General Category > General Discussion

09 classic v7

(1/4) > >>

vstevens:
After many years without a bike, I discovered the gorgeous motoguzzi V7 stone.  The local dealer has a couple stones, specials, and racers.  A few days later, I went to the dealer to take a look up close.  The specials were already sold but a couple stone were available.  And an old 09 classic they just in as a trade.  So I arranged a test ride of both the 2015 stone and the 09 classic.  Of the two, I preferred the classic.  With only 2000 or so miles, it has a small windscreen, after market pipes, bar end mirrors, and softer shocks.  It felt more stable and planted, made for a more relaxed ride.  And the tank was swollen.  On deceleration, a lot of popping.  And perhaps... Just perhaps the right cylinder seemed to run hotter. 

The price is less the half the new bike, and the white paint is tastefully retro.  I'd read about the plastic tank fiasco but gotta ask.... Does it matter if the tank swells?  The dealer said it was under warranty.  But I'm not sure that I can trust them.  Any thoughts or advice?

rocker59:
Replace it with a 2012 model metal tank and you'll be all good.

I had a 2010 model V7 Classic in black/gold.  It was a great little bike!

mwrenn:

--- Quote from: vstevens on March 30, 2015, 10:53:09 PM ---After many years without a bike, I discovered the gorgeous motoguzzi V7 stone.  The local dealer has a couple stones, specials, and racers.  A few days later, I went to the dealer to take a look up close.  The specials were already sold but a couple stone were available.  And an old 09 classic they just in as a trade.  So I arranged a test ride of both the 2015 stone and the 09 classic.  Of the two, I preferred the classic.  With only 2000 or so miles, it has a small windscreen, after market pipes, bar end mirrors, and softer shocks.  It felt more stable and planted, made for a more relaxed ride.  And the tank was swollen.  On deceleration, a lot of popping.  And perhaps... Just perhaps the right cylinder seemed to run hotter. 

The price is less the half the new bike, and the white paint is tastefully retro.  I'd read about the plastic tank fiasco but gotta ask.... Does it matter if the tank swells?  The dealer said it was under warranty.  But I'm not sure that I can trust them.  Any thoughts or advice?

--- End quote ---

Depends on what you want.  If you like the Classic better, then get it.  I would sure make certain the metal tank is part of the deal.  You will have to replace the fuel pump too, the Classic pump won't work in the metal tank...
I have a 2010 V7C that I swapped out tanks on.  It's a great little bike!
Cheers!  Post up pics of what you wind up with!  LOL

jas67:
I had a white 09 V7C, and loved it.
The plastic tank was one of the reasons that I traded up to a '13.

:+1 on getting the dealer to put a metal tank on, even if you have to pay for part of it.
They did say it was under warranty, no?   Then, they should put the new tank on it to sell it.

m13:
I have a white '09 classic I purchased new in '09. The dealer replaced my plastic tank first month with another plastic. The second one has shown no problems. Is the tank failure inevitable? or hit to miss?,..depending? Love the bike too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version