Author Topic: Gerbing Warrantee  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
Gerbing Warrantee
« on: November 13, 2019, 06:34:57 PM »
I believe when Gerbing was a US company their heated gear had a lifetime warrantee
Does anyone know if the present owner stands by this?

My jacket has a short but before I tear it apart should I be sending it out for repair?

Thanks
Roy
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 07:58:30 PM by Kiwi_Roy »
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline 80CX100

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Gerbing Warrantee
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 09:40:26 PM »
Hey Roy,   Confirm the info before you make a decision, but here's my understanding.

I bought an older used Gerbing outfit, so I've done some reading on them. I think because of the lifetime warranty costs, the company was going bankrupt, so they dissolved and restarted under a new corporation, with new different design technology, absolving themselves of financial liabilities.

I don't think they will honor the warranty.

From reading, it seems that most of the shorts are in the area where the wires join to fittings near the cuffs/connectors etc.

I'm very confident that with your skills, you'd have no trouble fixing it,,, but are you as good a seamstress as you are with with electrickery  :bow:

I'll be following this to see what others chime in with.

Good luck

Kelly
2008 California Vintage
2003 V11 Lemans
2007 Griso 1100
1979 G5 & 1980 Lemans CX100
2010 Suzuki DR650 & 1978 SR500

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Offline JayDee24ca

• Gosling
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 11:02:10 PM »
Hi Roy, I have a full set of gear from Gerbring as well, and I changed all the connections over to something more modern, and also so I could install a wireless unit. My understanding was that the company had been dissolved, no warrantee.
JD
'74 Nuovo Falcone
'79 Convert
79 G5
the rest are all gone.....

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 03:59:09 AM »
Kelly, JD, I think you are probably right.
I bought a pair of Girbing gloves about a year ago from the warming store at that time the lady I spoke to said her boss owned Gerbing

https://www.gerbing.com
I dropped them a line

Because my jacket is out of service I searched around and found the cable that came with the gloves, it had never been unrolled
I used it a couple of times before I noticed it had blown the fuse, I found it was possible to short out the plugs at the cuff as you plug them in
I have taken to plugging them in at the wrist then the waist
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 04:18:12 AM by Kiwi_Roy »
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 03:59:09 AM »

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 10:47:06 PM »
I contacted Gerbing they say they will be happy to fix my jacket and sent me a workmen's order No

In need to send it to
Gerbing
1031 East Mountain St
Buildin 309, Suite 106
Kernersville, NC 27284

its cheaper for them to send it back to a US postal address
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Offline 80CX100

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 12:02:20 AM »
its cheaper for them to send it back to a US postal address

Hey Roy,   That's excellent, please update how it goes, I'll definitely be following along.

Those of us north of the 49th should line up a communal address in the US for stuff like this.

I hope it works out well for you, I've been pulling my hair out for a month trying to get some replacement straps from Nelson-Riggs for some saddle bags, it's unbelievable that in this day and age, that some companies just come to a complete standstill at the prospect of an International border.fwiw

Good luck

Kelly
2008 California Vintage
2003 V11 Lemans
2007 Griso 1100

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 01:26:28 AM »
Hey Roy,   That's excellent, please update how it goes, I'll definitely be following along.

Those of us north of the 49th should line up a communal address in the US for stuff like this.

I hope it works out well for you, I've been pulling my hair out for a month trying to get some replacement straps from Nelson-Riggs for some saddle bags, it's unbelievable that in this day and age, that some companies just come to a complete standstill at the prospect of an International border.fwiw

Good luck

Kelly

You look to be not too far from the border, there must be postal forward places South of you
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Offline 80CX100

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2019, 12:09:15 AM »
You look to be not too far from the border, there must be postal forward places South of you

Yes there are, but then I'd have to get a passport and spend a day driving down and back; but if I jump into a tire changing setup this winter, it would help make it all worthwhile,  :undecided:
2008 California Vintage
2003 V11 Lemans
2007 Griso 1100

Offline mjhinno

• New Egg
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2019, 07:45:34 PM »
Hey Kelly:
Send the straps to me and I'll get them to you UPS. Been sending stuff to customers in CA without issue. PM me and I'll give you my address

Good luck

Kelly

Offline 80CX100

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2019, 02:20:21 AM »
Hey Kelly:
Send the straps to me and I'll get them to you UPS. Been sending stuff to customers in CA without issue. PM me and I'll give you my address

Hey mjhinno,    Tks very much for your kind offer, I'll file it away in case I haven't lined the straps up before Spring.  :thumb:

I've been chatting with Nelson Riggs' customer service a few times already, one of these times I may get lucky and actually get some service.  :laugh:

Tks

Kelly

2008 California Vintage
2003 V11 Lemans
2007 Griso 1100

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here