Author Topic: Aprilia Shiver 750 / annual gathering of nortons  (Read 5296 times)

Steveski

Aprilia Shiver 750 / annual gathering of nortons
« on: February 24, 2015, 09:18:37 PM »
Two subjects here....
been looking to buy a new bike over past year & while I was seriously considering the v7, my research led me to the Aprilia Shiver & I found a new 2013 model at Motorcycle Mall up in Belleville NJ for $6999 in black which I bought over the phone after checking the Shiver out at Eurosports in Coopersburg, PA who could not match the price. It came down to the Aprilia or the V7 .... I was really thinking the Shiver would be too tall... But it wasn't ... I could touch both feet comfortably & sit on the bike without holding onto the bars.... 95 hp, 3 maps, great brakes, v twin, Italian, 2 yr warranty.... Oh yeah
Thanks for anyone who replied to my posts while I was researching the V7... I really love look of the bike but I could not pass up the 750 Aprilia...
Like the Guzzi,s, not many Aprilias out there.. So I will keep my eye out for you all & wave when I see you.
Anyone within 100 miles of washingtons crossing, pa might want to check out this... The  annual "Gathering of Nortons".... Went a few years ago.... Great time had & some very cool vintage bikes... Not just nortons either...
http://www.dvnr.org/gathering/2015_22nd_flyer.pdf

Offline flip

• Gaggle Hero
  • Aprilia Caponord 1200, Aprilia Shiver, gone MG B11
Re: Aprilia Shiver 750 / annual gathering of nortons
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 10:04:31 PM »
Congratulations on the new bike. The Shiver can be a lot of fun! So, how many carbon fiber body pieces have you been checking out for your Shiver?
North Carolina

Vasco DG

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 05:26:06 AM »
Biggest downside to the Shiver is its crap, bargain basement, suspension.

Sort that and they are more fun than a wetsuit full of custard and an angry anteater.

Pete

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re:
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 05:41:50 AM »
Cool, glad you found something. Sounds like a great bike.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Wildguzzi.com

Re:
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 05:41:50 AM »

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 05:55:04 AM »
a wetsuit full of custard and an angry anteater.

Dang! Gotta find one of those Shiver things.. :D
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Online Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 06:41:11 AM »
http://mgnocnj.forumcircle.com/index.php

I see you're from Jersey.  Join our forum and come on out and ride.  Norton Gathering tends to be our season opener with a breakfast first.  Aprilia will work.
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline Irn

• Gosling
  • 2004 Breva750 2007 BMW F800ST 2006 Vespa GTS2500
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 01:49:42 PM »
 :pop  Biggest downside to the Shiver is its crap, bargain basement, suspension.

Wow then how would you describe the wonderful 1968 suspension Guzzi includes with every V7.....The Shiver is one bike I always thought would be worth a closer look, enjoy your new ride!

jlburgess

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 03:06:22 PM »
The Dorsoduro 750 has great suspension.  Been loving mine  ;-T. Great for urban pothole infested roads.  Almost as fun as custard in your wetsuit but without the anteater  :BEER:

Vasco DG

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 05:27:15 PM »
:pop  Biggest downside to the Shiver is its crap, bargain basement, suspension.

Wow then how would you describe the wonderful 1968 suspension Guzzi includes with every V7.....The Shiver is one bike I always thought would be worth a closer look, enjoy your new ride!

Yup, the V7 suspension could best be described as rudimentary but the little Smallblock is only puting about 40 HP out at the back wheel and it is neither fast or able to be pushed hard like a Shiver. And before all the V7 owners start pouring a monstrous torrent of sh*t-rain on me I'm not saying that they are a bad bike simply stating the truth. I'm actually quite fond of the Nuovo Smallblocks and was really hoping to get to throw a leg over one when I was in Sydney on Tuesday but they'd just sold their demonstrator to a bloke in Melbourne and it was left there when they came back from Phillip Island last weekend.

BTW the V7-II, (Nicknamed, rather cruelly I thought, the V7-Eleven by some wag at the importer! :D) is now in showrooms in Oz, at least the Stones and Specials are the Racoons aren't here yet. Rec Retail? 14K

Pete
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 05:28:46 PM by Vasco DG »

Steveski

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 08:05:16 PM »
I will definitely check out the mg forum & hopefully hook up for some rides..
I am sure you guys have been up to van sant airport, the covered bridges, etc...

If the weather is good for the Norton gathering, good chance I will hook up with you guys... Does the forum have a meetup location & time?

Can't wait for spring.. Break in on the Aprilia is like 650 miles which should not take long at all.....

Online Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 08:38:48 PM »
I will definitely check out the mg forum & hopefully hook up for some rides..
I am sure you guys have been up to van sant airport, the covered bridges, etc...

If the weather is good for the Norton gathering, good chance I will hook up with you guys... Does the forum have a meetup location & time?

Can't wait for spring.. Break in on the Aprilia is like 650 miles which should not take long at all.....

Yes, meeting time and place will be detailed each month on forum. We have a small but dedicated crew.
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here