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/chevrolet-silverado-ev-already-has-over-110-000-reservations-on-the-books/ar-AATpQFB?ocid=msedgntp

blackcat:

--- Quote from: LowRyter on January 29, 2022, 09:23:09 PM ---Yeah, when not doing yard work with it, you take the Mrs's to church on Sundays and do only seven quarters of miles in a week at time.

It's a Sunday driver cream puff.   :evil:

--- End quote ---

Don’t remember the last time I stepped into a church, and sometimes the car sits for weeks in the garage. Hardly ever drive it in the summer as the AC doesn’t work and when it did work it really wasn’t very good. I mistakenly installed headers on the engine when it was rebuilt and it dumps lots of hot air into the cabin.  I would have to pull the engine again to remove the headers and I don’t feel like doing that either. Even installed Dynamat on the entire floor and firewall but it doesn’t stop the heat.

Yeah, it’s a cream puff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version