Author Topic: 750s / v7Sport lowering footpegs  (Read 1201 times)

Offline nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
750s / v7Sport lowering footpegs
« on: November 17, 2019, 02:31:01 PM »
Does anybody have any brilliant, technically easy (and of course, cheap) ways to drop the riders pegs a couple of centimetres?  I have a feeling I would use my 750s a bit more if my knees weren't so bent.

Thoughts?

Nick

canuck750

Re: 750s / v7Sport lowering footpegs
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 07:04:04 PM »
A couple years ago I called MG Cycle to find out if they had any experience with this, unfortunately no luck. Rick old me to avoid the rear sets, they only ben your knees more.

I could ride my V7 Sport for s couple hours but it wasn't comfortable for long.

I have thought about mocking up some lowering brackets like the type I have fitted in the past to my touring bikes (Concours, BMW), a simple bracket that fits onto the end of the original cast steel foot rest support and then the original foot peg section attaches to the lowering bracket.

Looking at a picture of the V7 Sport / 750S bracket I wonder if you tried flipping the brackets L to R and flipping them so the longer section, passenger peg faces front? The exhaust hanger bracket would be lost so that would open another problem but perhaps easier solved than making a lowering bracket...

Offline guzzista

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 07:49:41 PM »
Would using 850T peg brackets help? Both the brake lever spline may need to be rotated towards  ground and  a slightly longer shift linkage rod ( 6mm X 1 thread made up from a bolt) could help the pedals angles if needed. The T pegs could also be cut  and lowered with small bars of steel stock . The rear muffler hangers may not need any mods and you get to keep the unobtanium  750S brackets untouched. Another option would be to remove the footpegs,  use some  1 inch 1/4  inch bar stock,  about  2-3 inch  long then drill and bolt that to where the pegs were originally. Find the best lowering distance  ( about  1 inch or so lower,) drill  and bolt the pegs to  that hole. Pedals may still need rotating toward the ground as mentioned above but  it's a reversible mod  and cheap to carry out ( Guzzi content)
1975 750S Tribute bike, 1994 Cali 1100, 2007 Ducati GT1000, 1983 SP1000, 1973 V7Sport project, 2017 California1400 Touring

Offline cliffrod

• Gaggle Hero
  • AC Button II
    • Carolina Sculpture Studio
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 07:59:40 PM »
after lots of years and miles on my V7 Sport, I find it's much more comfortable to ride on the rear pegs.  I'm 5-9+ with a 36" waist so not tall or reaching around a big stomach, but doubling up between the tommaselli clip-ons and the front pegs sucks.  Once I get up to speed, that's where my feet are if the roads are reasonably clear.  Other times, I'll often ride with one foot up to shift and the other back.

I've thought about making rear set controls that would fit where the rear pegs are and eliminate the front pegs. Pretty sure that  be less difficult than lowering everything.  Two up on the bike is a drag anyways..

Before you do much, try riding with feet back on the rear pegs & see if it's a good fit for you- especially if you ride with the swan necks down low.
1973 V7 Sport  "Now THAT'S a motorcycle!"-  Master Sculptor Giuliano Cecchinelli
1967 V700 Corsa Record
1981 Lemans CX100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExX3YmQel_Q
http://carolinasculpturestudio.com/
Carolina Sculpture Studio YuoTube Channel-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzSYaYdis55gE-vqifz

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 07:59:40 PM »

Offline grebmrof

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 03:24:34 AM »
Could it be converted to T-3 floor boards?  Although that could be very costly these days?  Maybe someone has all of the pieces/parts for this laying around?  I'm sure someone will chime in here soon...
'22 Royal Enfield Int650
'08 Triumph Bonneville T100

Offline earemike

• Lurker
  • Gosling
    • A place for me to park on the web
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 03:35:36 AM »
You could get a straight piece of alloy & bolt a peg in line with the frame mount bolts - most race bikes go up & back. It’d give you an extra peg width lower...
850 T3
850 LeMans killer goose or somesutch I’m told
850 LeMans
850 LeMans II (I've butchered it by fitting a round headlight & removing the front faring.)
SP1000 Stucchi
V11 Ballabio
V7 Sport (needs a little work)

Offline nick949

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that's given to you.
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Nick Adams Writing
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 06:48:51 AM »
Thanks for all the suggestions folks.  I'll see what transpires.

Nick

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2019, 07:16:38 AM »
Could it be converted to T-3 floor boards?  Although that could be very costly these days?  Maybe someone has all of the pieces/parts for this laying around?  I'm sure someone will chime in here soon...

Noooooooooooooooooo ooooooo!
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here